Guild Wars 2 - Guild Emblem Creator

Should we decide on a guild cape now? Just to save time when the actual game comes out?

I don't recall them saying anything about a cape for the guilds but they did mention guild crests getting placed on the armor.

I don't recall them saying anything about a cape for the guilds but they did mention guild crests getting placed on the armor.

Whoops, didn't even think that there might be no capes. Armor however sounds even cooler :D

Should we decide on a guild cape now? Just to save time when the actual game comes out?

I think that is a good idea.

Something to keep in mine though, is that there is both a time and cost associated with doing this. In order to unlock the guild emblem, it will take a couple of days to earn the 600 guild influence, plus 40 hours construction time. Then the armor smith costs 1500 influence and 56 hours, and the weapon smith 6000 influence and 112 hours.

Another potential gotcha is that a number of players have reported that guild influence is server specific. That means if we are unlucky and get split across servers, the influence we earn will be divided. And the possibility exists that each server would have to make all of the purchases. I have not seen anything official about how guild influence works across servers.

That tool looks cool, but I wished we could use the darkmatters logo that is on the facebook page, that would make our characters so unique. And ouch about the cost to get it all done.

Max

A lot of people were not happy that you had to select from pre-fab logos. I would guess that Arena Net did that to keep out inappropriate ones.

The influence prices are set for all guilds. Monster guilds with 500 members will have no trouble racking up the influence in no time. Tiny guilds like ours will have to wait a lot longer. If I can remember tomorrow, I will take a screenshot of our guild pane if I make it home before the end of the stress test. That will give us an idea how much influence we earned in BWE3. We can use that to project how long it will take for various upgrades.

OK, so we took screenshots of the guild pane near the end of the stress test. For the BWE and stress test, we earned over 2648 influence (including 1000 we spent testing guild upgrades).

Assuming it has the priority, we should be able to start on the emblem about half way through the first day of the head start. After that, we should be able to move on the the weapon smith just as fast as the construction time allows. There might be a delay before starting the armor smith, depending on how fast we generate influence. Of course, this is all ultimately up to the guild leader.

I read that you can buy influence for something like 100/10s. Also think I saw a few upgrades that gave a % increase in gaining influence.

Looks like it is 1 influence per silver (Guild Promoter). That seems a little steep to me, at least in the beginning. It may be a steal later when we are drowning in coin.

The influence boost is +5% for 24 hours and costs 100. In order to break even, we would have to earn 2000 influence in a day. We will have to wait and see if that is profitable for us.

+5% Influence for 24 Hrs.

This might be an extremely stupid question but do you have any idea who many folks we are looking at as far as being in the guild?

Excellent question. Here is the best list I can come up with.

•  
  • Genenut (guild leader elect)
  • Lord of the North
  • daemonrocks23
  • me
  • Flooxim
  • Kiyeri
  • Kriv
  • Ryan
  • Wygram
  • Zodiak
  • Scleameth
  • gogo
  • Schot

There were a couple of other Ice and Blood regulars who made noises about it, but they have not participated in any of the GW2 discussion in a long while.

Edit:

Added daemonrocks23.

Totally derailing the topic for a tad here, but can we make a thread to keep track of usernames, so that we can add people to our friends list from FDM? I think it'd be nice to have in one place :)

Totally derailing the topic for a tad here, but can we make a thread to keep track of usernames, so that we can add people to our friends list from FDM? I think it'd be nice to have in one place :)

"It's in there!" :biggrin:

In game, you can press the G key to bring up the guild pane. One of the tabs there shows every guild member and whether they are online. From there, you can whisper, invite to party, the works.

"It's in there!" :biggrin:

In game, you can press the G key to bring up the guild pane. One of the tabs there shows every guild member and whether they are online. From there, you can whisper, invite to party, the works.

Lol, have not all those members on the list joined the guild then? Because when I was pressing 'G' the only members I saw were you, zodiak, kiyeri, wygram, flooxim, and myself.

Lol, have not all those members on the list joined the guild then? Because when I was pressing 'G' the only members I saw were you, zodiak, kiyeri, wygram, flooxim, and myself.

Correct. Genenut and family, and Scleameth are waiting for release. gogo is still battling D3 addition, but he hopes to be recovered in time to play GW2 at release. Kriv and I were never able to hook up to get him in the guild.

•  
  • Lord of the North (her husband)
  • their son (can never remember his handle, sorry)

His username here is "daemonrocks23", maybe we can send him a PM to see some activity from him.

We learned influence pretty fast I think during BWE3 and ST3, and we were only 5 or 6. Imagine with twice this many people! :BlobRed:

But I'm not sure if we will earn 2000 influence per day. That is quite a lot.

Max

I read that you can buy influence for something like 100/10s. Also think I saw a few upgrades that gave a % increase in gaining influence.

Looks like it is 1 influence per silver (Guild Promoter). That seems a little steep to me, at least in the beginning. It may be a steal later when we are drowning in coin.

• Lord of the North
  • daemonrocks23
  • me
  • Flooxim
  • Kiyeri
  • Kriv
  • Ryan
  • Wygram
  • Zodiak
  • Scleameth
  • gogo
  • Schot

There were a couple of other Ice and Blood regulars who made noises about it, but they have not participated in any of the GW2 discussion in a long while.

Edit:

Added daemonrocks23.

Heyas,

I know that both Immali and Chrona will be there, Immali is trying to persuade me every day, so thats a sure one ;)

Barr

Don't forget you can belong to more than one guild tho =) in fact you can belong to 20 if you want... just have to represent

True, and I am all for having all of DarkMatters in FDM, if for nothing more than a contact list. On the topic of building influence though, only those members who represent matter.

That means if we are unlucky and get split across servers, the influence we earn will be divided. And the possibility exists that each server would have to make all of the purchases.

I just remembered that all players who pre-purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition will receive a Tome of Influence. I couldn't find the amount of Influence the Tome gives, but it should be enough to have a good start.

Max

This is true, Im hoping that you dont loose any influence when you pop into another guild to chat tho

AFAIK, you should not. Although there may have been issues in beta.

This is true, Im hoping that you dont loose any influence when you pop into another guild to chat tho

AFAIK, you should not. Although there may have been issues in beta.

Yea there were in the first two Beta's when I popped over to Tig (when it still exhisted =( RIP) I lost influence. But after the second Beta I was only in FDM so I couldn't check