Fake hamburgers

I know it sounds gross, but convenience is getting to be kind of a king for me, and these meat pucks are always on sale in the grocery store. I've never bought this level of processed meat before. My friend at work, who is always super working out and brings in only meat and wraps, is addicted to seasoned frozen chicken breasts which he just thaws and then cooks and eats with salads.

We used to cook pre seasoned meat pucks at work, and thought I would give it a try.

Not bad.

The ones I got were the cheapo grocery store brand, and actually didn't taste like any meat I'd have before :lol: After I checked the ingredients, saw that a huge part of it was soy...which actually made for a tasty, moist burger? Then after this, just yesterday I picked up some same brand store brand 'sirloin" burgers...much more dense, supposedly more meat, but feeling heavier...

Dunno... does faked, puffed up soy meat stuff taste better than real meat now...and if there's more soy in it, isn't it just plain healthier?

Course, nothing still beats out the texture and taste of a just created patty, that's flipped expertly upon a grill...

Summer is coming

:)

gogo

I've tried veggie dogs and veggie burgers... and liked them.

Somewhere in my recent reading I came across the idea that men should avoid soy products. The writer was concerned with estrogen production in men. So, he wanted men to avoid soy.

I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid soy sauce, but am now not going to consciously choose tofu or soy to eat.

That's all I know. A cautionary idea from a fitness writer.

• Like! 1

The thing about soy is UNFERMENTED soy products. I just saw something on this the other day - and of course, I'll be hornswaggled if I can remember where.

But, yeah, like Frosty said, eating mass quantities of soy can be problematic as it can lead to male infertility, cancer and other health risks.

I just also read something on this about how 60% of most foods you might find on the supermarket shelf may contain soy in one shape or another. It could be directly referred to as soy or simply as hydrolyzed vegetable protein.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/soy-health_b_1822466.html

Soy is not a part of a traditional german veggieburger.

We call them Bratlinge. Actually we call every Frikadelle without meat a Bratling: Lentils, millets, rice, buckwheat, Grünkern, Dinkel, ... lot of things to replace the meat. Normally all leftovers are used in a crative way. My favourite is Grünkern mixed with millet and bear garlic.

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-german-bratlinge-with-guacamole/

Gruenkernbratlinge-angerichtet2.jpg

Stats are so confusing to me. I know that as easily as they can be produced for one "truth" using a larger truth can easily create counter "truth"?

I'm drinking some soy milk every day in my coffee and a soya burger every two days... any chance of me waking up one morning and looking like Madonna?

:o

gogo

Stats are so confusing to me. I know that as easily as they can be produced for one "truth" using a larger truth can easily create counter "truth"?

I'm drinking some soy milk every day in my coffee and a soya burger every two days... any chance of me waking up one morning and looking like Madonna?

:o

gogo

Now that would be a sight.. Don't know if I'd wanna see that...

I don't think feasting on Soy products will give you a sex change. But it may make your little swimmers stop swimming... And the report said huge quantities - like you'd have to be eating LOTS of unfermented soy products...

• Like! 1

Yes, but mainly because Madonna looks more weird from day to day....

Madonna...? Weird? Nah... She's toned her funky fashion sense down from 11 to a 2.. She's more normal than most...

Now if you want WEIRD - you gotta go with Lady Gaga - her and her meat clothes. Her fashion sense broke the meter...

Isn't she the new Madonna though? I was thinking Madonna was pretty outside the rules when she first blew onto the scene... Ain't gaga her up and coming step-in?

:)

gogo

another danger is all the genetic changing that soy and corn has undergone, to produce more, make them more tolerant towards pests and diseases, and make them bigger... the modifying is the dangerous thing for humans,

Food Inc explains it well, and they always have links to new stories and updates about what countries are doing to minimize GMO foods and help organic farmers that care about the produce and the earth. here is a link for the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/Foodinc?fref=ts

and try to watch the food inc documentary as well!

Delta!