I'm back! Reinstalling Sacred 2

Hello all :)

I have been getting the Sacred 2 craving back lately and am about to reinstall it. But I have been away for so long now, I am not sure of some things anymore. I have both the US and UK versions of the game but I'm going to install the UK version so I can run Ice and Blood too. I know the game will need patched, I'd like a little help though.

I see a lot has changed around here. Where is the absolute best place or places to find patches? What are the must-have downloads for Sacred 2 UK?

I did try some searching but couldn't come up with much. I really appreciate any help :)

-Smitty

EDIT:

Something else, as I mentioned I have the Ice and Blood expansion pack. If I remember right I need to get my base game version from 2.0.2 up to 2.43, then do I install Ice and Blood and then 2.65.1 then 2.65.2?

Edited by AgentSmith5150

Thanks for the help guys. I used to have all these oddities about installing, patching, and making the game "happy" so it will run but I've been away from it for so long those things slip away. But I know it is still one of my all time favorites regardless of all the problems.

And yea GoGo, I have been playing games :)

Been pretty heavily involved in Firefall, the game and the community. Got into it when Red 5 Studios announced it back in Sept. 2010 at PAX. Been a big part of the community over 2 years now. Got invited along with 19 other community members to California to visit the studio, party with the dev team, get to see the inner workings of a game studio and let in on a lot of secrets. R5 is a really awesome group, treated us like part of the family.

Other than that, I have been into GW2, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. Have you guys checked out PoE? It reminds me a lot of the Sacred series. I think you guys would like it :)

Yeppo. Both Torchlight and PoE are on my list too.

Though, I'm keeping PoE on hold until open beta and the swipe. I don't find it too thrilling to grind up stuff, just to end up loosing it on reset...

TL 2 really is getting me into it, being sucker for the original game. After few minutes it was like returning home, so to speak. :)

If only one could split into too to doubly enjoy gaming, TL2's loosing big time to Tales of Graces f, xD

Thanks for the help guys. I used to have all these oddities about installing, patching, and making the game "happy" so it will run but I've been away from it for so long those things slip away. But I know it is still one of my all time favorites regardless of all the problems.

And yea GoGo, I have been playing games :)

Been pretty heavily involved in Firefall, the game and the community. Got into it when Red 5 Studios announced it back in Sept. 2010 at PAX. Been a big part of the community over 2 years now. Got invited along with 19 other community members to California to visit the studio, party with the dev team, get to see the inner workings of a game studio and let in on a lot of secrets. R5 is a really awesome group, treated us like part of the family.

Other than that, I have been into GW2, Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. Have you guys checked out PoE? It reminds me a lot of the Sacred series. I think you guys would like it :)

You always have these great moments! Remember when you drove down with your family and met up with one of the guys from Sacred 2 and he set you up with all that game gear... and now this... awesome!

:)

gogo

Got invited along with 19 other community members to California to visit the studio, party with the dev team, get to see the inner workings of a game studio and let in on a lot of secrets. R5 is a really awesome group, treated us like part of the family.

This statement reminds me of a famous quote. For the life of me cannot remember who from...

"It's not what you know, but who you know."

Party with the DEV team from a major, successful title...

Pure Awesome Sauce!

I remain, :thumbsup:

Yeah I was so blown away when I got the invite. No idea they were even planning the event. We all played the dev build of the beta at the time in the studio, heard the history of how they put the team together, just massive amounts of info and just incredibly fun. Top 3 best experiences of my life thus far :)

• 6 years later...

Ok, I'm digging up this old thread because I'm trying to install this bloody game again (like an idiot) so many years later. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. 

So I got the main game installed and then ran it once. Then installed I&B pack. Now I'm trying to run it and I'm fighting the ridiculous SECURom garbage. I can't find the path for the ActivationRequest.dfa is located because of course running with one of my activation keys didn't work. 

Any help is deeply appreciated. I just want to be able to play a game I purchased over a DECADE AGO. 

EDIT: I try the manual activation and after adding the ActivationRequest.dfa to the activation page and entering the game ser # I get an error "invalid file size". I assume this occurs because the ActivationRequest.dfa file says it is 0 bytes. Just don't know what's going on here. I don't recall ever running into this. 

Edited by AgentSmith5150
  • Like! 1
On 7/21/2019 at 12:45 AM, AgentSmith5150 said:

Ok, I'm digging up this old thread because I'm trying to install this bloody game again (like an idiot) so many years later. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. 

So I got the main game installed and then ran it once. Then installed I&B pack. Now I'm trying to run it and I'm fighting the ridiculous SECURom garbage. I can't find the path for the ActivationRequest.dfa is located because of course running with one of my activation keys didn't work. 

Any help is deeply appreciated. I just want to be able to play a game I purchased over a DECADE AGO. 

EDIT: I try the manual activation and after adding the ActivationRequest.dfa to the activation page and entering the game ser # I get an error "invalid file size". I assume this occurs because the ActivationRequest.dfa file says it is 0 bytes. Just don't know what's going on here. I don't recall ever running into this. 

Awesome seeing you back Agent!
I remember having the game on disks and eventually as years went by got a copy of Steam, just because it was more convenient but was rather challenging for the Community Patch.  Maybe this is a way that you can get back to the game?  I'm hoping someone here can offer something a little more detailed and helpful.

Wow, we had great times when this game came out years ago...I'll never forget that road trip you made down with your family to meet one of the distributors and hooked up with all that great Sacred 2 Merch...  the early good years!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I installed Sacred 2 again last week on the computer of our third. Was a real pain, one of the first german copies. One problem I remember was that my daughter had single click execution and I am used to double clicks. So I had 2 copies of the game server at once and at patching it couldn't delete files because the second server was still using them. I think I first installed the old Sacred 2. This could be installed without the activation file. Then ptaching it up to 2.40 then 2.43 because this is needed for ice and blood. Then installing ice and blood using the key for the addon, having the request file in the sacred folder and klicking the link at manual installation for the license file.

Given the time needed it would have been cheaper to buy new from Steam or GoG ;)

• Like! 1

I appreciate the responses guys! Great to see you're still going strong here too GoGo!! 

I did see the Steam version and I nearly went for it but I'm an extremely stubborn old mule (ask my wife) and I fought and fought and I don't know how I did it but I got it to work. I don't know why I keep letting this game pull me in, lol

• Haha 1

"...I don't know why I keep letting this game pull me in, lol"

You must know, for deep inside you realize Sacred 2 has so very much to offer and it has such an immense replay value. It is a game that is beyond merely compelling it is an allure difficult to resist.

• Like! 1