The new Sacred 2 CM patch - Now available for Ice & Blood

It's worth it for the expansion features, the CM Patch, and my Items Mod of course. ;)

Shameless plug ;)

But Flix is right, the expansion is definitely worth it for the wealth of new content you get access too. including his mod.

• Like! 1

Hey guys,

I played Sacred a little bit more frequently in the past days and I am also very active in Tunngle and I like helping the new players there with their first steps in Ancaria ;)

There are still some things that could improve the game, unfortunately I didnt directly post them here when they came into my mind, but I want to do that from now on.

Here are some of my ideas:

1. A lot (if not all) weapon damage based CAs and the 3 hybrid CAs give an innate bonus to the attack value. Since this influence on your chance to hit your opponents is (as far as I know) not visible on any status screen in the game, it is hard to tell how big that influence is.

Is it possible to change that? Maybe the CAs attack value bonus could be added to your normal attack value in the weapon section of the "F"-screen, as long as the CA is the current active CA.

I dont know how the game works with these values (attack value from (str+dxt+armor & weapon) *percentual boni +AV from CAs or attack value from (str+dxt+armor & weapon+ AV from CAs) *percentual boni). Maybe even something else?

And how does it influence the overall chance to hit (referring to the "last opponent" screen, (which generally lacks of accuracy btw))?

2. I like to use a single CA in a Combo to get the regtime bonus from combat discipline, but I dont like that I cant see the damage values anymore, unless I open the "E"-screen. Is it possible to display the damage of a single CA as combo-damage, if there is only one CA in that combo? Both, in the "F"-screen and in the combo-icon itself?

3. Currently I am playing a Spectral Hand SW. When I use a hafted weapon and the Spectral Hand crits, the typical "shaking effect" of the whole area appears, which often makes other opponents untargetable. This is really annoying, when I want to kill groups of enemies with my 0,5 sec regtime Spectral Hand. Can you disable that "shaking effect" of hafted weapons for for the Spectral Hand, or maybe the effect for hafted weapons in general?

4. In my opinion the %LL effect is too strong. It should be used in a defensive way only and not to shred bosses. I think the values of tom Felde's Thunderous Voice are acceptable and could be used as benchmark for other weapons and set boni.

5. The XP modifications of the DMs "Familiar" and the SWs "Augmenting Guidon" are bugged, as we all know. I suggest to replace them with another gereral bonus. Maybe "chance to find valuables". This would be especially nice for the SW, because he has Enhanced Percetion only as secondary skill choice.

For the "Familiar" a bonus to light range or visibility range would also make sense, as he could be considered to be a kind of "scout".

Of course other boni would be possible as well.

Feel free to discuss my ideas. Some feedback would be nice.

x-cessive

Sorry no one answered you before now. Probably a better way to get a change into the CM Patch is to directly submit an issue on the Mantis Bugtracker.

1-2. Regarding the completeness of the tooltips and the accuracy of the last opponent screen, I don't think anything can be done. Some effects of Combat Arts simply remain hidden (like the damage and attack boost of the weapon-based Combat Arts), and they don't factor into the chance to hit calcuation on the last opponent screen. And sometimes modification enhancements just don't show up on the tooltips. Going into the files ourselves and making all of these things visible is outside the realm of plausibility. I'm sure most of it is hard coded anyway sadly.

3. You can disable screenshake with the customoptions.txt. I forget the line you need to type but search for the customoptions topic and the info is there.

4. Life Leech % is here to stay, I think. At this point, removing it or nerfing it would be messing with something long-established and incorporated into builds and playstyles.

5. I agree about those two bugged XP modifications for Familiar and Augmenting Guidon. I removed them in my personal setup. For Familiar I added chance to hit additional opponents, to help out with weapon-using DM's. For Guidon I added a chance to find valuables.

Hi there. I've just joined this forum :D

some suggestions of mine for CM patch

- make the value of bonus from mods visible in the tooltips, for example, hp regen bonus from mod "repair" of Combat Alerts of TG

- make an int-based weapon that is for attacking, not casting. I love magic coup build on HE. Then I realize that it has too many disadvantages:

+ dmg type restricted

+ only 1 CA to deal dmg which has no synergy with other CA

+ no benefit by tactic lore, combat discipline, ancient magic (not sure of about the anti-immunity part). Partial benefit from weapon lore (attack value, which is unnecessary since Magic Coup rarely misses) because Magic Coup never double hits

+ poor defensive: HE can't get combat reflex or toughness. Her armor have low resistance and bad defensive modifiers compare to those of other classes. Her combat arts don't offer her much either (except for the hp regen from GI, which is... useless if HE gets instant killled). Not to mention her poor base vitality

+ Her total base stats is the worst in all classes, and most of them are of intelligence. To make use of it, magic coup HE has to use a magic staff. And a magic staff doesn't have %LL, disregard armor (which is very important to her since her dmg is restricted), deep wound/deadly wound, all of which are crucial for weapon user. If she uses another weapon, like sword, for those modifiers then 35 base int out of the total of 142 (a quarter) base stats are wasted (still Magic Coup don't double hit so a strong modifier becomes useless to HE). Btw, all that improves Magic Coup dmg is the weapon, the stats it is associated to, delphic arcania lore, thus the stats plays a very important role

For those reasons, I think Magic Coup HE needs some love. Well, this weapon will not affect caster HE since she will be busy casting spells from far away rather than get close to the heat to use Magic Coup. I don't know whether it will make some build of other classes OP but in that case just make this weapon only usable to HE

Hi, sorry no one responded yet.

See my response above about the tooltips. Sometimes they just don't show up, and it's more than a matter of typing in the right text somewhere. The good news is for buffs or temporary buffs, even though the effects aren't always listed in the CA tooltip you can usually see the effects either in the Sigma bonus overview or on the character information (like the increased HP regen from Combat Alert).

Magic Coup has disadvantages but they are compensated for by all the many bonuses the CA grants. As you said, it has high damage and almost never misses, it can be modded for life leech/regen per hit, area splash damage. Most of the normal offensive skills don't affect it, but they don't need to because Delphic Arcania lore takes care of it.

Stats simply don't play much of an important role with weapon damage in Ice and Blood. So even a high-damage staff with the Efl's high intellligence usually won't compare to the damage from a Polearm. That being said, I agree that there should be more staves in the game that are designed for attacking. In fact I made several and added them to the Community Items Mod. The mod is in the process of being added to the next version of the Community Patch, so you might get your wish after all.

Edited by Flix
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1076

The first Release Candidate is built as MOD and needs testing:

- all Items of Item Mod 1.2

- New quests

- Old quests, even the Mainquest

Look for

- NPC that doesn't move as expected

- Translation errors

Issues:

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/changelog_page.php

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

downloading both the patch and the mod enabler. it took me a few minutes to figure out what I was doing/how I was supposed to do this. my poor scrambled up brain.

later --- I cannot get the file to unzip inside the steam folder I keep getting the message that the archive won't open.

Edited by Ysne58

Try to open the file with 7zip wherever you saved it. If it opens, it is not damaged at least. If not, repeat the download. Then unzip the file in your "my files" folder. Then try copying the New subfolder into your sacred2/mods folder.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Try to open the file with 7zip wherever you saved it. If it opens, it is not damaged at least. If not, repeat the download. Then unzip the file in your "my files" folder. Then try copying the New subfolder into your sacred2/mods folder.

CU Marcus

I did try opening it in the original folder and it still said it couldn't open the archive. I'll redownload and try again later today.

The patch has been phenomenally successful! Big thanks to the entire CM Patch team for keeping this alive :bounce: On another note, the patch has really hit the hearts of downloaders over the last two months, and just in this month alone, we've used about 550 GB just for this :dance: ...

Go CMPatch Go!

I bet part of it is from a new batch of gamers buying Sacred 2 on GOG, and getting the CM Patch.

I did try opening it in the original folder and it still said it couldn't open the archive. I'll redownload and try again later today.

Ysne your download may have prematurely finished before it was completed. This happened to me a few times. Check to see that it's the full size and re-download if necessary.

• Like! 1

CM-Patch_v0150_RC1.7z should be 93.401.042 Bytes

MD5: 479B151F554B848B4FC1725B5144B466
SHA-1: 5F9D95D16246AB20DC2D42133386490008FC41BE
SHA-256: BFA359862797B9630AFA278F5C0AC74E1B25E263B35865F868AA443EBF70A049

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

I was guessing the download messed up. File size was the next thing I was going to check but hadn't had time til now. The file on my computer was only 17,000 kb.

I finally got it to download, after messing with internet connection. According to the generic mod enabler it is enabled. however when I run the game, the game runs but not with the patch.

I have no problem with the 1.40 patch working when I re-enable it. I have not tried running this with both the 1.40 and the 1.50 both enabled.

The MODhas to be installed in top of CMP 140. Make sure that

- sacred 2 is properly installed (of course)

- cmp 140 installed and shows in menu screen

- Modenabler installed in sacred 2 directory

- mod 150 unzipped in MODS subfolder

- enable the mod; Version should show in main menu screen

CU Marcus

• Like! 1

Ok, so what I'm missing then is that I disabled 1.40. I'll fix that when I get home from chemo and try running it again. Thanks so much for clarifying this for me!

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1076

- Items are integrated and working, but some copyright issues have to be clarifierd.

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=1101

Release Candidate 2 is uploading. Wikiupload is not available at the moment, so I decided to share a folder of my google drive.

Items will stay with all properties, but they will look a little different now as we fall back to original data from S2FA.

CU Marcus

• Like! 1

I got it downloaded just fine. It extracted just fine. I was able to add it via the generic mod enabler. I checked the snapshot comparison.

Then I started the game up. It shows the 1.40 patch running on the loading page.

• Like! 1

Have a look at the additional files (pictures) inside the download folder and pay attention to the highlighted issues.

ModEnabler.jpg: Left side of the ModEnabler shows available MODS, right sides shows installed MODS.

Sacred2 Directory.jpg: ModEnabler and MODS folder should be placed here. The text file shows the CMP Version.

Sacred2 Ingame.jpg: On the bottom of the screen version, build, language and CMP version is shown.

Sacred2 locale Directory.jpg: Without installed Mod only your language is shown. With the Mod installed, 10 subfolders for 10 languages are present.

Sacred2 MODS Directory.jpg: The Subfolder CM-Patch should contain the content of the downloaded zip.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Release Candidate 2 is uploading. Wikiupload is not available at the moment, so I decided to share a folder of my google drive.

Thanks for new release Marcus, we're also working on the wiki upload, should be up and running on Sept first

:)

gogo

Have a look at the additional files (pictures) inside the download folder and pay attention to the highlighted issues.

ModEnabler.jpg: Left side of the ModEnabler shows available MODS, right sides shows installed MODS.

check that is what it looks like when I launch it -- both 1 and 2 show up as available

Sacred2 Directory.jpg: ModEnabler and MODS folder should be placed here. The text file shows the CMP Version.

Both are I the Sacred2 directory.

Sacred2 Ingame.jpg: On the bottom of the screen version, build, language and CMP version is shown.

It shows cm -patch 1.40

Sacred2 locale Directory.jpg: Without installed Mod only your language is shown. With the Mod installed, 10 subfolders for 10 languages are present.

There is only one language file en-uk

Sacred2 MODS Directory.jpg: The Subfolder CM-Patch should contain the content of the downloaded zip.

Yes it does, that one conatins all the languages.in the language folder.

marcuswob, on 28 Aug 2014 - 00:10, said:

CU Marcus