Still playing Sacred 2?

Anyone out there still playing? I stopped about a year ago I guess. I've been playing Diablo 3 since it's launch and honestly it's left me feeling very disappointed and wanting to play better games of the genera. It's either pick up Sacred 2 back up or TQ:IT until GW2 comes out. Anyone feeling the same?

Yes.

I played Ice and Blood until shortly after Closed Net went dark. For me D3 is enjoyable enough with friends, but I have been anxiously waiting for GW2.

Oh yeah. It's my go-to game (along with Titan Quest) when I'm not actively playing/learning a new game.

The reason being that I know the ins and outs of the game and the characters like the back of my hand, and I can pretty much count on fully leveling up 9+ characters taking the rest of my life. In other words, it's a mindlessly fun game that I'll never actually "finish."

Occasionally, when I want to take a break from other games, I'll dive into Ancaria. There's still quests I've never done and characters I've never finished the game, even on silver.

There's bound to be something new to be found and done for quite a while for me. :)

Anyone out there still playing? I stopped about a year ago I guess. I've been playing Diablo 3 since it's launch and honestly it's left me feeling very disappointed and wanting to play better games of the genera. It's either pick up Sacred 2 back up or TQ:IT until GW2 comes out. Anyone feeling the same?

T, I had soooooo many years with this game, I think the wiki got us to meet up with a ton of peeps here on forum, and the game was so under priced. If you look at the amazing amount of content they managed to squeeze out, sacred 2 is on part with some of the fake baby mini-mmo's out there that sneak out onto browser games.

For me, unless a game has a HUGE amount of constant content (GW3, and some mmo's) I'll find it hard to stick to. Sacred and Sacred 2 build DarkMatters, and the amazing kick we can get from a HC game. I remember playing SC sacred years back, the Sacred International Forum was the first forum I'd ever been on, and that game, Sacred... my fire ever online MP game. I got so bored with SP, and even SC...just seemed like there was no point, if I could just die and blitz to another save point.

HC changed the world, was so sad when the servers went down, but Diablo 3 is fueling my passion for that thrill. Guild Wars 2 is gonna be a great relaxing game, no stress... can hardly wait till it's here.

:)

gogo

Recently got my hands on a used PS3, so now I can actually play Sacred 2 more often. Given the number of times I've started the game over from scratch just because of either not being satisfied with a build or a HD wipe, I just might finish a game for once. :P Meanwhile, in no rush to play either Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2.

Edited by Aegis
I have to agree about D3 - it's good, but not as good as it could have been.

Yep. Spend a bit of time with it and you start to realize that it was created to be a cash cow first, player satisfaction second. Or third. Most likely fiftieth. I'm probably not going to go back to it for that reason.

I would be.. Except for a few minor technical difficulties I've been having. Namely my video card dropped dead. That and a few more of life's roadblocks that's been getting in the way. Been debating on either getting a replacement - or getting one that's a bit better. I'm leaning on the better one. Might as well get an upgrade out of it.

Awww Wolfie that sucks. I can commiserate with ya.

*hugs*

As for me, I still go back to all the Sacred games from time to time. Never actually finished Sacred 2 due to multiple computer crashes... can't count the number of times I have started over from scratch.

Speaking of Sacred 2... thinking of going back to it now since GW1 has been boring lately.

I got the same way with GW. 5 years of playing (maybe 6 now) it and after NF no real new content gets old fast. Plus around here the game likes to have fits of extreme latency due to ISP problems. After the latest bout with it I finally just gave up on the game. HOM not even remotely finished but I'm ok with it. I'd rather move on and play something else that works properly for me instead of head bash on one game for months at a time.

I basically stopped playing a few years ago. I was only 'playing' to do wiki work. But now that D3 is here I don't know when or if I'll ever get back to it.

Kinda glad I "cannot" play Sacred 2 anymore. I blame 3 of my 4 PS3 deaths to that game! Didn't get it fixed the last time it died, and migrated to PC, but without internet, I haven't been able to get Sacred 2 (I got and played a little of the first one+UW).

Sacriledge? Maybe. :tongue:

During the last month I have been playing a bit of Sacred 2 Gold, Sacred 1, Sims 3, Torchlight 1 and Diablo 3. I have to say that Diablo 3 is leading the pack hours wise at the moment, but Sacred 2 is probably in second place. Still a great game after all of this time.

Still play Sacred 2, as if the servers never went down. MP on LAN, doing so, one can still start on start island. Single Player does not have this option. Must admit, lag is no longer an issue. When playing MP, my lagluster internet could not keep up most of the time.

RIP Sacred 2 HC EU!

Still holding firm to my original goal, leveling 2 characters to 200 before I let the game collect dust. Got my Shadow Warrior up to level 191 *Blacksmith* as of late last night. Then I will move onto either a Seraphim or Dragon Mage. Once again I must admit, Cursed Forest runs over & over does become a bit drab.

Once either reach 200, I will step back and reorganize.

See you all on the flipside.

I remain, :bye:

I'm a little busy with Diablo 3 at the moment. But I want to come back to Sacred 2 soon. I've been doing a female monk in D3, and it gave me the idea to try a seraphim who be basically the same toon in Ancaria.

I've never played a seraphim in Sacred 2, so it would be a new kind of experience to enjoy in a great game. I've still never played in the expansion areas, either. I'm trying to save the Christmas area to do for the first time this Christmas. Or maybe next Christmas. I'm a highly distractible gamer.

belgarathmth: I can really recommend Seraphim playthrough, as might quite many others here do too. :P

Been a staple fave of mine since the olden days of original Sacred. There's so many variants for the techie angel to do. (Started whacking around with a polearm-build a while ago, and it sure is a refresher.)

And Blood Forest will surely give you run for your money. But be wary of The Great Eye, for it is wicked indeed...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still playing Single Player without the Community Patch occasionally.

Hi Dave0...may I ask why you specifically say..."without the Community Patch"...?

Thanks