So is Diablo 3 dead for forum members?

It's been very quiet in D3 lately. Is everyone moving on?

I moved from HC to SC because I finally had it with dying every couple of days (or couple of hours, or even couple of minutes on a bad day). On the up side, I've made it to level 57.

I do really dislike that you can't play using drops as they seem to always be below your level, never equal or above you.

The grind has become: play several hours to get gold and another level, spend all the gold in the AH, repeat.

The grind has become: play several hours to get gold and another level, spend all the gold in the AH, repeat.

I hate this

I loved it at first, the skills just mesmerized me, couldn't get enough of switching them and trying new combos. I finally made it to level 60 HC, and big sigh escaped me as the gong sounded...

I was just so exhausted with going back over and over to AH...it had become a job. The initial play (oh, the joy of this game, still remember all the excitement! :bounce: )

I realized that, I would NEVER find a drop that I could use immediately. And this is supposed to be a game, easy... I was wanting the item procurement process to be something different than it is in real life... I wanted a product straight from the mouth of the Deux Ex Machina that would instantly thrill me because it was an instant perfect fit, kind of like in Sacred... you'd play and play and Kaching! a drop...and it would instantly be perfect.

In Diablo 3, there's no instant perfect fit.

Here comes guild Wars 2

:)

gogo

Not playing much, though it is more a question of limited time, and other interesting games out and/or coming out.

(re-)Playing Dark Souls on PC right now - being game of the decade pretty much, means that Diablo 3 cant exactly compete, no matter what one thinks about it :)

Tbh, the grind is what one makes of it. Don't treat it like a grind and it wont be one.

Will probably check back in with Diablo 3 when they get some more patches out. With all the inferno nerfs, the game is in more need of end-game than ever.

I wanted a product straight from the mouth of the Deux Ex Machina that would instantly thrill me because it was an instant perfect fit, kind of like in Sacred... you'd play and play and Kaching! a drop...and it would instantly be perfect.

Not to turn this into a Sacred 2 topic, but it is funny about perception. The feeling that I could never find really good drops is exactly the one I had in Sacred 2. There I could find good items much easier by running between vendor screens - which was not very fun.

This does not excuse Diablo 3's AH for repeating the same mistake of course.

Edited by Shadout

The auction house ruined the game as far as I'm concerned.

One of the main attraction for these types of games is the loot.

Loot from drops......... not from going to a big merchant.

I got incredibly busy at work to the point where it was work and sleep only for a few weeks. So during that time I couldn't play at all. Now that I have the time, I just don't have the desire to play. Until they fix the loot I just can't see a good reason to fire it up again

I'm still playing from time to time, although I never was that seriously into it (my highest character is about level 35 in Nightmare). It never really grabbed me the way I hoped it would in the first place, so it's something I boot up from time to time when I build up the willpower. It's a fairly fun game, and there's not much else I find entertaining at the moment, except replaying bits of Sacred 2, of course.

iam sad to say it but I found D3 kinda shallow :oooo:

still in there from time to time But I find myself enjoying playing Age of Conan alot more (free to play now btw) ;)

:viking:

I dropped out after the first two weeks, another waste of money - even worst than Hellgate: London as far as $ go. Hellgate was at least fun.

I actually feel like I got my money's worth though. I was killing this game for HOURS on end.. whole weekends would go buy, total take out disaster, pizza boxes, chinese... couldn't find my furniture at one point :lol: Good ole gaming! :lildevil: but... it didn't last... which doesn't mean it's bad I guess? I mean, I got hundreds of hours out of the game...just not the thousands I got out of Sacred.

But, as I had posted... this game is different, there's no chance of a perfect item falling for you in early to mid levels... you can't play with that immediete hunger of looking for an item via drops, getting something wonderful, trying it on, doing all your calcs and seeing it exceeds all your needs and even more...

That won't happen in Diablo 3!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

w w w waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

k, breakfast

:Just_Cuz_12:

gogo

p.s. gosh bhj, that's been years for you guys with Conan now... have you gotten your Cimmerian passport yet? :P:

Yep worth the money But it just didnt give me the UW feeling (or AOC feeling for that matter) both games ive played for thousands and thousands of hours

Yeah they are still working on the game adding new stuff and updating it So iam having fun (and thats the most important thing) :) From time to time they fu something in a update but its normaly fix quite soon "ish" lol :)

Playing on EU CROM if anyone wants to give it a go http://www.ageofconan.com ;)

:viking:

D3 is a great game, well worth the money spent.

Still, it's not a game that you can play for 10 years like D2 was.

True, but on the other hand, was Diablo 2 patch 1.0 (or some of the first patches after that) something you wanted to play for 10 years either? Probably not.

It is difficult to say if patches will bring D3 to the point where D2 was as the time where most people seem to remember it today - which seems to be patch 1.0.8+.

Not that I could ever imagine playing Diablo 2 for 10 years either :D For years though; no problem.

Content was/is incredibly weak in D3. That was the first thing I noticed. Then I noticed the drops... That was it for me. And on top of that, measly max 4 player servers. I made it to Inferno and I did get my money's worth I feel BUT, and I'm surprised to have thought this, Sacred 2 has way more re-playability. Go figure! Blizzard with all it's wealth and knowledge can't top Sacred 2 in terms re-playability. In my opinion of course...

Goodbye D3! Hello GW2 and soon to be Sacred 3/Citadel! Where content is King. :viking:

Still, it's not a game that you can play for 10 years like D2 was. Shame on Jay Wilson :mafia:

I agree with this part. Great job Blizzard making changes to make the game more 'fun'.

This is a situation where the developers make the game they want, not the game their customers want.

There is so much fail in D3, I don't even want to start to comment.

Edited by kriv

My intuition told me to stay away.

Very happy I listened this time around. From what I have read from this thread and many other threads regarding D3, nothing lost.

However, Shadout hit the nail. D2 did not begin where it ended. The game took on new life with every passing patch. The years went by hardly noticed. After a full blown evolution, D2 is where she is today.

Where I disagree with Shadout is the 10 year max timeframe. I am one of those gamers who did infact play D2 for 10 years. As the game evolves, so to does the gamer.

Very difficult to say one cannot play a single game for 10 years. As the game changes, via patches, so does the gaming enviroment. Therefore making the same game, replayable.

I remain, ;)

Still playing solo on SC. Some time ago took every character thru normal after my monk got stuck in hell act 2, gettin killed all the time. I did find barb so much fun to play so kept on playing. Now currently at 60lvl (+2 paragon level) on inferno act 3. Still can't even get pass of the first monster packs, so back to AH improve something. Not going to do any grinding because I haven't needed to do so far and that's great. Let's see if barb can make it thru inferno. If it requires farming, not going to do it. I think it's good enought score to even get trhu act 1 and 2 on inferno. Then it's just AH time for monk to get it up to inferno, not going to even try inferno whit it. After that WD and DH thru nightmare and maybe hell, not sure yet.. after that it's time to wait for the expansion to come out.

I'm separating between playing a 10 year old game and playing a game for 10 years (continuously) :)

I played D2 right before D3 release myself, and it was still fun - though graphics were hard on the eyes and controls can be annoying. Hell, I replayed Diablo 1 as well (to get in the mood ^^), and it was pretty fun too.

Cant imagine playing the same game (MMOs excluded, as they change so drastically over time) every year for 10 years, which I know many people did. Picking up the game again after some years, and the game still being fun however, is another thing - in my head. Different kinds of longevity.

Diablo 3s problem probably isnt that it wont be a fun game to play again some years from now, as the game is mostly fun to play right out of the gate - its problem is rather that it is not very fun to keep playing continuously - which obviously sucks a bit for a game type that is known for its "continuous playing" longevity.

Edited by Shadout

It's a real shame they had to be so "innovative" about the game mechanics. I waited a while before purchasing, but eventually just bought it to play with a close friend who got the game with his WoW subscribtion.

soloplay is absolutely boring. the grind is awfull, the story is annoying, loot is horrible and the community is...... I won't even go there.

and I havent even touched those lame monster affixes they thought "fun" (frozen/jailor/mortar/molten anyone?)

But still grinding once or twice a week with my mate untill (for me) Torchlight 2 hits and (for my mate) the next WoW expansion is released.

I just use it as an interactive chatbox of sorts with him.

• 4 weeks later...

Heya Gogo,

ayup, 2x level 60 DH, level 60 monk, 2x level 60 Barb. Wizz and second monk on the way.

Also have a 60 DH and 60 Wizz in SC, to play together with Spunky, Dobbie and other regulars :D

I was shocked when I looked at my profile that I've spend over 340 hours so far playing D3.

I installed the "public test realm" and tried the next patch for a bit. Seems like a few nice improvements but not a real game changer.

Since I'll just keep playing it if I don't force myself to change... I uninstalled D3 this evening. Not sure if/when I'll go back.

Since I'll just keep playing it if I don't force myself to change... I uninstalled D3 this evening. Not sure if/when I'll go back.

You're taking it off cuz yer playing too much?

:o

gogo

p.s. Ahh, SC D3...I never "got" why that could be just as satisfying and exciting as playing HC...but it finally clicked for me with diminishing "lasts" on equipment.