Anyone know what the CMA award is made out of?

I don't have much time today. I got pink eye, and I'm toast if the boss-lady catches me out of bed. I missed most of the awards last night, but caught the final couple minutes. My vision hasn't been the greatest the last couple days, but I'm pretty sure the award isn't crystal. I know the first award was walnut, but couldn't find info on what they make it out of now: my guess is glass or swarovski. Anyone know?

Gute Besserung - good recovering

Don't know this award.Hope it was better than the german TV award this year for lifetime for a german songwriter. He did one of the best campfire songs ever and when he was singing it at the award ceremony, instead of an applause a curtain opened and a punk band played a way quicker cover. The band is very popular in germany, but if you honor a persom you don't steal the applause? Very bad taste in my opinion and only to get some young people watching the award?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF0eejfHIRs

The original was from Gary Bolstad who studied at Waders place. Wader did a german text and later an english one for Bolstad.

The english one:

German and english together by Hannes Wader and the english songwriter Allan Taylor on the concert tour they did together,

It is one of the earliest songs my kids learned on guitar. And they ruined the award for a lifetime :(

Thank you, I'm not too shabby at the moment, I heal quickly. Now,my German is a little rusty. I knew it almost as a second language a long time ago. I figured that with a last name like mine, I better learn at least a little German. And then I dated a woman from Germany who'd only been in the States a few years, so it's kinda hard not to pick up a few words here and there. As far as your clip at top, I agree with you. I understand the theory on what they were trying to do, but but it's the timing, the way that it was executed that's in poor taste. And I won't lie, I can't stand punk rock, at all. Now, the country music awards..... were a mixed bag for me. The positive thing I have to say about it is that I never anticipated liking Darius Rucker as much as I do. That's all I really have to say that's positive about the awards. I don't like the pop type feel that country's transforming into. People blame Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. I don't like either of those women, and that Blown Away song is one of the most horrific songs I've ever heard, but those two aren't the sole reasons why country is more pop these days. My interest in what the award is made out of... is a secret for now :) And the first German song I learned was "Du, du liegst mir in Herzen".