Auction House prices on inferno gear

Anyone else thinking those asking prices are way too much on act3/act4 inferno gear?

I understand that the best sets and legendarys are realle expensive, but even the average rares are way too expensive. Prices should go down on SC as the gear never leaves from the game like they sometimes do on HC, so there should be rapid decline on prices, but haven't seen one happen. Somehow it feels like the prices has gone up.

On normal and nightmare you would get good gear for 5k buyout prices and 20-50k on hell. First weapon I got for inferno cost about 200k and all the other gear around the same. That's fine, because it's still possible to get 200k pretty fast in inferno. On act2 the prices went even over 300-400k. Only way to get the stuff I needed was buy the overprices stuff whit decent bids right on the last few minutes.

Now playing close to end of act3 (allready in the craters) and starting to get beaten by normal guys again and my gear is allready pretty good, so I need even better upgrades. Too bad now items cost atleast 1-8m gold per item.. so where do you expect to me get that amount of money? Just yesterday tried to buy helm that would improve around 40 strenght and 5 all resistances to my current one (which I paid less than 100k)and 300k bid was too low right when I made it. Today the price of that helm was already 880k and had 14h to go. So to upgrade my gear up to act3/act4 worthy would cost atleast 50m or more.. That would take months of farming for me. I'm lucky to get hour a day playing time.

Maybe it's time wait till the prices go down and 1.0.5 comes out, maybe that'll help out. Atleast if the loot is actually starting to be any good.

Sorry for the rant, but inferno has been really hard, but same time really rewarding to play. I hope fun doesn't end just because there's no way to get upgrades..

Depends what your criteria for "average" gear is, if it's main stat + vit, all res, crit chance/crit dmg, and a specific resist or some other useful stat like life regen etc. I reckon those prices there are pretty decent.

Good advice for getting cheap gear is to leave one of your desired stats out of the search, say you want str/vit/all res/life regen on every piece, but instead you go for pieces with only 3 of those stats, like a belt with 250 str, 70 all res & 150 life regen, and then lets say you also buy some boots with 190 vit, 60 all res & 150 life regen.

Going with items like that will get you some really neat items for almost no gold at all, just make sure you make up for the loss of the missing stat on a piece with a high value one on another piece.

It's not that bad (if 'not bad' = getting gear cheap...).

For a few million gold you can get good enough gear for clearing inferno. At least that was my experience when going back to SC recently, gearing up a new monk from scratch.

The gear still wont be good enough for clearing it effectively/rarely dying however - Probably closer to 10-20m+ gear then.

Might be a matter of what one considers decent as Spunky says.

Getting good enough gear for NEVER dying in act3-4 Inferno would be insanely expensive. Getting gear for clearing it; not so much.

Inferno should get considerably easier in 1.0.5 though, which will both make it possible to play with cheaper gear, as well as further lower the prices due to more people being able to find the gear.

Edited by Shadout

Yes, I have been greedy to look Strenght, vitality and all resist on every armor piece. It's so hard to balance vit and strenght when they are not on the same item and lowering my all resist is not an option. Still going to try that tip, will be lot of math work, but if can save few million there, would be great.

On weapon side I haven't been so greedy anymore as realized I would never find a weapon of my dreams whit amount money I can collect. Here is something I'm looking for.. 1h weapon whit more than 900dps, +600 life on hit and more than 100 strenght and still the cheapest listed was 500k whit more than a day of AH time left so the price will go up. Next two weapons are 2m and 3,5m whit more than a day of AH time left.

Not looking for anything uber gear, just something to survive on random elite packs. Or then I just have to run like a coward when I see them, like I cleared some parts of act2 when my gear wasn't good enought to handle them.

Back to the original question... yes, prices are insane. I got stuck at Inferno Act 2 because I refuse to pay more that 20 or 30K for any one item. Even in a public game w/ 4 players all working together, mid-Act 2 is just beyond my current gear.

But... I think the paragon levels will change the AH over the next month or so. Each paragon level increases your stats. So you'll be less dependent on uber gear. And w/ everyone reaching max MF and GF, people will be finding more and better stuff which will then go on the AH. It's just a matter of time while players grind out the paragon levels. Or at least that's my plan and opinion.

EDIT: of course, if I were cynical, I might suggest that the people w/ gold bots are buying out all the cheap items in the gold AH to ramp up the prices and make casual players move to the real money AH.

Edited by masteff