Diablo 3 Expansion! Reaper of Souls

Oh, I love the trailer, HURRAH!

Thanks Ryan

:)

gogo

No problem, I made sure to watch the gamescon panel because I figured they had to have some news about the expansion. Really excited for this one and for the direction the game is headed in. It appears they took a lot of player feedback and did something positive. Blizz just seems to like acting really slow :P

They're going to add in loot system from Console?

That sounds AMAZING. I still feel that the gameplay with others is first class, animations, "feel" are amazing...but, as you said it a while ago... felt like we were playing the ah instead of d3

:blink:

gogo

p.s. what do you think about crusader class?

p.s. what do you think about crusader class?

So happy about it! I love playing some form of tank with magical abilities in games, so this fits in perfectly with atleast my preferred lore standpoint. We'll have to see about the combat, but it's nice that they finally gave Strength another class :)

Apologize for the double post here, but just found out more info. New level cap will be 70 and new skills will be brought to all classes. Also, Paragon levels will be account wide, and some form of user stat allocation will be tied to them. This allows the player to distribute attribute points as in many other RPG :)

Looks interesting...I've jumped into D3 again a little this last week or two although I have no idea whats going on with all the changes they've made since I stopped playing. Plus I swear my account was rolled back cos I'm pretty sure the toons I found had all died...

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

patch 2.0.1 has been released on public test realm (PTR) , and Reaper of Souls closed beta has started...

one of the intersting features besides loot 2.0 is going to be clan & communities support directly ingame..

so I'm just wondering will there be a darkmatters community / clan aswell ?

I really wish the update / addon could bring more people back together in one game, both from darkmatters and clan-DA ..

I miss you guys, ever since Sacred 2 closed net had been shut down ;)

cheers,

Bob/James

PS: I forgot.. here's a link to PTR 2.0.1 / RoS closed beta patch notes :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11883960/201-ptr-and-closed-beta-patch-notes-12-12-2013

Rot, thanks for posting!

:hugs:

in all honesty, I do think the quest for that add on sounds and looks good, though I'm not sure how much in "thrall" I'd be with this game...course I'm up to giving it a chance if enuff peeps say it's killer

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

patch 2.0.1 has been released on public test realm (PTR) , and Reaper of Souls closed beta has started...

one of the intersting features besides loot 2.0 is going to be clan & communities support directly ingame..

so I'm just wondering will there be a darkmatters community / clan aswell ?

I really wish the update / addon could bring more people back together in one game, both from darkmatters and clan-DA ..

I miss you guys, ever since Sacred 2 closed net had been shut down ;)

cheers,

Bob/James

PS: I forgot.. here's a link to PTR 2.0.1 / RoS closed beta patch notes :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/11883960/201-ptr-and-closed-beta-patch-notes-12-12-2013

Never left D3, and doubt that will happen any time soon. Would love to see some of yall on European servers.

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, how many people here on Darkmatters will be playing the new Reaper of Souls when it get released? It's been awhile since I've played a game with most of you, and now RoS will have clan support for us :D

• Like! 1

I haven't played Dibalo 3 yet, plan to eventually, but it wont be any time soon. The D3 class selection was insulting and the story is an obvious unfinished "to be continued in the expansion". You want to play from launch day, please go right ahead. But some of us can wait forever for the final full experience and the return of the druid class.

Speaking of which, when is the "next" expansion release date planed?

I kinda had very little interest in Diablo III. I wanted to take more of an I the rest and get into the game, but the way Blizzard has been handling their games these days has made me not want to spend my money on them. I was disappointed in the way StarCraft 2 came out along with the Warcraft series starting from number 3.

Also, they gave Diablo a hint of cleavage and child bearing hips.

• Like! 1

I was disappointed in the way StarCraft 2 came out along with the Warcraft series starting from number 3.

What’s wrong with StarCaft 2?

I played wings of liberty, it was very good. The story was engaging. Replaying missions in different orders gave different commentary by the cast and crew. You get to make big decisions with repercussions, and can unlock WMD and battlecruisers early in the game.

Ok, so you only get 1 campaign out of 3, but the content is big enough. You get full command of the protos for a couple of missions. The 2 expansions are zerg and protos campaigns. I didn’t like the idea of replacing firebats with hellions, but they eventually merged the two into hellbats. And Kerigan in the final mission is just plain out cheating “how does a ghost telepathically crash a battlecruiser in 2 seconds?!!”

StarCaft 2 so far is very good. And its nowhere bad as Red Alert 3 “Mortar bike vs Giga-Fortress” Uprising

Back before I moved to my current location, I played the demo and thought it was ok. With all the clones I slogged through over the years, the gameplay was fine with me. Compared to D2 it looked weak though.

Still, I would have liked to play it since the first two were formative experiences in my gaming life. But making it an online game was a big middle finger to those of us with slow, unreliable or intermittent internet connections. This game, is not for us. Even if I was at my previous home with a broadband connection, DRM is something I only tolerate in games if I can remove it after purchase. D3's online-only DRM is airtight, so it's not something I could justify spending money on. I hope online DRM isn't the future of games.

I was disappointed in the way StarCraft 2 came out along with the Warcraft series starting from number 3.

What’s wrong with StarCaft 2?

I played wings of liberty, it was very good. The story was engaging. Replaying missions in different orders gave different commentary by the cast and crew. You get to make big decisions with repercussions, and can unlock WMD and battlecruisers early in the game.

Ok, so you only get 1 campaign out of 3, but the content is big enough. You get full command of the protos for a couple of missions. The 2 expansions are zerg and protos campaigns. I didn’t like the idea of replacing firebats with hellions, but they eventually merged the two into hellbats. And Kerigan in the final mission is just plain out cheating “how does a ghost telepathically crash a battlecruiser in 2 seconds?!”

StarCaft 2 so far is very good. And its nowhere bad as Red Alert 3 “Mortar bike vs Giga-Fortress” Uprising

Well, as far as issues go, I have a couple of them to pick on. Those who don't know the game and don't want to be spoiled, don't read.

One, is the world building. Things along the lines of the Terran Dominion still being the dominant force and able to subjugate the other fringe worlds like Umoja despite Kerrigan managing to essentially reduce the combined might of the Dominion, UED, and Protoss on a lonely space station, a fleet which, btw, was implied in Brood War to be composed of battered remains to begin with. How is Korhal not ripe for the picking? And how is Korhal still filled with a population of billions after the UED reduced Augustgrad to very little a mere four years in the past? What the hell did they do to the Zerg origins and turning the Overmind into a victim? The first game established it as an enemy consumed with, well, consuming everything in its path for the sake of the swarm, and none of the lines pointed to a creature controlled against its will. Why did they ignore the fact that StarCraft 1 initially established that Zerus was now an inhabitable wasteland and, even with wormholes and the like, still required 60 years of travel? Last I also checked, the original Zerg were the little worms themselves. Purity of Essence has now been reduced to being magic lights the Zerg absorb. Why the hell are the villains utter idiots, when they were portrayed as formidable in the first game? Case in point, Raynor manages to outwit and outrace Kerrigan every single time, Raynor's Raiders manage to infiltrate Augustgrad and used the Odin to pretty much wreck havoc in there, upload the recordings of Mengsk's dirty laundry for the public to hear, and leave like nothing? All this, btw, while having a leash on our favorite hick, Tychus? Think, your pawn, the guy whom you put a proverbial gun to the head was given free reign to wreck your city. :P Of course, on Raynor's side, if you were good enough to break into the city and cause that much collateral damage, all this to upload sound bits to the media outlets, why did they not go further and take out Mengsk himself? :P Also, what is wrong with Warfield's brain during the invasion of Char, where a supposed expert in planetary sieges ended up having to be saved by the little ragtag group of rebels, aka. Raynor's Raiders? Where did that brain also go when he was sending those Gorgons during HotS despite the fact there were a bunch of Scourge nests around to destroy them? Suspension of belief is needed especially in lieu of gameplay, yes, but even after all this, I never felt I was dealing with dummies in the first game beyond the Protoss acting stubborn due to their pride. And while I do applaud the choice in choosing certain maps in certain order affecting the availability of units you gain, along with tech tree choices affecting enhancements and bonuses you get to use for the rest of the campaign, I am less fond of the choices plot-wise during the branching portions of the story. No matter which choice you choose, there really isn't a wrong choice as the plot will find a way to just right itself accordingly. Oh, and I hated the dialogue. It was a step down from the old smack talk we had in the first game. And while I don't oppose the idea of a Raynor/Kerrigan romance, it was forced given the first game showed the two more like comrades that rib each other, plus the fact Raynor was so piffed at Kerrigan's betrayal that he vowed to kill her; other than after Kerrigan rescues him in HotS, we saw no traces of that anger, one which she deserved given the fact that the first game heavily implied that much of her scheming could not be blamed with Zerg genes.

The other, well, there's the part where everything now must go through Battle.net, stuff pretty much won't work once a new patch is released, and that the community for custom campaigns and the amount of creativity people are allowed to have has since been stifled heavily, courtesy of their DRM. From what I understand, it was even worse for Diablo III, particularly the part where you had to be online even for the singleplayer. Even SC2 wasn't quite as airtight. The Galaxy Editor was at parts looked disorganized, making it needlessly more complicated than it should. With maps being only useful though Battle.net means whatever you create through the editor cannot be shared so easily. I also wonder if it still has the memory cap as far as how much you can upload, because it was low in the beginning. It's too bad, because apart from multiplayer, those maps and campaigns, and all the clever manipulations of triggers as well as all the programs that were developed to enhance the use of Star Edit, those were what kept me coming back to StarCraft for close to ten years. Those who are dedicated would plot through that mess, but those who want to get into this yet are more casual will have a much harder time. Can't say I'm too fond about the game, including the editor, being suddenly unplayable upon release of a new patch. I'm also not fond of the macro mechanics introduced, like the Queen's ability to cause a hive to produce more larvae, or the calldown of MULEs. I remembered the Protoss also once had the ability to increase resource gathering before the final product settled with the Chrono Boost. Basically, though, those parts of the macro game turn into timed button pushes as x amount of time has passed since energy was consumed, so time to push the button to produce more larvae, or gather more minerals.

StarCraft 2's strength over the first game was the fact that the campaign was not merely build and destroy. The maps were actually different and had fresh missions that don't necessarily involve putting a base together. When you have the Tychus doing his own thing in the Odin, you are forced to build fast and protect him as he goes off on his rampage. Or you have the flames chasing you from behind, burning the map slowly from left to right, forcing you to move your base constantly, including your precious structures. That was the fun part. There's also the fact that the game now provides you with maps for beginners to the game to get some good training, something that was non-existant in the first game. So I can't say that the game was bad. It's just that with all those issues it does have, there is less motivation for me to go back to the game.

• Like! 1

I'm waiting a few months for the reviews to start coming out before I buy the expansion. I was so disappointed in D3. Especially add a veteran D2 player of almost a decade

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how many people here on Darkmatters will be playing the new Reaper of Souls when it get released? It's been awhile since I've played a game with most of you, and now RoS will have clan support for us :D

Started again :) will play RoS -> have to grind some paragon levels for my wd

• Like! 1

I wasn't going to but I've pre-ordered the expansion already. The way it is playing with the latest patch (loot system and monster traits) has just made the game that much more playable on PC for me. I installed the latest patch on 8 March, and since then I've seen more legendary items than I had in the preceding near two years playing. I've had so much fun playing over the last week that I ordered the expansion. I also like the fact that I can now change the difficulty I want to play at without finishing the difficulty I am in (although when my level 30 character started running into two trait bad guys I did wonder what was going on). All in all, I'm enjoying it on PC all over again.

Awesome Steer!

Did you get an invite from DARK yet?

omgod, Im completely sunk in to this game... wait...waht's that paragon level it says on my toon...

190?

*GASP*

Where did my weekend goooooooooooooooooo

:oooo:

gogo

whats your b.tag? we can do some runs on eu sc/hc

I'm still playing SC on EU servers at present, but I'd be happy to migrate to other servers with an invite from the DARK. Especially as I have extra slots with the expansion.

I'm still playing SC on EU servers at present, but I'd be happy to migrate to other servers with an invite from the DARK. Especially as I have extra slots with the expansion.

Migrating to another server is basically starting from scratch again, nothing moves with you. (You can still play all your characters on the EU servers).

You have 10 character slots per server, and there is no way to interact between them, your friendlist is regionbound too.Same for blacksmith and jeweler level, achievements,... It's basically a new account on a different region. And you keep your old account. So no harm in joined US servers too.