Guild Wars 2 - Crafting Legendaries

• 4 weeks later...

I did some research today about what it takes to get Twilight and realized that I just might need to play forever to get all the items required at the rate I'm going at the moment :cry:

The requirements for Legendaries are just ungodly. On top of that, a certain amount of chance is involved. Each Legendary requires 77 Mystic Clover and players report a 66-75% failure rate when crafting them. The precursor Exotics have a worse failure rate and a much higher cost, which is probably why the precursors make up the entire list of Top Valued Items on the Trading Post.

To put things in perspective though, how long did it take for you to get your first Legendary drop in Sacred 2? It took me 14 months.

Heh, well I'm playing Sacred 2 on PS3 so legendaries is not really on the cards :) but I'm just wondering how the heck the guys in the video link in my previous post got these items during the beta weekends? :Just_Cuz_21: Unless they had a whole lot of help from other players...

Heh, well I'm playing Sacred 2 on PS3 so legendaries is not really on the cards :) but I'm just wondering how the heck the guys in the video link in my previous post got these items during the beta weekends? :Just_Cuz_21: Unless they had a whole lot of help from other players...

I started on ps3, so I feel your pain there.

I try not to think too hard how some people got Legendaries so quickly. I am not sure I would like the answer.

• 6 months later...

Well I must confess that I had a change of heart regarding Legendaries. Shortly after hitting L80 on my Mesmer I decided that a Legendary would be a suitably difficult goal. I am happy to report that I achieved that goal earlier today.

• Like! 1

I did some research today about what it takes to get Twilight and realized that I just might need to play forever to get all the items required at the rate I'm going at the moment :cry:

The requirements for Legendaries are just ungodly. On top of that, a certain amount of chance is involved. Each Legendary requires 77 Mystic Clover and players report a 66-75% failure rate when crafting them. The precursor Exotics have a worse failure rate and a much higher cost, which is probably why the precursors make up the entire list of Top Valued Items on the Trading Post.

To put things in perspective though, how long did it take for you to get your first Legendary drop in Sacred 2? It took me 14 months.

I take it you mean besides the Boneslicer. Because that one is a guaranteed drop - just kill General Terus to complete the Undead Legion campaign in the Elf region.

I take it you mean besides the Boneslicer. Because that one is a guaranteed drop - just kill General Terus to complete the Undead Legion campaign in the Elf region.

Yes, it took me that long to get my first random drop Legendary.

Congratz on Bolt! That's one great accomplishment there Lujate! I did not know there were footprints along with it - NICE!

I think I should get away from WvW a bit, since it's costing me a ton of gold atm. Upgrades, upgrades, upgrades....

Congratz on Bolt! That's one great accomplishment there Lujate! I did not know there were footprints along with it - NICE!

I think I should get away from WvW a bit, since it's costing me a ton of gold atm. Upgrades, upgrades, upgrades....

Most of the MH Legendaries have footprints, although some (like mine) are harder to see. As opposed to Richard's longbow which are much more obvious.
  • 1 month later...

Any tips that you found useful in your quest for the legendary lujate? I finally got around to getting the research (which components + gifts) that I will need to make my legendary. I'm going to first start with map completion I think, because I really haven't had a chance to explore the world as much as I'd like. And the 400 crafting in your two disciplines (weaponsmith and armorsmith for me) I figure I can get as I move along as there are lots of good guides for that. So basically my question is, any things I should be looking out for as I rotate around the map? :)

Any tips that you found useful in your quest for the legendary lujate? I finally got around to getting the research (which components + gifts) that I will need to make my legendary. I'm going to first start with map completion I think, because I really haven't had a chance to explore the world as much as I'd like. And the 400 crafting in your two disciplines (weaponsmith and armorsmith for me) I figure I can get as I move along as there are lots of good guides for that. So basically my question is, any things I should be looking out for as I rotate around the map? :)

First thing to remember is that all four WvW maps are also required for map completion, so check those often for things you need. We are green for the rest of the week, so get all the green points you can since next week we will almost certainly be blue again.

The Bloodstone Shard costs 200 skill points, so best to stick with one character to accumulate skill points while getting map completion.

You will need full stacks of every T6 fine mat, so it might not hurt to take your time while clearing the zones where those drop.

First thing to remember is that all four WvW maps are also required for map completion, so check those often for things you need. We are green for the rest of the week, so get all the green points you can since next week we will almost certainly be blue again.

This is an excellent point, thanks! I had totally forgotten that WvW was part of map completion, and with our new color switch it should open up some more points. Must obtain ALL the POI along the way :D

If the Bloodstone shard is not account or character bound I'm more than willing to acquire it for you! I'm soooo far away from crafting a legendary and it actually does not bother me that much to be honest. I have over 350 skill points on my guardian so it won't effect me in the slightest. All I'm using my skill points for atm is crafting superior siege and I only use about 5 per day which is about equal to the amount of levels I gain on a good innings in WvW.

Edited by Scleameth

If the Bloodstone shard is not account or character bound I'm more than willing to acquire it for you! I'm soooo far away from crafting a legendary and it actually does not bother me that much to be honest. I have over 350 skill points on my guardian so it won't effect me in the slightest. All I'm using my skill points for atm is crafting superior siege and I only use about 5 per day which is about equal to the amount of levels I gain on a good innings in WvW.

:o That's a crazy generous offer! Unfortunately, shards are soulbound on acquire but thanks! Depending on when I am on I may try to party up with you for WvW because I need those Badges :D

• 2 months later...

After finishing Bolt, I really had no intention of making another Legendary. That was until I rolled my Ranger. Day 1 playing her I decided that she deserved a Legendary. Some of you may know the rather dim view I take of the ranger class. In most games, the ranger M.O. is to stand in one place and use a single finger to hit the attack button. IMHO, that is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Contrast that to my GW2 ranger who moves like a Tasmanian devil hopped up on caffeine.

I do not see another Legendary in my future. I have all but one profession to 80 and my Necro is almost 50. None of the others have that certain "spark" required for them to be worthy of a Legendary.

• Like! 1

I remember that you once said the Ranger would be the very very last character you would make. Turns out you suddenly got tempted (Kiy?) to make a Ranger. When I saw that Legendary on your Ranger last night, I told myself that this profession must have climbed pretty fast into your top professions list. I really like when you play with your Ranger, and that bow is just awesome, I can't stop smiling while looking at it.