No experience from Activated Pillar skele spawns

This is a "save others from wasting time on the same thing" post:

Not sure if anyone besides Knuckles might remember how in Sacred I'd "farm" experience from goblins spawned by goblin shamans...

In D3, I've been watching for monsters/objects that spawn minions (especially non-bosses who aren't hitting me in between spawns). Well, how about the 4 activated pillars before you reach the skele king? The pillars spawn skeles endlessly. The bad news is those spawns give zero experience points. I parked my monk just out of my range of the pillars and I killed wave after wave after wave of spawns and got zero experience points (the only experience points I did get were from the few skeles from the side hallways). Only thing I got from the spawned skeles was health globes.

So focus on destroying the 4 pillars as fast as possible. I haven't double checked but one webpage says you get an achievement if you destroy all 4 at once.

(Note: I haven't figured out if other spawned skeles are the same or not. The other two sources (skele sorcerors and a trick resplendent chest) I can think of only give a limited number of spawns, so I'd think those would give proper experience.)

This is a "save others from wasting time on the same thing" post:

Not sure if anyone besides Knuckles might remember how in Sacred I'd "farm" experience from goblins spawned by goblin shamans...

In D3, I've been watching for monsters/objects that spawn minions (especially non-bosses who aren't hitting me in between spawns). Well, how about the 4 activated pillars before you reach the skele king? The pillars spawn skeles endlessly. The bad news is those spawns give zero experience points. I parked my monk just out of my range of the pillars and I killed wave after wave after wave of spawns and got zero experience points (the only experience points I did get were from the few skeles from the side hallways). Only thing I got from the spawned skeles was health globes.

So focus on destroying the 4 pillars as fast as possible. I haven't double checked but one webpage says you get an achievement if you destroy all 4 at once.

(Note: I haven't figured out if other spawned skeles are the same or not. The other two sources (skele sorcerors and a trick resplendent chest) I can think of only give a limited number of spawns, so I'd think those would give proper experience.)

Yeah, this is a downer. Is there any drops from this at all though? Any way to come ahead on this with gold or something?

:)

gogo

Four pillars "together" is an achievement. I did it with a level 40-something wizard in normal, with disintegration beam with the third rune I think (the one that fires out random extra beams). Just stand in the middle and shoot it to some spot with a lot of skeletons on it.

Four pillars "together" is an achievement. I did it with a level 40-something wizard in normal, with disintegration beam with the third rune I think (the one that fires out random extra beams). Just stand in the middle and shoot it to some spot with a lot of skeletons on it.

If you damage all four pillars a little bit and then use force wave with wizard in the center, you get same effect. Now I'm just wondering if other classes besides wizard can do it :Just_Cuz_21:

<br />Nope, health globes and health globes only.  Any experience or drops was from the skeles that come from the side corridors.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If this is true, what' the point of the room...tryng out our skills against a load of enemies, or just the achievement?

:)

gogo

what' the point of the room...tryng out our skills against a load of enemies, or just the achievement?

Wow, yesterday I realized you can completely skip the pillars, just open the next door and keep running!

There is absolutely zero reason (except for the "kill all 4 in one blow" acheive) to even pause for the pillars! You don't even get bonus "massacre" experience from the spawned skeles! (Same goes for the ghost sword in the floor just before that, don't need to touch it. It's only purpose is storyline, which I admit is a nice touch.)