Concentration & Combat Discipline vs Focus & Lore

Valkyr

Rechecking my build and reading this forum, I noticed that Concentration and Combat Discipline may be wasted skills if you don’t use more than 2 combat arts in a combo or more than 1 buff, and their other benefits may be replaced for more useful skills (correct me if I am wrong).

Concentration (at level 75)

concentration.gif

● Regeneration Time -47%

Combat Discipline (at level 75)

combatdiscipline.gif

● Regeneration Time -20%

● Damage +1356

Aspect Focus (at level 75)
exaltedwarriorfocus.gifreveredtechnologyfocus.gifcelestialmagicfocus.gif

● Regeneration Time -64,3%

● Spell levels are raised even higher without penalty.

Aspect Lore (at level 75)

tacticslore.giflostfusionlore.gifcelestialmagiclore.gif

● Damage +180,8% (refer to table below)

● Critical Hit chance +9%

● Execution Speed +36%

Now what I want to know...

1) I am asking focusing only on the Seraphim because other classes may has different necessities.

2) I am using ALL of them 8 skills right now, so If I remove Concentration and/or Combat Discipline, I will NOT will have 75 or 150 points to spend on focus and lore, instead I will add another 2 (like Constitution and/or Shield) with 75 each one. So there will be a reduction on damage & regeneration.

3) The last (and probably the decisive for me)... is there a way to add those combo & buff slots by editing the game? (of course, this last point is only valid for offline single player game).

Edited by Valkyr

Yes I don't use concentration if I use just 1 buff.

Combat discipline is a bit more complicated. For my mages(casters) it is a certain yes yes yes yes. For a fighter: bargaining or alchemy might be better.

So why this yes yes yes for a caster: I like to use 100% halve regeneration time (starting gold diff) on my casters. The base damage for a caster comes from a high ca-level. So I read in every rune. This normally shoots regeneration times into real big heights. To counter this I use halve regeneration time. So instead 100% reg time it is only 50%. So the regeneration clock starts at 50%.

Now we add combat disciplin: If the spell is in a combination the clock will start around 1 o clock. With Mastery it is already 2. Half regeneration time will start at 6. So what if we have half regeneration time and combat discipline mastery? The clock adds 6+2 is 8. The reg time clock starts around 8.

So I have just one third of the normal reg time.

But a warning: cool down only starts when all regen is done, master regeneration system and more spells in a combination are more complicated. But with a bit of experimenting you should be able to reproduce the trick.

There are two ways to reduce reg time:

Speeding the clock: x% reg time items, combat art focus, stamina, ...

Moving the hands of the clock: chance for halve regeneratiin time, combat discipline and combat discipline mastery and Regeneration per Hit

Is this in the Wiki already?

• Like! 1

The Wiki's actually lacking a page dedicated to talking about Regeneration Time. It's mentioned on the Combat Arts page, and there are pages for all the various modifiers (Rengeration Penalty, white text; and Regeneration Time -X%, blue text, Chance to halve Regeneration Time, and Regen per Hit). I also talk a little about Regen on the combo page and about Expert Touch on the New Character Page. But it seems to me that that such an integral concept of the game should probably have a page of its own, where all this info can be collected, so it's not scattered around in pieces on a dozen pages.

• Like! 1

The combat art mastery description is confusing: it is not the 20% regeneration time as normal , but rather that the 20% are applied after all other normal reg-time calculations. It seems really be a move of the hands.

The wiki indicates 20% regeneration reduction at mastery, yet my Shadow Warrior managed to get 20% well below mastery if the stats are to be believed. I don't recall the number of points I actually have there, but something tells me it's 30ish. The other bonus, the ability to use four CAs in a combo, still applies as usual. I've only used him sporadically since completing niobium, so I will need to remind myself to write the exact numbers I got, but that was one of the first things I noticed.

The Wiki's actually lacking a page dedicated to talking about Regeneration Time. It's mentioned on the Combat Arts page, and there are pages for all the various modifiers (Rengeration Penalty, white text; and Regeneration Time -X%, blue text, Chance to halve Regeneration Time, and Regen per Hit). I also talk a little about Regen on the combo page and about Expert Touch on the New Character Page. But it seems to me that that such an integral concept of the game should probably have a page of its own, where all this info can be collected, so it's not scattered around in pieces on a dozen pages.

lol

was waiting for someone more mechanically inclined and understanding of game theory than me to create something!

:bounce:

gogo

Thanks for all the advices about Concentration and Combat Discipline, finally I was able renew my build and after some tests these are my results:

Seconds of a combo (Nova + Pillar) / damage from a non-weapon combat art (Lightning)

Constitution & Ancient Magic: 10s / 18.000 damage

Combat Discipline & Ancient Magic: 8,7s / 23.000 damage

Concentration & Ancient Magic: 7,9s / 18.000 damage

Combat Discipline & Concentration: 6,3s / 19.000 damage

Replacing Constitution guarantees damage will not be affected. The problem starts when I need to replace a damage booster skill. The best choice for a change is Combat Discipline, it makes good cooldown reduction and damage to combos, plus in some way it adds more damage even to al single combat arts (I don’t know if this is a bug). On the contrary, Concentration improves slightly the cooldown but it does not improve combos or combat arts. And both of them together improves the cooldown almost a half and slightly the damage. In few worlds, Combat Discipline for more damage and both Concentration + Combat Discipline for near half of the time, I have much to think about.

And a report of problems on the wiki, I found a mistake that it could be easy to solve, the Technology Lore and Lost Fusion icons are exchanged as follows:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Seraphim

reveredtechnologylore.gif Revered Technology Lore (I think this is the Temple Guardian’s icon)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian

lostfusionlore.gif Lost Fusion Lore (I know that this is the Seraphim’s icon)

Edited by Valkyr
  • Like! 1

And a report of problems on the wiki, I found a mistake that it could be easy to solve, the Technology Lore and Lost Fusion icons are exchanged as follows:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Seraphim

reveredtechnologylore.gif Revered Technology Lore (I think this is the Temple Guardian’s icon)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian

lostfusionlore.gif Lost Fusion Lore (I know that this is the Seraphim’s icon)

Confirmed. Those two are swapped all throughout the Wiki. I'll start trying to correct them all. I think it's actually Revered Tech focus and Lost Fusion Lore that are swapped. Lemme double check.

Edited by Flix