Favorite lazy day hobby?

So, what do you do on the rare days that you have nothing that You have to do. I love those days. On those ultra rare days, I float around my beach bedroom with my hookah. I guess I should explain, cuz that might raise a big old question mark. "Float around your beach bedroom? What is exactly in that hookah?"

I live in an area that is nothing but cows and pasture, and sometimes forest. The beach and water is like a bajillion miles away. So, I brought the beach to me. I had a enormous spare room, so I left part of the flooring intact, I just scooped out a few feet down and across to put in a sand pit. I dug the rest of the room out, but left enough for a walkway that leads to a rounded platform type of deal where our bed is. I lined the rest of the empty space with traditional pool lining. So, there you go, I got sand and surf in my bedroom, as well as a few heat lamps for winter months. Of course I had to turn to professionals for the filtration and heating systems, but those are the boring details. On lazy days, I float in my bedroom on my pool chair, with my hookah on my side tray, smoking Mediterranean Grape shisha, with a big smile on my face

• Like! 1

If I define hobby as something which I doesn''t need to dobut like to do it:

Cooking, hunting, family has tobe excluded from being a hobby....

Gliding probably, I did it more or less regilary since I was 16, nearly 3 decades. But when my best friend who used to fly with me for the same time died on cancer it wasn't the same anymore. The song is still in my signature. Currently learning our second daughter to fly. Being in gliding club for free, becausemy grandpa was a founding member and repsired the machines till he died.

Even the club has competetion mqchines, I like the old ASK 13 best. Big cabin for a allround look, very tolerant on mistakes when teaching, nice slow speed gliding possible when doing sight seeing.

But with 5 kids, it are only 30 hours this year by now.

• Like! 1

Playing pc games(but need to have my PC fixed)

Hiking(sometimes alone, sometimes with friends)

Walking around town with a friend, talking about random things and stopping for ice cream(at my favourite Lecca il Gelato) or something to eat/drink when our primal instincts demands it.

Reading some of my books, whether cooking, fiction or fantasy...

Watching Series, Movies or listening to music.

Delta!

• Like! 1

Alas, I tried to be good, I did... I was taking some serious hikes around the area, but..but... I recognize this horrible compuslsion and ability to sleep only for three hours a day...

I've goten addicted to a game again!

Dang u Path of Exile!

nooooooooooo

:oooo:

gogo

Path of Exile is indeed pretty slick. I like reading and hiking, but I do them perpetually as part of my job. That's why I love floating in the pool bedroom so much, because it's such a rare treat. To me, a hobby is an activity that you love, but rarely get to do. So doing nothing is a hobby for me. As far as reading, I discovered a fun book named "The Dragon's Path" by Daniel Abraham. I knew nothing of the author, but a book that has a deep blue cover and a sword on the front? That screams "Gilberticus", the only way it could have made it better is if it had water of some kind. Or rain, or lightning.

I excluded reading as being a hobby because: in the few time I have I try to read foreign books in their original languages to train my language skills.

My brother lives 400metres away from europes biggest library of Fantasy and SciFi books, more than 40000books. Each visit at his place and my daughter takes 10 books for 4 weeks. Well she has like 3 hours in bus and train each day.

Currently she is reading the Gem-Trology from the german author Kerstin Gier: Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green.

http://us.macmillan.com/rubyred/KerstinGier

She says it is very good so far, reading near the end of the second book.