I would like to suggest an auto back up feature of the regular files when installing the CM patch. I was thinking of having those files being placed in a backup folder in the sacred 2 directory. I think this could be useful for some people that want to keep the official logos and the blue frames and such without uninstalling and reinstalling the patch and to avoid the missing icons and/or models of some items the patch makes available.

First off, If you want the folks who actually work on the CM Patch to get this, you might want to post it on the bug tracker. Yes, they are members here, but they're not here every day. You can find the link to the bug tracker here. It's toward the bottom of the first post.

BTW.. The only icons missing with the CM Patch are links to the multiplayer online servers that are no longer available. The servers in question were turned off just about a year ago by Deep Silver. The servers weren't seeing much in the way of action. Deep Silver likely felt that running those servers was costing them too much money - money they decided was better spent on developing Sacred 3 (and the prologue - Sacred Citadel). So in all fairness, they serve no real purpose.

I was thinking of posting it there but wanted to see what other thought about over here first. The icons I'm talking are the item ones like the inventory items and such. What do you think about it wolfie?