Does anybody still play Sacred 2 on Ps3?

As the title says, does anybody still actively play the ps3 version of this game? I am asking because tomorrow morning I am going with my cousin to gamestop to buy this game for his ps3 and was wondering if online is still active enough to have fun with?

I myself am a PC player for both Sacred 1 and 2, I am posting because he doesn't know about this forum and others.

• Like! 1

Hi Jeff.

I'm still active on the PS3 version, as are others who I am networked with.

I'm not 100% sure what the public population is like these days though, as I rarely play in public games these days.

Finding others who play (via here and GameFAQs) might be his best bet to make the most of online.

I have access to the game on the PS3 but also just got a third copy (Sacred 2 Gold) for my PC. I played a lot during the Beta but when Ascaron went out of business it kind of soured me on the game. :(

As the title says, does anybody still actively play the ps3 version of this game? I am asking because tomorrow morning I am going with my cousin to gamestop to buy this game for his ps3 and was wondering if online is still active enough to have fun with?

I myself am a PC player for both Sacred 1 and 2, I am posting because he doesn't know about this forum and others.

I personally never had the console version of this game Heinrich, but do know that members here have had played, and quite a bit when game came out

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two copies of Sacred 2 for the PC, one a regular copy and one a deluxe copy, both from the US distributors for helping with the Beta. I installed them but never played more than a minimal amount because I was so depressed and angry that Ascaron had gone out of business.

Recently I got Sacred 2 Gold via Steam for the PC and tried to get back into the game again since there are a LOT of Mods available. I even volunteered to help test a Mod but then had some medical problems and haven't been back to it yet.

Today I got a used copy of Sacred 2 for the PS3 from GameStop for $10.

For someone who doesn't seem to actually play the game, I have an awful lot of legal copies of the game. :dntknw:

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

Somewhere to your situation happened to me spock as well, bought the game, and it was in italian , managed to get it in english and I couldn't play anymore, then started again and again of course the time was more precious and the fact my pc broke that year. Then after many many fail attempts to litteraly finish the game, I manage to do it in 2 days :)) imagine that, and all that its in a 5 year span.

Tehnicaly I finished the game in 5 years, and I learned more now then the attempts of me trying to play this, as my comprehention of the games is at its peak right now, I even doing deving work for a company that provides private servers in the mmorpg world, that a friend and me build it.

seems im offtopic with this

ONTOPIC: Welcome to the forums, and I recomend a pc version ( personal oppinion from a guy that always hated consoles ) :)). Goodluck

• Like! 1

Thanks for having me guy's. If anyone wants to play the PS3 version just let me know. I have to restart all over sadly since the first I played it was back on the 360. Don't have a PC good enough to play sacred 2 sadly. However I do use Teamspeak for when I'm playing my games like sacred 2 and Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn. So if you have the PS3 version and have a PC with Teamspeak. Hit me up with a message and we can get a play session going.

• Like! 1

Again , personal oppinion you won't see me near consoles for the rest of my life, I will have to buy one probably when my unborn son/daughet will ask for it :), tho I won't see it happen. Anyhow having a good configuration PC costs less then a console these days, basicaly everything changed since a long time before when consoles were cheaper.

• Like! 1

... Don't have a PC good enough to play sacred 2 sadly. ...

Mine is an older Windows XP system. I have to play on the lower option scale but I can still play it. It's the same rig I used to help Beta test Sacred 2 and Ice & Blood.
  • Like! 1

Anyhow having a good configuration PC costs less then a console these days, basicaly everything changed since a long time before when consoles were cheaper.

To be entirely technical: Not true in Canada (where both Aaron and I live currently, at least according to their flag).

The cheapest, bare-bones computer that I can find in warehouse stores is $250 CDN, as it's on clearance sale right now. (Given the specs of the computer, it's cheaper to buy this pre-built one than to purchase the parts to build one from scratch at equal specs.) I can't even guarantee that it'll reach the specs to run Sacred 2 at equal quality to either console version (though, it should run it).

In comparison, a PS3 is $200 CDN when it's not on sale.

Back on topic: I'll add you to the PSN Aaron. I don't run Teamspeak anymore (haven't used it since FF11), but I do have a USB headset.

A few of us will be starting new characters on Friday evening. We have at least 1 spot open, so you're welcome to join.

Edited by Mystix123
  • Like! 1

I just got my copy. how does one hook up on the PS3?

I notice when I ran the game that there was what appeared to be a connection icon in the upper right that was connected. Does this mean that I am connected to some network the entire time I'm playing, even if I just want to play single-player!?

I just got my copy. how does one hook up on the PS3?

I notice when I ran the game that there was what appeared to be a connection icon in the upper right that was connected. Does this mean that I am connected to some network the entire time I'm playing, even if I just want to play single-player!?

The "Connection Status" symbol simply tells you whether or not you can access the online features (such as Leaderboards, Online Play, etc).

To join an online game, choose "Start Game", then "Quick Match". This will bring up a menu which allows you to browse all online games which you are eligible to join. It does not automatically connect you to a game (unlike the "Quick Match" function in other games).

You can also choose "Custom Match", if you want to limit the search even further, but usually "Quick Match" is the best option (as there aren't many people hosting on a normal basis).

To host an online game or play a single-play game, choose "Start Game", then "Create Game". You'll then come to a menu which allows you to choose the settings for your server (hosted on your PS3).

Game Mode: Your options are "New / Continue Campaign", "Free World" or "Free World PvP", to choose between Campaign or Free World.

Difficulty Level: Self-explanatory.

Online Mode: "Online" or "Offline". Offline is the single-player and couch co-op option. Online opens the next two options to specify the settings for your hosted game.

Join Policy: "Private" (invite only) or "Public" (random people can join via the Quick Match or Custom Match menus).

Level Gap: "Max. 2", "Max. 5" or "Max. 10". This determines the maximum level gap between you and anyone joining the game. So, at Max 10, you can be level 20 and have anyone between level 10 and 30 joining you.

Couch co-op is activated by selecting the offline mode and pressing Start on Controller 2.

See the information here to ensure that your couch co-op experience runs smoothly: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:2-Player_local_co-op_%28PS3%29

Also, if you choose to play offline, it's usually better to unplug your ethernet connection and shut off your wireless connection to reduce lag.

• Like! 1

Thanks for that. I think I am going to have to start a new character and go through the tutorials on the PS3. I've never really played for long on that system and it has been a long time since I last played. If I am going to even think about joining with others to play, I need to know HOW to play first. :(

• Like! 1