Sacred 2 vs Path of Exile: Similarities, Differences, and Why You Should Play

Finally...

j53qio7s.jpg

itemlvl 29

now I can start my trapper :evil::explode::explode::explode:

Nice! Your gonna have to roll some currency on those sockets I think :P How much did you pay for it? If you didn't find it that is :)

I got it for free from Hanfhaus. (german Sacredplayer) :drool:

Yeah, have to 4link it....

@wolfie2kX

Thx mate,

but I always use "More Reply Options" and don't have the option "Attach This File" .

Or just Imgur to host images, no fuss, drag and drop, ad free

You should be using firetraps, bear traps and poison arrow to level anyway regardless of the build. Since these skills depend entirely on the gem level for raw damage rather than build stats. And you will clear maps fast with these 3!

I always have 2 firetraps (to get around the recharge time), 1 bear trap and a poison arrow and bow (with +2 to bow gems) for all my new characters. I just create a Shadow to get these gems to put in the stash

Pure DOT carnage!

Edited by CoolColJ

You should be using firetraps, bear traps and poison arrow to level anyway regardless of the build. Since these skills depend entirely on the gem level for raw damage rather than build stats. And you will clear maps fast with these 3!

I always have 2 firetraps (to get around the recharge time), 1 bear trap and a poison arrow and bow (with +2 to bow gems) for all my new characters. I just create a Shadow to get these gems to put in the stash

Pure DOT carnage!

Thx, good idea :) Found a quill rain yesterday-> perfect for starting a new toon :)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quill_Rain

If you watch some expert Racers, they use the combo I described above, since you can drop traps and poison arrow clouds and keep moving while the monsters die :)

The combo will kill bosses as well, I usually go up to level 30 or so and then switch to my build. I keep the gems I need in my alternate weapon slot to level them as I go, so when I switch builds they are ready.

I usually farm the monkey area before you hit the forest encampment a bit around to the 20+ level markr. Tons of mobs and Area of Effect DOT of firetrap and poison arrow cloud = fast leveling. I just stand in my firetraps and poison clouds while they surround me :)

And it's a short level, that you end up at the encampment and then you can jump on the teleport , control click on the level and start a new instance to respawn - repeat as needed

Edited by CoolColJ

Do you guys prefer Fire or Bear Traps for bosses? I can never decide which one feels better, especially because Fire Traps you can kite them in, but the bear ones can immobilize while you fire from range.

Do you guys prefer Fire or Bear Traps for bosses? I can never decide which one feels better, especially because Fire Traps you can kite them in, but the bear ones can immobilize while you fire from range.

Bear traps do more raw damage, and you add support gems like "added Fire damage" to boost it.

I always use a combo of both against bosses - Bear Trap to lock them down and then fire trap to roast them

• Like! 1

Must admit I've not tried that combo, I end up just using FP, rounding troops up then dropping them all. The forest a nice little instance, but must admit I tend to run ledge more simply because it seems to yield more currency at the same time as decent leveling.

Will certainly look into the FT/PA method though.

Patch 0.11.3

Searing Bond: Increased its damage and made it more likely to hit monsters standing quite close to the totem.

I'll try to combine it with fire traps and totems -> :explode:

anyone try using remote mine gem activated totems and traps?

The remote adds more damage, so you can negate the totem damage nerf of gems

Only thing is that the remote mine gets dropped at your feet and has to be activated manually

If you link a trap to a remote mine and also to a totem - then lay remote mine, activate it, which sets the trap, trap triggers/explodes from enemy contact, which then triggers the totem :)

Remote Mine, the support gem. It lets you lay a mine that detonates using a spell or ranged weapon attack gem you link it too, and comes with a "X% more damage" modifier with a value range of 30%-59% (gem quality provides +0.5% More Mine Damage per 1% quality). You can lay up to 5 mines at a time, and can be done so extremely quickly because of a somewhat recent speed buff. When you detonate, all laid mines will initiate their skills at the same time

Edited by CoolColJ

anyone try using remote mine gem activated totems and traps?

I use my Zombies with remote mine...works great

omg good it happened in anarchy...

TIL - You can even die on Vaults of Atziri Map

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1jfc7w/til_you_can_even_die_on_vaults_of_atziri_map/

Well what are the odds, that an Exile will spawn there and rape 3 of your teammates, because their brilliant idea was to go "nude" so they can get back with more loot.

Guess Tor Olgosso had a different opion. Im just sad that I didnt record it :/

Vaults of Atziri is a unique Vaal Pyramid Map.

This map consists entirely of rooms filled with chests. There are no monsters.

Edited by Chrona

omg good it happened in anarchy...

TIL - You can even die on Vaults of Atziri Map

LOL, that's hilarious! I didn't even think exiles could spawn in there. GGG is trolling us again :4rofl:

The good old days of remote mines+ totems - pity I missed that fun :(

Turret defense style!

Is this your video? That's so cool! (Awesome Fate Stay reference as well :D )

The good old days of remote mines+ totems - pity I missed that fun :(

Turret defense style!

Is this your video? That's so cool! (Awesome Fate Stay reference as well :D )

Sorry not my video - I joined too late to experience that many totems! :/

My trap-build- what do you think?

will use 2x Fire Trap, Cold Snap to trigger EE, Bear Trap for Bosses, three curses (have a Doedre's Damning) Temp Chains, Elemental Weakness, Flammability

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsSaRRNFLAVUBZvFxwZLhmFGjgabB0UHwIkiySqJ-0pLjbFNtg26TlSOjA62DwFPQ89Xz38Q2NG10jnTLNN2E5tTrpQUFJTVcZYB1hjWPVdxl8_YG1mnmebcU1xeXy4fLt99YFvgziLjIx2jM-PRpBVl5WX9Jitms-boZ2uncSePJ_fogCnCKeErJi1BLcxud28N8AaxPbG2M9l0NDUj9gk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuTr7DjsVe0g7w7vfPAf8WzyL_Nx9kj31w==

another idea is Fire Trap, IceNovaTotem and Searing Bond, maybe I'll test both

Test it out, I'm no expert on POE, so I can't really offer build advice :)

I use that POE build tool someone made, better than the official POE one, but I don't think it's updated to the new changes yet

Anyway it allows you to compare builds directly which is very helpful if your trying to get the most effeicient build. It can load all your gear as well and factor in the bonuses and what not

My trap-build- what do you think?

will use 2x Fire Trap, Cold Snap to trigger EE, Bear Trap for Bosses, three curses (have a Doedre's Damning) Temp Chains, Elemental Weakness, Flammability

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEBwSzBVsSaRRNFLAVUBZvFxwZLhmFGjgabB0UHwIkiySqJ-0pLjbFNtg26TlSOjA62DwFPQ89Xz38Q2NG10jnTLNN2E5tTrpQUFJTVcZYB1hjWPVdxl8_YG1mnmebcU1xeXy4fLt99YFvgziLjIx2jM-PRpBVl5WX9Jitms-boZ2uncSePJ_fogCnCKeErJi1BLcxud28N8AaxPbG2M9l0NDUj9gk2t3d8-Fz42rkIuTr7DjsVe0g7w7vfPAf8WzyL_Nx9kj31w==

another idea is Fire Trap, IceNovaTotem and Searing Bond, maybe I'll test both

Builds looking good Chrona! Only comment I would make for efficiency is grab the two reduced critical damage nodes instead of the one strength node down by marauder start. Other than that, it looks very structurally solid :)

• Like! 1

Skull Hood Microtransaction

Posted by 1.pngChris

on 2. August 2013 04:42

The skill we teased yesterday is Reave. It's a Dexterity/Intelligence skill available to Shadows from low levels. It works with Claws, Daggers and One Hand Swords (including Dual Wielding). Using the skill causes you to attack a small area in front of you. Each attack that hits an enemy increases the area of effect. The area is reset if you don't hit anything for a short time. If you use a skill other than Reave, the area is also reset. You can move around between Reaves as long as you hit an enemy frequently. It's designed to synergise with players building around attack speed, area of effect bonuses and on-hit effects. It'll be included in 0.11.4, which is due for deployment in less than two weeks.

Anyone in act 3cruel? :viking:

I wish they would get rid of the red shirt from the Duelist. And allow clothing customisation...

My highest level character is in act 3 merciless :)

But I haven't been playing POE in a while. I've been trying out every free "diablo" like MMO out there :P

I wish they would get rid of the red shirt from the Duelist. And allow clothing customisation...

They've got microtransactions for that :4rofl:

Edited by Ryanrocker