Reached level 80 no deaths

Hi all!!

Today I finally made it!!

Since the day the game started I had in mind a sort of "hardmode" challenge.....reaching level 80 no deaths.

In these 2 months I made a lot of characters....all the classes except the engineer were tried....and tried again.

On death I kept only my first 5 characters and the highest level ones.

I reached 45 with a guardian....then 51 with a thief.....then always death.

Then I made another try at a warrior.....and so Cinthya Of The Wind saw the light.

The concept was an axe\warhorn warrior, able to keep swiftness up all the time for fast travelling and exploring.

After some careful play, learning from my previous mistakes, I finally made it....

If anyone is interested I can give some more details....and if I find how to do it I can post a nice screenshot of my character.

I want to give a huge thank you to Chrona for the neverending moral support....without those chats and tips I would have never made it!

Happy gaming to all the Darkmatters friends!!

This is quite an accomplishment! Would you mind uploading a pic of your character (gear, hero, etc) along with the result of the /deaths command that you can type in-game. Also, could you share some of your tips and post them in the Dress to Survive topic? That would be greatly appreciated.

Max

Hi all!

Today I finally made it!

Since the day the game started I had in mind a sort of "hardmode" challenge.....reaching level 80 no deaths.

In these 2 months I made a lot of characters....all the classes except the engineer were tried....and tried again.

On death I kept only my first 5 characters and the highest level ones.

I reached 45 with a guardian....then 51 with a thief.....then always death.

Then I made another try at a warrior.....and so Cinthya Of The Wind saw the light.

The concept was an axe\warhorn warrior, able to keep swiftness up all the time for fast travelling and exploring.

After some careful play, learning from my previous mistakes, I finally made it....

If anyone is interested I can give some more details....and if I find how to do it I can post a nice screenshot of my character.

I want to give a huge thank you to Chrona for the neverending moral support....without those chats and tips I would have never made it!

Happy gaming to all the Darkmatters friends!

good story, and great accomplishment!

I would love to see that pic, and happy hearing some good ole fashioned HC has spread throught game dom

Gratz

:)

gogo

Thanks for the replies and to Chrona for posting the photo (I'm not that good in that).

I did some crafting in jewelry and armorsmith. But my main way to get experience was with events and exploring areas full map. It takes some planning and some caution (a lot of caution). Perma swiftness was very important as it was the warhorn ability to cure conditions (and make them boons) with the right trait.

My final build was 20/0/20/20/10.

First of all I got all the vitality points, then the ones to unlock signet mastery. At 30 I had 10 vit and 10 for signet mastery. The others went into strenght. At 40 I put 20 in vit for the warhonr buff (the other important one is more damage for every boon on me, and I had always 3-5 boons on me).

I was able to solo a lot of veterans, even in groups; no champion solo....that would be crazy for this goal. I got downed about 2 times.....almost got heart attack there....but enemies were at very low health so some of them died and I got up and running, literally....warhorn cured conditions and I escaped with speed from the bad situation. My alternate weapon was longbow for the f1, 3, 4 and 5 abilities. Longbow was used in a lot of difficult events where champions were involved.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Nice goin Immali. I completely forgot about the HC approach in GW2. Good on yah! I can certainly appreciate the difficulty of that. There should be a massive achievement for that. Like some cool floaty graphic above your head.

Well done! :viking: