It happened several times now. We bought high price tickets for the original band- mainly for the life show. But at the concerts all the people in the rows before us have their hands in the sky holding cellular phones and cameras, sometimes just few centimetres in front of our faces....

The opposite at a cover band:

It seems there is less to no reason to do a film and put it at youtube. We could watch the life performance and that at a way lower price (sometimes free). So we could bring the kids with and show them which kind of music we listened when their parents were young.

This is generally true. You're not getting the original, just (hopefully) an incredible simulation... You can say, yeah, I went to see this cover band called "White Eagle" and the average guy probably wouldn't have a clue as to who that was - but if you said Rammstein - well, that's a different story all together.

Even here in the US, we've heard of Rammstein...

My favorite track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw

It's a GREAT headbangin' track...

Edited by wolfie2kX

They covered Rammstein too. But if I read or hear Rammstein- I have always the terrifying accident at he airshow at Ramstein in my mind. Was at airforce firefighters then and we visited a day after for cleanup and learning from mistakes.

Er.. White Eagle is the band in the video you posted.. :D

I can understand how that could happen. I read a couple of conflicting posts on the band - one says they named themselves after the base where the air disaster occurred, the other said they didn't and added the 2nd M as something to differentiate themselves from the incident.

I suppose I should answer the question you posed...

I've only seen one cover band - and they really weren't much of a stage act. They were still students at a music school. BUT... They were good. They nailed every track from the band Rush they covered.

Truth be told, I have NO idea whatever happened to them. Such is life.

Tomy knowledge Rammstein named themself Rammstein Flugschau when the band was founded.The second M a writing mistake. Flugschau is german for air-show. One of the bands covering Rammstein is named Flugschau

Wikipedia has this to say here:

Although widely believed that the band was named after the Ramstein air-show disaster, the band has denied this and said that their name is inspired by the giant doorstop type devices found on old gates, called Rammsteine .[6][7] The extra "m" in the band's name makes it translate literally as "ramming stone".

Meanwhile the link in the quote for the air disaster on Wikipedia says otherwise:

The German band Rammstein has stated that they take their name after the disaster, and their self-titled song is a reference to the event.[8]

Such is the consistency of Wikipedia... DOH! I would imagine you'd know better since you were there (and still are...) Not that it's all that super important in the grand scheme of things - but I would tend to agree with your version (and the on posted on the airshow disaster entry)...

My reasoning on this - they're that sort of band. Sort of like GWAR, The Serial Killers and Marilyn Manson - they seem to thrive on controversial material. I believe the term is "shock rock"...

Edited by wolfie2kX

German rammstein wiki says that the name was done temporary and they stll searched for a better. But the name stuck to them like chewing cum on a shoe or a bad nickname.

Very like to The Who who did song contests with different names and the time they won they had a stupid name and the organizer asked the who? And they said okay, The Who. They didn't thought that this would become their later name.