Which Sacred 2 boss do you hate and why?

Which bosses in sacred 2 you hate the most and why?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which bosses you hate the most?

• Gar'collosus
    • Octogalamus
    • Xanthiar (dragon)
    • Carnach
    • Swirling mist of miasma
    • Garganthropod (giant Scorpion)
    • Crystal monster (giant spinning crystal)
    • The nameless guardians
    • Forest guardian (giant walking tree)
    • Daloriel the depraved (t-mutated soldier)

Following my daughter:

Colossus is the easiest. She killed him in niob by just staying around and healing herself. Rest was done by light aura of her seraphim. Think it is the only main boss that can be killed by buffs alone?

I voted Carnach, simply because at launch he was horribly bugged, causing me unimaginable amounts of grief.

Mist boss is a close second, he was bugged as well. Not only it was a resource hog, but it could also get stuck and not spawn any undead, making him unkillable.

The forest guardian is an all or nothing boss and by that I mean if you don't have strong fire damage/ combat arts don't waste your time . However - He's got no fire resistance at all and he can drop level 10 sets iirc. Just make sure you have good fire damage socketed and deathblow and he's great to farm. seraphim with archangels wrath kills him very quick - what was the seraphim build you were using Mer kil?

Celestial magic build with exalted warrior focus , tried killing him but he always heals himself and I don't like it

Using the SW, Forest Guardian has really only become a major problem when I hit niobium. Silver and gold he wasn't half as bad as I do good enough damage plus he doesn't heal as much, and platinum I been able to increase my weapon and CA damage to just enough to kill it. But, yeah, without fire to assist, he does get progressively worse, thus I shall be prepping my pyro elf against it.

Also loving the fact that expulse magic can make certain bosses look utterly pitiful. Nimonuil was pretty laughable, though I get annoyed when he runs away.

I voted Carnach, simply because at launch he was horribly bugged, causing me unimaginable amounts of grief.Mist boss is a close second, he was bugged as well. Not only it was a resource hog, but it could also get stuck and not spawn any undead, making him unkillable.

the mist boss bug also happens to me, not spawning the undead. Is it common or rare to have this bug? I'm on console version,Xbox Edited by Mer kil

On the PS3 version, I've seen it a few times (offline, no internet connection). Maybe about 3-5% of my attempts.

However, it seems to happen much more frequently online, especially if someone has a laggy connection (especially if they're the host).

Most of the time that I've seen the boss refuse to summon the undead, it has been in the middle of a lot of objects (such as trees or fences). I have a feeling it has something to do with the boss trying to summon undead, but being unable to because of the objects in the area.

I tend to pull the boss into an open area when fighting it offline (I often attempt it online, but sometimes my attempts aren't very successful), so this might account for my low incidence rate.

Edited by Mystix123

I voted both the Octogalamus and the Swirling Mist of the Miasma. The Octo would constantly heal itself (I usually play underpowered) and the Swirling Mist cannot be hurt (undead don't last long around my characters). A lot of wait time with Mist-and yes, 3 times fight for the Light path.

I voted for 2 of the bosses. I wonder if that will skew the numbers in the poll?

Griffin doesn't bother me so much.

As they have all said, it's not the difficulty, it's the annoyance factor that makes mist of miasma a boss people hate fighting, and as the title of the thread says, it is which boss you HATE to fight, not which boss is hardest to fight. :P Mist of Miasma is a resource hog, and it's already a slow, tedious fight as it is. Now, add glitches, and it's no wonder people hate fighting it so much.

Frankly, the ultimate boss I hate to fight are not bosses themselves. What I hate fighting most are the game's bugs, glitches, and crashes. :P

Edited by Aegis
  • Like! 1

You guys might hate to hear this but I've never had a single crash, slowdown or glitch when fighting the Mist. I don't even have a super powerful computer, I get slowdowns in cities and villages all the time. I have to turn of buff displays and weather and all kinds of stuff to get good performance. But the Mist never gives me any slowdown at all.

That battle runs smooth as silk for me, it's just so dull to wait for him to spawn his undead. He's barely any threat himself, as he sloooowly glides over to where you are, swiping at you as you casually stroll a few paces away. yaawwn...

As they have all said, it's not the difficulty, it's the annoyance factor that makes mist of miasma a boss people hate fighting, and as the title of the thread says, it is which boss you HATE to fight, not which boss is hardest to fight. :P Mist of Miasma is a resource hog, and it's already a slow, tedious fight as it is. Now, add glitches, and it's no wonder people hate fighting it so much.

Frankly, the ultimate boss I hate to fight are not bosses themselves. What I hate fighting most are the game's bugs, glitches, and crashes. :P

You left out ONE crucial factor in why the mist is the most despised..

You have to fight the bugger 3 times on the Light side and 2 times on the Dark. Other bosses are bad enough when you have to only face them once, but this one you've got to do multiple times. With a High Elf spamming Blazing Tempest it's not too bad, (Yes, I know, the ice shards will do damage but somewhat less as the baddies are armored against ice damage)... Ditto for a Dryad with a blowgun. But it's still not AS good as the HE has it with BT...

If you want a boss that's the biggest PITA to fight - that would be the Spider Queen from the CM Patch. The only class I've managed to get thru her lair mostly unscathed was a Shadow Warrior who was fully cloaked and had the biggest 2H hammer/axe I could find. The boss in this case will heal.. frequently.. but only if she sees you. Fully cloaked you can walk right up to her and unleash a torrent of blows and she doesn't even have a chance to react.

• Like! 1

You left out ONE crucial factor in why the mist is the most despised..

You have to fight the bugger 3 times on the Light side and 2 times on the Dark. Other bosses are bad enough when you have to only face them once, but this one you've got to do multiple times. With a High Elf spamming Blazing Tempest it's not too bad, (Yes, I know, the ice shards will do damage but somewhat less as the baddies are armored against ice damage)... Ditto for a Dryad with a blowgun. But it's still not AS good as the HE has it with BT...

Ah yes, of course, the terrible three. Dark campaign you only fight it once, though, so nowhere as painful if you're playing the cheesy hero. The pyro elf is pretty much the best character to deal with the mist thus far. BFG seraphim may not be as efficient but also works nicely against it, and I can pretty much deal with the mist using SW's DB modded for splash. I just run up to the zombies as they come up from the ground and smack them on the spot to take out most, if not all of them at once. But, yes, Mist sucks for being such a slow fight overall, and is the only boss I wouldn't go to for boss farming.

If you want a boss that's the biggest PITA to fight - that would be the Spider Queen from the CM Patch. The only class I've managed to get thru her lair mostly unscathed was a Shadow Warrior who was fully cloaked and had the biggest 2H hammer/axe I could find. The boss in this case will heal.. frequently..

The Spider Queen was a tough opponent, but in the evil version of the quest you have to fight the seraphim outside the dungeon… and she killed me almost instantly every time. Every weapon and skill I had collected up to that point were useless against her speed and power.

Eventually I fond a way to beat her by luring her into the nearby T-energy leak and running around in circles. Cheap, evil and effective - one of my most memorable boss battles.