Sacred 2 vs Path of Exile: Similarities, Differences, and Why You Should Play

Maybe you should try 1h/Shield for reave.(hc/ons)

Benefit from equipping a good shield will be much better.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504451

Posted by Mark_GGG

on 21. August 2013 03:02

Grinding Gear Games

wrote:
Why does reave not work properly with Dual wield?

It does. It alternates weapons, and gains a multiplicative 10% more attack speed, as well as having 15% block chance.

That's what working with dual wielding is. That is how dual wield works.

I've been theory crafting - need Eldrich Battery node - convert all energy shield into mana, so I can use Arctic Armour full time which more or less does a lot of what normal armour does, plus stops fire damage. So sacrificing some armour with armour/energy shield gear vs pure armour gear won't be an issue.
Use fire/physical attack/spells so reflect doesn't hurt you with arctic armour on in late game

Since my tank Marauder does not have any weapon/magic skills nodes yet I could use him for such :)
Or I might start a new Shadow spell character - tempest shield, high block, Arctic Armour, Eldrich battery build and super fast fireball spam, plus high HP

This path is the highest HP you can get as a Shadow, I'll use it as a framework, move some nodes to get my skills
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYB_5MhwLMObWy1SG17VUsmlVM1NnvLQXK7D6vndN726NabJjIBshnPemHiYet6U6OKBfkV8DpYBH6NffljGtvuDk7INZIj9u_wWkhW-vzFZ6CHdkp93Q06szWGnaq5zSzpFSCD2_xLznFsFipNPyduqq6Tplc64YjxtfKpbk3jrFn-j2z2eri3Psau_gryRedjPC1M_69sxYrwH6IABLMCcRRNfLs62Ow4GjinhJBVwBpmnvrSNukkqhmF42odFI9Gpwi4k836fINirKFt1p3Q0M9lVcYWb4w2UEItRxzc45_UGbyff8YnqVptJDynXElR

stats from the POE Skill Tree Planner - http://code.google.com/p/path-of-exile-skilltree-planer/downloads/detail?name=POESKillTree1.41.zip

more useful tools here http://poetools.com/

+364 to Strength
+262 to Dexterity
+142 to Intelligence

Evasion Rating: 290

+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
5% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
5% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
18% increased Attack Speed

418% increased maximum Life

92.4% increased Evasion Rating
4% increased Physical Damage
1% of Life Regenerated per Second
30% increased Critical Strike Chance
+28.4% Energy Shield
+72.8% increased Melee Physical Damage
+524 Accuracy Rating

Then take the Iron Reflexes node that converts all evasion to armour

With high block and Tempest Shield we won't be evading too much, plus all the shields that have damage reflect, have evasion only stats.... and evasion only gear have much higher values than pure armour ones

High strength means Ironwill gem - use strength bonus for more spell damage - will help a lot for more DPS

Edited by CoolColJ

I tried new setup for my summoner:

Zombie+LifeLeech+Multistrike+Miniondmg (helmet 2) -> they can't die...lol :viking:

Skeletons+SpellTotem+Multistrike+add chaos dmg (12 skeletons 3hit with chaos)

new spectres:

Burning Miscreation -> Increase Area of Effect + Minon Ele Resist + Minion Life + Increased Burning Damage

I use level 1 Arc with % +Ele.Pro with % + added lightning damage with % + Passive Static Blow+Chace to shock

EE help my Minions to kill

got some great ideas from these threads:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/292391

Edited by Chrona

I think Incinerate and Fireball Linked to Lesser Mulitple Projectiles is the way to go for the build I am thinking of.

I experimented with it on a Witch I had made in the Anarchy league that had 7 points saved up from a while back, and it turns Fireball into a shotgun! Problem is the Witch is squishy. But if I use my Tank Marauder, then things change for the better.

I saw some build that had Tempest Shield linked with Blind - Everytime you block, Blind gets activated, so you get a 77% chance to dodge, rinse and repeat :)

Seriously tanky......

The most important gem to note is that Blind support linked with Tempest Shield. The high block chance attainable with this spec allows almost 100% uptime of blind on nearly all mobs. By not taking Unwavering Stance this allows you a psuedo 77% chance dodge. Paired with a maxed Arctic armor and nearly 20k armor this character is amazingly immune to some of the most dangerous monsters in the game.

edit - I've been experimenting with Frost Wall - when you spam it it can do some cool things :)

Edited by CoolColJ
  • Like! 1

I just remebered I found some Facebreaker gloves in the Standard league - which multiplies unarmed physical damage by 997%...

so any physical damage modifiers you add on, it gets x9.97 times... ie any iron rings increases DPS by huge amaounts, as with quivers etc.

LOL I tried it on my level 26 Shadow I created a while back, and I'm going around one shotting everyone with just the basic auto attack.

Only skill gems that work with it are Frenzy, Infernal Blow and Dominating Blow.

I linked both gems to a melee splash gem, and now I'm running around mass one shotting mobs and turning them into my minions with hardly any gear, effort or mana use! :)

Now to try out other support gem combos -once I get to level 31, when I can use the Melee Damage gem, I think the damage is going to skyrocket!

7XvJXFx.png

Sure saves looking for better weapons and gear.... this might become my default leveling item from level 16 and up... :P

Plus 2 firetraps, bear trap and molten shell

Edited by CoolColJ

Facebreaker with Infernal Blow-> make your way to level 60 :) but take care with reflec

My third summoner arrived yesterday in merc-onslaught->different build, other spectres...lots of fun

I don't want to waste all my currency in mapping->time to start another toon :)

my trapper-> after 4linking my searing touch I got a 2nd from Hanfi-> ilvl41 (possible 5 slots)

yesterday I bought 2 uniques for the trip->

Hrimnor's Hymn(level 17-27) 1alch

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hrimnor%27s_Hymn

Geofri's Baptism(level 27-60) 1chaos

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Geofri%27s_Baptism

will rush solo to level 60 (groundSlam all the way) and respec to my trapper-> using 2x FireTrap 11+16% ,1BearTrap 12% ,DetonateDead,UniqueRing fur 2nd curse

100pt build:

http://tinyurl.com/lkaegk3

Yeah the currency sink system of end game maps kinda sucks :(

Especially since everything in this game is so Random Number biased already

Would be better if you could just buy maps from the vendor, along a vendor to craft gear, if you wanted a specific number of sockets and socket colours. There is just too much left to chance - AKA gamblling simulator!

Can be really frustrating when you want a better set of armour, but getting enough sockets and links to support your 4-6 linked gem layout you currently have is such PITA. For this reason my summoner is still using really low level gear....

Not really a fan of the stats system either - the fact you can go up in levels and not have any of your attribute change, which means you can really gimp yourself, and so you do have to chase hitpoints on the tree and so the builds are quite limited IMO

They painted themselves into a corner with the tree system, with the fact that everyone is the same, so melee has no advantage over spell/ranged. Ranged can be just as tanky as melee in other words, but without the same dangers....

In most other games melee tends to be a lot more tanky by default, and can gain strength/HP a lot quicker etc

---

In other news my Tank Marauder is into merciless ACT 1 Anarchy league, Peity was not hard, and those laser shooting things tend to kill themselves on my high block Tempest shield :)

What hurts - those chaos damage alchemist bombers and bear trap throwing champions - seems you can't really block or evade traps!

And the Exiles that use slow/cold damage and chaos damage - died quite a few times to those ones... I need a ranged attack, although flicker strike might help. Started using a rejuvenation totem after that, which helps against the chaos damage.

If they introduce Exiles into other leagues, like they are planning too, you can say goodbye to glass cannon builds :P

Can't really farm peacefully or even test stuff out, with the chance an Exile might spawn....feels like a PvP battle

--

Been experimenting with my high level summoner/dual totem witch - dual shock novas with elemental proliferation is better than you think!

Gonna try some frost wall and lighting warp totems next :)

Maybe one frost wall for tanking/defence, and another skill for nuking - shock nova would work well with it

Will probably respect out of 1-2 extra minion nodes to grab more minion damage ones - there is still the 3x15% minion damage ones to take, 45% extra damage will help a lot

Edited by CoolColJ
  • 2 weeks later...

WORLD FIRST NAKED PIETY !

Willywonka and his party started last week naked HC, weapons only :excl:

http://www.twitch.tv/willywonka_hc/c/2900806

Weekend Races with Roccat Hardware Prizes

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519351

This weekend, we're running four special one-hour race events. The gaming hardware company Roccat has kindly donated some hardware for us to award as physical prizes to winners and entrants.

These events are outside of our regular Season Four schedule - rather than awarding season reward points, they award physical Roccat hardware prizes.

We're running four one-hour events at different times, so that players can hopefully play in at least one regardless of their timezone. The results of all of the events are combined and the highest character from each account is considered.

The events are at: (click through for times in your timezone)

From the combined results, the top five players by experience receive a full set of Roccat gaming gear:

If there is an experience tie between players, it will be broken randomly.

Any player who reaches at least level 15 in any of the four events is put into a random draw to receive one of five:

Any player who reaches at least level 8 in any of the four events is put into a random draw to receive one of ten:

This means that players who play in multiple events do receive a small advantage (the ability to try to get a better result the second time), but it's certainly possible to win a large or small prize by just entering one event if you're skilled or lucky.

These races are hardcore (deaths are permanent) but dead characters are still eligible for prizes. For example, if you reach level 9 and die, you can't level up any further on that character, but you still enter the draw for a prize.

Players can only win one prize each. Prizes are awarded from the top of the prize list downwards, so once you've won a prize you're excluded from other ones.

Players should not enter with multiple accounts to have more chances to win. We will disqualify any entrants who do this.

Grinding Gear Games employees may enter the events but are not eligible for prizes. Our decisions regarding prize awarding are final.

Roccat will ship the prizes out to you at their expense. We'd like to thank them for their extremely generous contribution of the prizes. I haven't added up how much it all costs, but it's clearly many thousands of dollars plus shipping and they're giving it directly to our community.

Edited by Chrona

Video of some new 0.11.6 Trap Gems

more stuff for my trapper :bomb::bomb::bomb:

We whipped up a

of Lightning Trap and the new Multiple Traps support gem that are coming in patch 0.11.6 next week. Two of the Unique items in 0.11.6 relate to traps. One of them allows you to do something with traps that previously only monsters could do.

We've also got further trap changes coming to the passive skill tree, but they're scheduled for the 1.0.0 passive skill tree update.

0.11.6 Smoke Mine video

of Smoke Mine from the 0.11.6 patch. It lets you instantly teleport to where you placed the mine, blinding monsters with clouds of smoke at both locations. If you enjoy micromanaging actions in combat, there are some clever tricks you can do with multiple Smoke Mines.

Hi guys, I still consider myself a complete noob at this fantastic game lol, and don't get nearly as much time as I'd like to play it what with the family et al. But I've been playing a Shadow Ice Crit build and dying lots lol! I'll play my current one to his demise but in the mean time I was toying around looking to see what his next incarnation will be and was considering this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAv4EfgX5Dq0V5xXwFr8Y2xrbI_Yk_SaVKaUyATWGOlg6s0LDQ5xJO0p9VUtW-lpIW69d8mHiZ6BwUnDVcn5zs4cZh3aH24w2lwabJp2qoSKiQKOKshm5zbvjwFHEos961QDVT90N3nfe9t-E44TnVOd06NbuDu_w8Gvw2fPq9Pj5Y_zF_ro=

Because I'm self found only and pretty poor I'm aiming this as a FP life build, but I did wonder whether this would work out well or if it's just got too much dex to make it any good later on. Likely I'll die before but after this point I'd head up and around to the witch ice based nodes.

Comments more than welcome :)

Interesting, I wonder about mixing in ES nodes though to a life build, initially I thought it wouldn't be worth it. Will defiantly try that route of yours though from witch it certainly gives you more INT to play with. I guess I was going for soemthing a little less traditional with my approach and things like Ballistic Mastery in the Ranger tree looked like they could be very powerful for FP.

0.11.6 Patch Notes

Posted by 1.pngChris
on 24. September 2013 03:19

Version 0.11.6

Content:
  • Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity skill - Lightning Trap: Throws a trap that launches a ring of projectiles through the enemy that set it off, dealing lightning damage to them and subsequent targets.
  • Lightning Trap is available to the Shadow, Ranger and Witch from A Caged Brute, and to the Templar from Delving Into Sin in Normal Difficulty.
  • Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence skill - Smoke Mine: Places a mine that will teleport you to it when detonated. It covers both your escape and arrival with a cloud of smoke that blinds enemies, and gives you a temporary buff to movement speed.
  • Smoke Mine is available to the Shadow, Ranger and Duelist from Lost in Love on Normal Difficulty.
  • Added a new strength support gem - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.
  • Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is available to the Templar, Marauder and Duelist from Sever the Right Hand.
  • Added a new Dexterity/Intelligence support gem - Multiple Traps.
  • Multiple Traps is available to the Shadow, Ranger, Duelist and Witch from Mercy Mission on Cruel Difficulty.
  • Added four new Unique items, two of which were designed by supporters.
  • Added two new microtransaction aura effects: Arctic Skull Hatred and Lightning Skull Wrath.
  • The Fetid Pool now has a new layout that should make it easier to find every monster.
  • Bone Crunchers and Hairy Bonecrunchers now have Cleave available as a skill.
  • Clarissa has a new voice.
  • The Duelist has a few new attack animations.
  • The boss in the Upper Submerged Passage now spawns with a boss pack.
  • Dockworker Ghosts in the docks now spawn with a wider variety of weapon types.
  • Added a new run animations to the City Stalkers.
  • The naming of "urban" Map areas has been improved.
  • Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Balance:
  • The damage wave of Ground Slam is no longer connected to attack speed, so no matter how fast you attack, the damage wave will still move at the same speed. This does not prevent you from repeat attacking.
  • All trap and mine durations have been standardised to 30 seconds.
  • Freeze Mine now gives enemies it freezes a 15% penalty to Cold Resistance.
  • The imaginary freeze damage used to calculate the freeze duration for Freeze Mine has been increased at higher levels. It is 15% more effective by level 15.
  • Ground Slam: increased from 70% to 80% weapon damage. Its reduced stun threshold has been reduced from 35% to 25%.
  • Heavy Strike: reduced stun threshold reduction from 30% to 25%.
  • Stun support gem: stun threshold reduction increased by 10% at every level.
  • Reave is now not replaced with a Default attack when you are out of mana. This is to prevent losing Area of Effect stacks when using the skill.
  • Trap and Mine stats seen on passives have been split into separate stats. There is a different stat used for Mines than for Traps. Passives that had the combined stats will get both of the new equivalent ones.
  • Mines will now die if all players travel a significant distance away from the mine. This is to prevent issues caused when the mine goes to sleep.
  • The minimum value on the highest tier of the various hybrid defences mods has been changed from 100% to 101%. It no longer overlaps with the maximum of the second highest hybrid defence modifiers. This will only affect new rolls of the modifier, either on new equipment or rerolled with Divine Orbs.
  • Arcanist Slippers and Conjurer Boots have had their base values changed so they no longer have the same requirements and defences.
  • Flamebearers now fire in bursts, with a cooldown between each spray.
  • Spiders will not move away or strafe as frequently, unless they are using Flicker Strike.
  • The Empower support gem now has its quality bonus apply at all levels, to handle the case where you put a level 2 gem in an item that has +1 to gem levels.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed inconsistencies between actual minion life and displayed minion life. Note this does not change the life minions have, it is just now displayed accurately.
  • Fixed a bug in the user interface that will improve client performance.
  • Added Cold Damage now affects Freeze Mine’s freeze effect.
  • Rejuvenation Totem now works when created with a Trap.
  • Fixed a bug where the aura from Death’s Oath would activate when a player was revived in a PvP match even if the item was disabled.
  • Curse cast speed no longer affects Freeze Mine cast time.
  • Empower now correctly shows a support symbol on supported skills.
  • Fixed an issue where Arctic Weapon did not appear in the Item Effects section of the store.
  • The Ship Graveyard area has been changed to remove sections that could be traveled to only with movement skills.
  • Fixed a bug where applying microtransaction effects to items cause disable the effect of Tempest Shield.
  • You can no longer use an Imprint on an equipped item.
  • Fixed a display error with Flask Charges Used in the Character panel.
  • Users are now notified in chat when their Twitch stream disconnects and are informed about why it was disconnected.

time to play my trapper :)

Edited by Chrona

So these traps work with chain and fork support gems?

Lightning Traps+Multiple traps+Chain works great

Smoke Mine is cool, feels like an ninja :bomb::ninja2:

new trapper is level 27 act 3 norm http://tinyurl.com/qzamazg

Skills:

FireTrap, Detonate Dead,Cold Snap,Smoke Mine,Flameabilty

Later-> +Lightning Traps,Frost Wall,Elemental Weakness,TempChains

Auras: Clarity,Purity,Dicipline,Grace

Gear: ES/EV

Weapon:Wand +2FireGems FireTrap11%+ElePro+FirePene/increased burning damage

Final Build CI (104pts)->http://tinyurl.com/qh76npg

nice Vid: http://www.twitch.tv/faiiname/c/2988158

Edited by Chrona