Missing silly messages

Hi all

This is a thread to list any silly messages you may encounter that are missing in the wiki list
WIKI LINK HERE

I got this one: It's a girl and her name is Joy (Born 05/05/2009)

EDIT:

Oh, boy.!  did I typo that thread header or what?

Cheers

Who's your Granny?

Edited by gogoblender

I'll never forget the first silly message I ever saw, it was my first time running the game (maybe the demo) and amidst all the technical startup info was:

"You really think Sacred 2 is going to run on this computer?"

I thought the game had analyzed my computer and was legitimately telling me I didn't meet the system requirements for the game. Any other silly message, and I would've gotten that it's all jokes, but instead, I get that one and think "man these guys are jerks, they could've found a better way to tell me I can't run this game."

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Tom, do you want to add these to the wiki?

That green writing computer style... lots of memories...

I think I remember that from first game, there were SO many bugs in it, that the devs changed the silly messages...anyone remember this? Because they were infuriating the game players who thought they were really reall!

:4rofl:

gogo

xDDD

at some point there was a "No more silly messages"

uhm... I could do that gogo, tho atm I have my hands realy realy full with the mod I'm working at,

but sure, gimme access and I'll see what I can do

( warning: I have never written on any wiki before, I may mess things up a bit, before making 'em better that is )

cheers

Trust me, it would have never worked between us...

• Like! 1

I know a lot of the Funny Bug Reports messages were real bug reports during the beta. I wish I had written then all down when I was still in beta. The one about the dirk....the bug reporter didn't know what a dirk was and insisted the dev's got the name wrong and it was supposed to be a 'dagger'

• Like! 1

I know a lot of the Funny Bug Reports messages were real bug reports during the beta. I wish I had written then all down when I was still in beta. The one about the dirk....the bug reporter didn't know what a dirk was and insisted the dev's got the name wrong and it was supposed to be a 'dagger'

Well, since you know a thing or two about them, mind explaining the humor behind these?

8- Remember Sacred1 bug #4624...

50- Funny bugreport #13882: Missing effects after stroking down the wand!

153- Funny bugreport #14523: Quest is not finishable!

210- Funny bugreport #20991: the ring is lying too obviously!

212- Funny bugreport #14198: the curse of usability is perverted!

Also, too bad you had to return the horse from “214-Funny bugreport #11763: horse - missing flight animation!” back to Skyrim

P.S. Whoever invented “353- We don't have bugs, we have dragons!”, I love you.

Edited by SX255
  • Like! 1

heya SX, it's been a while, nice to see you active again, here, let's have a couple gargleblasters :drinks:

We don't have bugs, we have dragons.!

This must have come out of a combination of two different things

1. sacred 1 u.w. had introduced a whole lot of bugs as opponents

2. micro$oft's famous: we don't have bugs, we have features

cheers

99 bottles of beer on the wall...

• Like! 1

cheers

Cheers! :drinks: (though I'm always around)

Well, that particular silly message made my happy madness complete. Now every bug report I make, I secretly add random generated monster names to every “bug” – keeps my self of accomplishment in QA high watching as the problems get finally resolved.

• Like! 1

It's a quote by Benjamin Franklin that kind of got distorted over the years. The actual quote (from a letter he wrote) was :

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

It's a widely misquoted line, very popular:

https://www.google.com/search?q=beer+is+proof&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=iHOeUrz4L6fd2AWx5oFI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=2144&bih=1178&dpr=0.9

Very very amazing find!!

:)

gogo

pinned another one ( just in time for D.B.'s bday ) :

d8n2.jpg

That has to be an easter egg as well, I'm certain that I've seen it somewhere...

Trust, nice catch on this being a quote, I'm actually kind of astonished that it showed up as being by benjamin franklin as researched out by Flix just now!

:)

gogo

It's a quote by Benjamin Franklin that kind of got distorted over the years. The actual quote (from a letter he wrote) was :

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

It's a widely misquoted line, very popular:

https://www.google.com/search?q=beer+is+proof&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=iHOeUrz4L6fd2AWx5oFI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=2144&bih=1178&dpr=0.9

Yeah.. But gotta remember, the guys from Ascaron were GERMAN.. And Germany isn't really that well known for wine.. Not like France or Spain...

But they ARE quite reknown for beer. So it makes sense they would make that alteration as such.