Sacred 2 vs Path of Exile: Similarities, Differences, and Why You Should Play

YEAH!

one of the RMT-users dead! :viking:

This weekend was huge for GGG on the ban department. They caught alot of streamer who were botting/using RMT, which I think is great :D

Edit: I also extremely dislike Panko. He purposely kills his HC characters to get views, and then buys all the gear back with real money. People like him really kill the HC community and shouldn't be playing the game if that's what they are in it for.

Edited by Ryanrocker
  • Like! 1

Some 0.11.4 Changes

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/497852

Good job GGG :agreed:

Fixed an abuse case where auras would maintain bonuses from equipment if you changed out of that equipment in town. Upon changing area, auras will set themselves to the current level from your equipment. Other similar abuse cases will be fixed in the future.

Edited by Chrona

weird I never noticed any of that :)

I wish you could zoom out a bit more - it feels so myopic right now!

You have Queen Carrions flame balling you off screen FFS

---

edit -

gonna try a evasion, block, life and mana leech build next. With maybe claw weapons?

A bit like my current Torchlight 2 Engineer and Sacred 2 Shadow Warrior :)

Maybe a Ranger with the new Reave skill gem + Frenzy and Flicker Strike. And Discharge to round it off.

My dual Totem+Summons witch is a tad swishy. As long as Totems and minions hold I'm fine. but if I die even once in a boss fight and re teleport back in, I'm screwed! The rocks Merciless Vaal throw can one shot me.... that was bitch because I didn't even have time to put up a Teleport! After that the thought of having to fight back through the long level made me stop there.... sigh

I want to feel like a Bad ass! But alas the devs don't want you to feel like that..... :starwars:

Edited by CoolColJ
Deal of the Day
17% Off

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/account-features#microtransaction-PremiumStashTabBundle,150

Adds six extra premium tabs to your shared stash (at a discounted price). Premium tabs can have their name and colour changed whenever you want.

165 Points

LargeImagestashtabpremiumimage.jpg

having 64 tabs now...lol

Edited by Chrona
  • Like! 1

freak.....

Well my claw ranger build failed - I'm out of Path of Exile for a while, getting bored now.

The mechanics of this game are still somewhat broken.

Edited by CoolColJ

I got my duelist up to level 18 before he died in the above Descent event - not bad

---

LOL I bought another 6 stash tabs from the above sale, but now have some left over credits - guess I should get that weapon glow effect with it.... :starwars:

Now I can finally organise all the weapon and armour types...

Got around to making a Marauder build and this by is the most tankiest and "ignore the enemy" even bosses build so far into Act 2 in Anarchy league. There is a build that was just to have the most strength/hitpoints theory wise, so I'm loosely following while grabbing some hitpoint regen and elemental resist nodes, plus later some shield/spell block.

I found a rare amulet that allows you to use 50% of your shield block on spells! Very powerful, especially when I combine it with some spell block nodes later on.

He very much reminds me of my Engie in TL2 and Shadow Warrior in SC2

I called him Path_of_Hitpoints ;)

at level 26 he has 900+ HP, I hope to get him over 10k end game. He is regening 22 hp/sec with the current 2% HP regen nodes. When I get over 10k and with more % HP regen, it's gonna be rediclous

He can migitate 50% of damage from armour so far, only dodge 22%, but can block 35% physical, 15% spells

I also use Molten shell which boosts armour even higher, plus adds more DPS when it explodes, but even with only 190hp molten shell buffer, before it erupts, the mobs don't seem to trigger it much right now - shows how well he blocks/dodges!

Also Tempest shield which boosts block %, and adds more lightning damage/reflect when I block

He gains 22 HP per attack hit from gem as well - currently using a claw with lightning strike, along with double strike, only because it has the highest DPS. Plus Shield Bash.

I normally use Heavy strike, Cleave, Infernal Blow, Leap Slam with a sword/mace/axe.

LOL my HP doesn't even move when spiders put Chaos DOT on me, or just standing there with archers shooting. In fact I reflect back to them that they eventually kill themselves :ninja2:

Also have an alt weapon - Bow with poison arrow/lightning arrow.

Might grab some lightning nodes for more shock, since Tempest shield and weapons use it

If I can somehow add Arctic Armour ontop of this he will be a virtual "god" - but where can I find the mana....

Right now with mobs, I just stand there, turn on Molten shield and either spam some Ice nova/Lightning strike/Infernal Blow while Tempest Shield reflects and Molten Shield eventually blows kills everything surrounding me!

Edited by CoolColJ

I solo face tanked Piety at Lunaris normal with my new Marauder on Anarchy! :ninja2:

Was able to stun her a bit as well.

Only enemies I have problem with is the laser firing ones - ouch....

I did Vaal with a group so don't know how well I could have tanked him :)

I'll try and farm him today and see...

Onto cruel level now!

HP at 1170 or so

Some of the Exiles I have faced have been tough to hit, but my Molten Shell does the trick :P

I think this build could be pretty nasty in PvP

I tried a two handed weapon in my alt slot and while the DPS is 2x, man the change in tankiness is way lower without a shield! But you do get more fun skills like Sweep, which can regen a lot of heath with my HP on hit gem, when standing in the middle of a mob

Edited by CoolColJ

Ridiculous!

Don't know how they get their attack speed so high - but they don't have much HP :P

Proc'ing effects and crits would be so easy.....

Playing in standard anything is achievable :) I had my lightning arrow Shadow with close (not to this level) attack speed based on crits. The screen was so intense! It's just picking up a large majority of attack speed passives around the duelist to shadow areas. There are some really nice ones, that's why I'm uber excited about the new Reave skill scaling with attack speed. Should act just like these :D

Well I'm a slug compared to these guys, but I'm relentless and "unkillable" :P

I just face tanked Cruel Brutus :D

In Ledge runs with a group of 6, I kill very slow though....

But I just crafted a 400+DPS with heavy strike 2 handed axe.

My Molten Shell and reflect off Tempest Shield is getting good though - if I'm surrounded by archers, they end up killing themselves :)

45% block, and 28 for spells so far. Every block reflects 70-104 lightning damage

Once I get the shock node, good times! I have Iron Will hooked up to this, but later will have Life Leech.

I think my build will eventually be very strong in the higher levels....

I took a white shield and made it 20% quality and then turrned it into a rare and damn it gives me 655 armour, up from it's original 299! Much better than anything I have found so far or hand me downs from my other higher level character

And it gives me 25% all elemental resist

Edited by CoolColJ
  • Like! 1

I took a white shield and made it 20% quality and then turrned it into a rare and damn it gives me 655 armour, up from it's original 299! Much better than anything I have found so far or hand me downs from my other higher level character

And it gives me 25% all elemental resist

That shield sounds epic :o

Man I just discovered a cool combo of gems.

On my chest armour piece I have a 4 link -

originally I had Heavy Strike + Sweep + Life Gain on hit (currently +24hp) + Life leech 5.5% of damage

I then picked up Blood Magic gem , use life instead of mana for linked gem

Now it's Heavy Strike + Sweep + Blood magic + Life Gain on hit (currently +24hp) + Life leech 5.5% of damage

Heavy Strike has 42 mana cost due to the linked gems, which is now HP due to Blood magic... -24hp on each hit and 5.5% of 276 DPS ( around 15hp).. so it pretty much cancels out - free attack! :)

If I used a skill that have multiple hits or splash, it wouldn't even matter... but I use this combo on bosses, so I never have to worry about mana.

So I can alternate between this and say Infernal Blow+Melee Splash or Lightning Strike+Stun gem, until I run out of mana and switch.

My 40HP/sec life regen ensures I won't die either, as I block/reflect half of the attacks that I can't dodge.

Plus when Blood magic levels up, it will use less mana/HP.

I just face tanked Cruel level Merveil - piece of cake with the above combos :guns:

Edited by CoolColJ

Reave is interesting - I got my Shadow up to level 16 in a couple of hours using it with 2 rapiers, attack speed of 0.4sec....

DPS is insane

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear! Skill looks awesome :D

It does the same damage as your basic auto attack, but with Area of Effect that expands with each hit, the amount of which scales per gem level. Actually at higher gem levels the damage is higher than the basic attack

It's a bit like a physical attack ice nova

I tried the gem briefly on my slow ass super tank Marauder, and it works out ok, but you really need the speed to make it work better

That and Dual Strike are all you need for a Shadow. And Whirling Blades for mobility

Don't really need fire traps for leveling anymore, with Reave

Hmm Tempest Shield Shadow build....

Edited by CoolColJ

Hmm Tempest Shield Shadow build....

I can vouch for the Tempest Shield shadow build, I made a lightning strike version using TS. Crazy fun, but just make sure to grab enough HP, as that's what ultimately killed me in Cruel :(

Man the Shadow with 2 swords/rapiers is a pure killing machine so far into Act 2 - Double Strike already does over 400dps at level 19 :o

I'm one shotting Rock Golems in the Old Fields etc. Or maybe I just have 2 good super fast swords - one has 1.72 attacks/sec, the other 1.64

And sucking in huge mobs and flattening them with Reave.

I'm aiming for a dual wield block build for this one - grabbing as many block nodes as I can

My Level 50 Super Tank Marauder only does 400dps with heavy Strike.... but he does have 1600+hp and close to 50% block rate and a lot of Hp regen :P

I suppose the speed is slow, but the initial burst damage is quite high though.

He just got past Cruel Vaal, now into Cruel Act 3

I'm liking the look of Explosive Arrow, might try that out next

Edited by CoolColJ