Ever Wonder...?

Yah.. It's disappointing. You'd think the devs would have snuck in some clever piece of text for us to decipher... :sigh:

It would have made an EPIC Easter Egg...!

... You'd think the devs would have snuck in some clever piece of text for us to decipher ...

Who said they didn't. Perhaps it's an Acronym ...
  • Like! 1

That we have to insert vowels into as well?

That would be a step up for puzzles^^... it's funny cuz I was thinking about this last night when I saw this topic again... we have the consonants... is there a program out there that can help fill in vowels AND make sense with words?

:)

gogo

That we have to insert vowels into as well?

That would be a step up for puzzles^^... it's funny cuz I was thinking about this last night when I saw this topic again... we have the consonants... is there a program out there that can help fill in vowels AND make sense with words?

:)

gogo

Eh.. Not so sure about that... There are two vowels in the mix - an A between the V and J and an E between the D and an R..

And let's not forget that the developers are a multinational, multilingual bunch. It could have been a phrase or word in German or any of the other languages the devs spoke...

Sheesh... It's quite simple. They're not Greek letters. They're Ancarian runes that were transposed into Greek letters for lack of the proper font (lazy programmers: "we'll fix that in beta").. So first you have to figure out what the original Ancarian rune was and then you have to find someone who speaks Ancarian.

My money is on "no ticket, no laundry".

Don't buy the "we'll fix it in beta" theory.. The same circle of runes appeared in Sacred 1 as well. You'd think they would have dealt with that somewhere along the way if that was the case.

Didn't you get the decoder ring? It says "drink more ovaltine and enjoy" or is it "don't shoot the BFG; you'll shoot your eye out"?

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

The letters translate - from top center going clockwise all the way around - to DgFvajdktrxyldcvnbvdertgj

Well... that's wrong for a kickoff (not entirely, but in some cases)...

At the center bottom, there's a symbol, that doesn't resemble any of the greek letters.

I'll start there: d ch ô n b ô d e r t g f D g F ô a f d k t r xi psi ... and the last thing isn't really a lambda... it could be an inverted lambda with an additional line, but I don't get what it's supposed to mean...

The bars on top of the omegas in the SW and W position could be emphases bars.

108751265_1cb25cf2b7.jpg

OK, lambda it is then^^

But somebody must've known that this sort of game might sell internationally... so why use a set of letters others can read, AND make it utter jibberish?

Edited by Nighthawk