decided to give Tera a miss, but then came across RaiderZ :)

A free to play MMO

It looks good and has nice ARPG combat, but also has more depth than Tera, and there are no classes per se. You can create your own by picking skills from the different trees etc

Anyone playing it? I'm checking it out now

Kinda reminds me of Monster Hunter + Sacred 2 in a way

It has an open world without instancing. But dungeons are somewhat instanced

boss fight

First looks - alpha/beta

Edited by CoolColJ
  • Like! 1

I played during the beta, and thought the game was pretty fun. I did like being able to craft a wide variety of items, and the skill system is cool. Only negatives that bugged me was the quests being typical MMO quests, but hey whatever :)

• Like! 1

Interesting.
Is there controller support? I don't think I could get used to a mouse+keyboard style for a game like this (especially after 600+ hours of Monster Hunter).

Interesting.

Is there controller support? I don't think I could get used to a mouse+keyboard style for a game like this (especially after 600+ hours of Monster Hunter).

I don't believe that there is ingame support for it, but you can probably download a profile using Pinnacle. The boss fights are especially likened to Monster Hunter, just a lot easier than that series :P

Ugh servers happen to be under maintenance just when I install it :(

edit - read that to avoid the Crawler west server, more people but inflated prices due to bots...

Edited by CoolColJ

edit - read that to avoid the Crawler west server, more people but inflated prices due to bots...

How many servers are there now? During beta they only had 4 :(

decided to give Tera a miss, but then came across RaiderZ :)

A free to play MMO

It looks good and has nice ARPG combat, but also has more depth than Tera, and there are no classes per se. You can create your own by picking skills from the different trees etc

Anyone playing it? I'm checking it out now

Kinda reminds me of Monster Hunter + Sacred 2 in a way

It has an open world without instancing. But dungeons are somewhat instanced

boss fight

First looks - alpha/beta

These free to play games become more and more compelling.

How does this game make money from us, vanity items or pay for greater items?

:)

gogo

How many servers are there now? During beta they only had 4 :(

Still 4 US based servers

still having issues logging in due to not getting it to recognise my username/PW grrrr

edit - this seems to be the issue - sigh

Note that most new accounts will have its registered email for an account name, and you will need to log in using that as the username. Games which cannot take email addresses as logins are: RaiderZ, Rusty Hearts. You will have to create a new account from those games' front pages to receive an email username instead of an email address login.

Edited by CoolColJ

It's certainly not stats heavy

Is there a single MMO that is? :P They all follow the same formula for stats to keep everything streamlined as much as possible. You've got a stat tied to health, one tied to reducing incoming damage, one that increases outgoing damage, one for healing power, and one for crit chance. I'd say most if not all MMO's follow that design as well.

Interesting.

I don't believe that there is ingame support for it, but you can probably download a profile using Pinnacle. The boss fights are especially likened to Monster Hunter, just a lot easier than that series :P

Thanks for the info Ryan.

I'm debating about playing around with MotionInJoy (as it will allow direct mapping of buttons to key/mouse inputs).

I used Great Sword in first Monster Hunter (the Long Sword in the future ones), so the large swords in this game looks compatible.

Is there a single MMO that is? :P They all follow the same formula for stats to keep everything streamlined as much as possible. You've got a stat tied to health, one tied to reducing incoming damage, one that increases outgoing damage, one for healing power, and one for crit chance. I'd say most if not all MMO's follow that design as well.

Well I tried Dungeons and Dragons online yesterday - not much to look at it, animation is decent, but the gameplay and stats, mechanics are pretty detailed

Well I tried Dungeons and Dragons online yesterday - not much to look at it, animation is decent, but the gameplay and stats, mechanics are pretty detailed

...and don't forget good old EQ, that's pretty stat heavy :), something I still pop on to occasionally for a bit of old school fun.

Xpadder is working really well for this game. I'm using a PS2 controller with a USB converter, with a setup similar to the console Sacred 2's control scheme (potions and other functions on the D-Pad, and palette swapping with L2 and R2 to provide a lot of skill buttons).

• Like! 1

...and don't forget good old EQ, that's pretty stat heavy :), something I still pop on to occasionally for a bit of old school fun.

Everquest Next is looking good, next gen MMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgPuEl5Nuk

But why is everyone going "cartoony" these days? Looks like a Walt Disney character art style!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_0neHhR0k

Edited by CoolColJ

But why is everyone going "cartoony" these days? Looks like a Walt Disney character art style!

I think due to WoW being like first "king" of MMOs, their influence has rippled out into the gaming community. Alot of these game developers who grew up playing the game will really enjoy that graphic style and willingly or not it will show up in some form in the game. Also, keep in mind that many artists find it easy to create something fictional/cartoony looking instead of trying to mimic real life :)

I think due to WoW being like first "king" of MMOs, their influence has rippled out into the gaming community. Alot of these game developers who grew up playing the game will really enjoy that graphic style and willingly or not it will show up in some form in the game. Also, keep in mind that many artists find it easy to create something fictional/cartoony looking instead of trying to mimic real life :)

Well, you can still be illustrative, without being cartoony. I'm thinking more like Metal gear Solid etc