Reminds of a big budget Torchlight 2 MMO sandbox game perhaps. with a touch of Sacred 2 :)

The demo character is like a Berserker in TL2

Landscape looks nice

Edited by CoolColJ
  • Like! 1

Very good looking!

I feel sad that I missed torchlight 2... maybe Ill be able to get in on this one

:)

gogo

This one is made by a LARGE majority of the old Blizzard North devs (Diablo 1 & 2, vanilla World of Warcraft), so I am super excited for this game. I've been signed up for a beta invite the last 6 months and haven't heard anything back but I know some people who have gotten in and love it.

The most unique thing about this game is the Path system IMO. Basically when you make a character you choose their race, pick two classes, and decide on a Path. A Path is basically how you would like to play WildStar. As of now there are 4 Paths: Soldier (given extra combat missions), Explorer (given extra world exploration challenges), Settlers (good for house building and given base-defense style missions), and finally Scientist (which take samples of materials out in the field and do experiments). If you didn't get that, I'll leave the video down below :)

• Like! 1

GODS! That idiot was annoying!

It's like: "Ok.. We get it. In your opinion, World of Warcraft sucks. Guild Wars 2 sucks, blah blah blah... MOVE ON ALREADY! Quit repeating the same thing 50 times in row."

Assuming they were showing some of Wildstar - presumably at a later date than the original post's video. I'll admit the indoctrination session clip was amusing. .

• 2 weeks later...

Looking much like a better Sacred 2 the more I see of it :)

WTH! Devs that <gasp> actually LISTEN to player feedback? :o

Looking much like a better Sacred 2 the more I see of it :)

Remember that it is now a subscription based game :)

Yeah... But that doesn't make it any less groundbreaking or cool. Just expensive.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Yeah... But that doesn't make it any less groundbreaking or cool. Just expensive.

I wasn't suggesting that, simply bringing up the business model. I know many folks on our forums here dislike the subscription based model, so I'm just making sure they're informed about a potential game purchase :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After three agonizing months playing WoW, I stumbled on to a free trial for WildStar. I had heard about WildStar, but at the time I was playing GW2 hard and did not pay it any attention.

I really like the combat system, which for me is the most important part of any game. This is the first game that I would gladly pay a subscription for.

After three agonizing months playing WoW, I stumbled on to a free trial for WildStar. I had heard about WildStar, but at the time I was playing GW2 hard and did not pay it any attention.

I really like the combat system, which for me is the most important part of any game. This is the first game that I would gladly pay a subscription for.

Ironically luj, my guild and myself quit Wildstar this month to go back to WoW. After putting up with a lot of the issues the game has for the last 3 months, we finally decided to call it quits. Bad itemization, game breaking bugs, and the whole attunement debate are pretty much what pushed us out the door.

Which is really unfortunate, because I thoroughly enjoyed the combat system and the promise of hard/challenging endgame. But for me tedious does not equal hard. If they fix some of the major issues with endgame I'd be more than happy to resub, but until then I'll go back to WoW to prepare for Warlords of Draenor :)

• Like! 1

How much were you paying a month Ryan?

gogo

$15 a month, which I've slowly come to accept as the 'norm' for the subscription based model. In the past I always thought buy to play (such as GW2) was the way to go, but if the developers can come out with quality content patches every 1-2 months then by all means take my money! I tend to binge play a lot of indie games, so if paying the $15 a month keeps me interested in the subscription game I've effectively saved money by not buying other games :D

• Like! 1

gogo, I would describe it as overly dramatic, macho shtick. The quests are serious enough, but the narration (tutorials, level ups, etc) are definitely comic relief.

Ryan, I read about the issues and wrote them off as the growing pains of a new MMO. Considering how slowly I level, I imagine most will be fixed before I hit max level. I have heard a number of people say they will be going back to WoW when WoD drops. Personally, I would rather do just about anything rather than play WoW (e.g. mop the kitchen floor, clean the toilet). Of course, considering the popularity of WoW, many, many people would disagree with me.

• Like! 1

How much were you paying a month Ryan?

gogo

$15 a month, which I've slowly come to accept as the 'norm' for the subscription based model. In the past I always thought buy to play (such as GW2) was the way to go, but if the developers can come out with quality content patches every 1-2 months then by all means take my money! I tend to binge play a lot of indie games, so if paying the $15 a month keeps me interested in the subscription game I've effectively saved money by not buying other games :D

This seems to have become the norm eh?

I guess multiplying that by 12 is our gaming budget for the year?

Wait... computer too

lol, sometimes forget how much this hobby can cost

:lol:

gogo

gogo, I would describe it as overly dramatic, macho shtick. The quests are serious enough, but the narration (tutorials, level ups, etc) are definitely comic relief.

Ryan, I read about the issues and wrote them off as the growing pains of a new MMO. Considering how slowly I level, I imagine most will be fixed before I hit max level. I have heard a number of people say they will be going back to WoW when WoD drops. Personally, I would rather do just about anything rather than play WoW (e.g. mop the kitchen floor, clean the toilet). Of course, considering the popularity of WoW, many, many people would disagree with me.

If so Lujate, then I really like the tone. Kinda like Firefly but on a video game? That was my emotional impression when I first saw this, and it brought back some great nostalgia to one of my favorite tv series (damn you cancellation!)

I can see a well produced world with tone like this doing well

gogo