Currently Watching...

Omnicide

I know the Van Helsing anime, but I always had some trouble to find my way in. Extreme gore, blood, limb chopping and stuff is not my cup of tea any more. Too old. What I am missing are villains with charisma, a background maybe. Became very rare in movies of the past years.

Stephen Rae as Santiago from Interview with the Vampire is my favorite villain. He has got only little screentime but he uses every single second. Extremely good acting.

Edited by Dax
22 hours ago, Flix said:

Vampire Hunter D was the first anime I saw that wasn't for little kids.  I remember watching in the 90's and being blown away.

Same for Coppola's Dracula, I love that film!  @gogoblender I'll check out the new Netflix Dracula, might be good.

No discussion of Dracula anime would be complete without mentioning Hellsing.  There was an anime around 2001, but I'd recommend the more recent Hellsing Ultimate, which follows the manga more closely.

This trailer is amazing  I've never even heard or seen of this anime before... wow... maybe im a dark drac anime fan 

:4rofl:

gogo

22 hours ago, Dax said:

I know the Van Helsing anime, but I always had some trouble to find my way in. Extreme gore, blood, limb chopping and stuff is not my cup of tea any more. Too old. What I am missing are villains with charisma, a background maybe. Became very rare in movies of the past years.

Stephen Rae as Santiago from Interview with the Vampire is my favorite villain. He has got only little screentime but he uses every single second. Extremely good acting.

Villains with Charismas... ahhh, lovely...the ones that make hating them hard :D ...

Its funny because I've been following the latest iteration of Lost in Space on Netflix... the first season I loved.,,..second season first few episode were a bit slow...until they again engaged at full power Dr. Smith...I'm sometimes so annoyed that they keep lettering her get away with stuff and yet keep her high-power convincing at epic levels...much like the vampires with the power of Charm...  Park Posey ... 

:viking:

gogo

ps btw Dax that trailer is insane! the music editing with the visuals is pretty impressive.  I've never actually watched Interview, but just parts from it and I"ve read the books.. Will track this down just for the villains :D

If anyone likes over the top animation with humor and violence, the harley quinn cartoon is great. Probably need to find "alternative" methods to view because it's from the DC universe App. I think their stuff is on Netflix outside the US

On 3/3/2020 at 12:47 PM, Veracious said:

If anyone likes over the top animation with humor and violence, the harley quinn cartoon is great. Probably need to find "alternative" methods to view because it's from the DC universe App. I think their stuff is on Netflix outside the US

I’ll try to catch but my hearts set on upcoming Netflix... but if Available in my Netflix network I’ll at least try and see the first episodeAvailable in my Netflix network I’ll at least try and see the first episode

🕺🏿

gogo

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

Castlevania Season 3 is out now.  I'm 2 episodes in so far.  Looking very good.

Ohhhh! I forgot that it came out today. I guess I know what I will be doing this evening!!! Thank you for the reminder Flix!

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Castlevania Season 3 is out now.  I'm 2 episodes in so far.  Looking very good.

5 hours ago, DarkWolfNine said:

Ohhhh! I forgot that it came out today. I guess I know what I will be doing this evening!!! Thank you for the reminder Flix!

Yes... and my cousin just called me to tell me he wolfed down five episodes last night... work night! :lol:... were actually going on family vacation tomorrow morning and will be back next week... plan on doing a lot of vampire watching when we get back!

:bounce:

gogo

• Respect! 1
14 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Yes... and my cousin just called me to tell me he wolfed down five episodes last night... work night! :lol:... were actually going on family vacation tomorrow morning and will be back next week... plan on doing a lot of vampire watching when we get back!

:bounce:

gogo

That's fantastic! Something fun to look forward to! (not that you aren't looking forward to a family vacation! I need to plan for one, it's been too long) Have a safe and fun trip!

Gotta love family vacation :) If you're going to the beach, don't forget to keep your eyes open. So many treasures lay right at peoples' feet, and they don't pay attention. This little beauty was laying right on the beach, and no one even gave it a second glance. I turned to some guy and said "you see that?", to which he replied "you don't have dog turds where you're from?" It's not a dog turd, it's an agatized Tampa Bay coral. Just right there on the beach, man!

602707152_TB2.thumb.PNG.3456290c071c00e486f2942633defc7c.PNG

811849757_TB1-Copy.thumb.PNG.80920a128264eaa87746e98e8fd02cc6.PNG

• Appreciation 1
On 3/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, Veracious said:

The movie "Freaks" on Netflix from 2018 was surprisingly good. Takes about 30 minutes to reveal what's going on but the rest is awesome. 

Downloaded this on Netflix... first time ... hope it works on airplanes ✈️ 

😃

gogo

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Downloaded this on Netflix... first time ... hope it works on airplanes ✈️ 

😃

gogo

Hope you enjoyed it. It took me a little bit to warm up to the initial slow pace but there was enough intrigue to want to know what the deal was that I had to keep watching. Totally worth the ending. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack... and was able to successfully download a bunch of netflix movies on phone...and this time they actually wanted to play in another country :4rofl: ...  Course the inflight entertainment on airplanes is just stick these days... watched Aquaman AND Joker...the latter a real treat... and by everyone else's screens on the flight...quite popular! :bounce:

We all finished watching Locke and Key last night... great music, great editing, and a pretty good story..its just that the end was so non satisfying... kind of like they didnt know how to end it properly and just wanted us to get hooked to the second season... I find a lot of stuff on Netflix is like that these days...

Course... before Freaks...enter Transylvania... hell, here it comes...been waiting for this for a looooooooooong time!

:viking:

gogo

I have been so so busy with work lately...  Because of the comm junctions dropping across Easter Canada its brought more inqjiries and customers to us asking for explanations...and because I dont know what the future holds, I find myself booking at much OverTime as possible just to save against Zombies :crazy: ... I  did make a strange pick last night... 

The Platform... Spanish movie (dont you love how spanish sounds in horror movies!) about a a group of people incarcerated, two per floor in a massive tower that noone knows how tall it is...but what you do know is this... what you need comes from top, and what you dont use goes down...

pretty gruesome movie, with some great philosophical twists and thought provoking situations....

Yes, prepare for grooooooosome...AND great beauty...the tables laden with food look like something taken from paintings of feasts hanging upon gallery walls

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, Veracious said:

Finally took the time to watch Glass. I really liked that ending to the m night shamylan trilogy. Surprised by the route he took. 

Ive always wanted to see that!
I never really liked how the first ended. bit of a wash for me...but the story line and concept was so sharp.  There's so much stuff to watch these days... but if I see this pop up on Netflix, its a must view

gogo

On 3/23/2020 at 7:57 AM, gogoblender said:

Ive always wanted to see that!
I never really liked how the first ended. bit of a wash for me...but the story line and concept was so sharp.  There's so much stuff to watch these days... but if I see this pop up on Netflix, its a must view

gogo

I think I watched it on amazon prime. I don't remember if it's on Netflix. 

I am bummed that wonder woman 2 is pushed back until August now :(

On 2/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, gogoblender said:

I saw Vampire Hunter in Netflix lists...I'll give it a go on your rec... 

So have you managed to watch it yet Gogo? It's a very detailed and theatrical movie, really fitting the atmosphere. 

Today I've managed to get my gf to watch The Last Airbender (the series, not that other monstrosity). She's enjoying it so far :wink:

On 3/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, Timotheus said:

So have you managed to watch it yet Gogo? It's a very detailed and theatrical movie, really fitting the atmosphere. 

Today I've managed to get my gf to watch The Last Airbender (the series, not that other monstrosity). She's enjoying it so far :wink:

No Timo sorry :cry:  I've been so busy working at home these days... I've elected to not take off any days anymore and just work nine hours all week days and four hours each weekend.  They are offering so much Overtime at work, and I really want to help out because some people have started coughing at the center :blink: .... I will get to it!  And... I saw the animated series The Last Airbender... three years worth in a weekend...your gf must be enjoying!!  Voice acting story AND effects are all first class!
:wizard:

gogo

So what is everyone watching while the world goes to hell in a handbasket? Lol. My gf and I watched the first 3 mythica movies which are a little cheesy but acceptable given the circumstances. It sort of looks like the old Hercules and Xena tv shows. Figures since Kevin Sorbo appears a couple times. 

• Like! 1
20 hours ago, Veracious said:

So what is everyone watching while the world goes to hell in a handbasket? Lol. My gf and I watched the first 3 mythica movies which are a little cheesy but acceptable given the circumstances. It sort of looks like the old Hercules and Xena tv shows. Figures since Kevin Sorbo appears a couple times. 

Covid watching... thank god for internet :bounce: ...   

we just  got cbs all access for free...theyre offering a special for a year !

We just watched third episode of PIcard last night... pretty much only get an hour of watch time day because of so much overt time from work... but loving this series! The music, lighting, INCREDIBLE sets... very expensive, beautiful series....

If yer a fan of the actor... watch

though its a little sad sometimes seeing his voice getting older...but he's still our Picard

:bow:

gogo

@Veracious still on the avatar here.

Although last week I finally managed to watch the last two movies in the resident evil franchise. I have a weak spot for those, but mainly the first three. The last two were a solid "meh" :4rofl:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
6 hours ago, Timotheus said:

@Veracious still on the avatar here.

Although last week I finally managed to watch the last two movies in the resident evil franchise. I have a weak spot for those, but mainly the first three. The last two were a solid "meh" :4rofl:

ha... i know that feeling... and its heart breaking!  The first and even second for me were solid movies... though I remember watching the first, and being absolutely delighted by seeing her in this role with the accompanying solid story line, and beautiful effects...I sometimes go back to that movie just to rewatch scenes where this series' magic starts but somehow trails away ...

:sob:

gogo

On 4/3/2020 at 8:00 AM, gogoblender said:

We just watched third episode of PIcard last night... pretty much only get an hour of watch time day because of so much overt time from work... but loving this series! The music, lighting, INCREDIBLE sets... very expensive, beautiful series....

For some reason the release of this show has prompted me to go back and watch Star Trek: The Next Generation.  I'd only ever seen random episodes in syndication was I was growing up in the 90's. I'm determined to watch all of it.  178 hour-long episodes.  :heat:

I've only made it through Season 2 currently.  It's so good, very much like classic Trek (my favorite).  I've read this was because Gene Roddenberry was still heavily involved in the first two seasons.

• Like! 1