Christmas Greetings!

Weather reports predict a heavy storm with tons of rain at the night from 24th to 25th of decembre. Sadly no white christmas here, but I hope that the storm won't do too much damage.
4 years back we had an ice rain which gave my wife a lot of work because of broken legs and arms she had to fix,. Our church is a fortified one, nearly 1000 years old on top of a hill with a mighty wall around. When people left church it had ice rained meanwhile and the first did slip before the ice was noticed.
Actually it was a nice experience ( not the broken bones ) to see the people improvise with sharing food, songs,...till me and a friend walked to our home to come back with unimogs to bring the people to hospital or home. Took till around 2am.

Frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch

altvater_winter_horde2.jpg

• Like! 1

Hope no one else got hit by an ice storm like I did, specifically the kind that has left us with no power for at least two days. Am posting this at a McDonald's on my tablet to get the WiFi. =3 All things considering, I've seen much worse, and things have been good considering. Got a gas stove to cook, for instance, and no one in my neighborhood has had their car or house crushed by trees due to all that ice. With that, grateful to have thick coats and a working car, Merry Christmas, Ancarians. =D

• Like! 1

Hope no one else got hit by an ice storm like I did, specifically the kind that has left us with no power for at least two days. Am posting this at a McDonald's on my tablet to get the WiFi. =3 All things considering, I've seen much worse, and things have been good considering. Got a gas stove to cook, for instance, and no one in my neighborhood has had their car or house crushed by trees due to all that ice. With that, grateful to have thick coats and a working car, Merry Christmas, Ancarians. =D

Holy moley we did too...mega!

I was actually flying out to parents that very night in the states from Montreal, and was delayed almost the whole day. Got to Bethesda in the middle of a Christmas heat wave...people were giving me stares at me coming off the plane in my fur hat, heavy winter boots and big puffy jacket! :4rofl:

Glad Mcd's could get you though to us, and hoping you're able to keep safe. For me, was also worrisome as leaving montreal behind meant leaving home, and if the power dropped (which it didn't) meant that Schot would have had to get Star somewhere safe to keep her warm.

Had a lot of friends that helped me through that day on this silly text phone I have with support and data

But they got me home for Christmas

2whktn9.jpg

:)

gogo

BAH HUMBUG!

Only joking, lol. Merry christmas to you all and a Happy New Year.

Happy Christmas podgie!

I refuse to let you humbug, and here to say how sorely we miss your poignant humor with the SacredWiki quest writeups

We're waiting sir!

gogo

Since it's that time of the year, I thought I would share this ever popular site. Yes, I realize I should have posted this a LOT sooner but perhaps, if we remember where this topic is, it can be used a little sooner next year!

Norad's Santa Claus Tracker

hahahah

wish I had then when I was a kid

I remember the radio posting reports on that all cherished nigh of the eve though

Merry Christmas Spock

gogo

Weather reports predict a heavy storm with tons of rain at the night from 24th to 25th of decembre. Sadly no white christmas here, but I hope that the storm won't do too much damage.

4 years back we had an ice rain which gave my wife a lot of work because of broken legs and arms she had to fix,. Our church is a fortified one, nearly 1000 years old on top of a hill with a mighty wall around. When people left church it had ice rained meanwhile and the first did slip before the ice was noticed.

Actually it was a nice experience ( not the broken bones ) to see the people improvise with sharing food, songs,...till me and a friend walked to our home to come back with unimogs to bring the people to hospital or home. Took till around 2am.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jcpHoCkSpJc/TROCWzKvWcI/AAAAAAAABW8/z0RGSU7BR9s/s1600/altvater_winter_horde2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jcpHoCkSpJc/TROCWzKvWcI/AAAAAAAABW8/z0RGSU7BR9s/s1600/altvater_winter_horde2.jpg

Chattius, I think that ice rain made it over here to gift us with it's presence. most of the east coast was shut down, and Toronto lost a lot of power for a few days.

I can relate to your experience of sharing time together when things go dark like that, always remember my parents making the best out of it when I was a kid, with candles, blankets, stories told and the snuggle of family.

Merry Christmas Chattius

gogo

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Joyous Kwanza, and a Festive Winter Solstice to all! May Santa Seraphim bring you lots of goodies this holiday season!

SACRED2_art_seraphim_SeasonsGreetings.jp

Flix, Merry christmas to you too!

I'm away from Montreal till early january, and so haven't gotten to wiki yet over holidays, but count on me when I get back to ramp it up again. Have seen you putting in work, and you're always bring that Wiki a little closer to the perfect marvel.

Merry Christmas Flix

gogo

Merry Christmas, new friends! Hope I'm with you a long time. I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday, which ever you celebrate.

Cheers!

Ah, and great to see you here as well Veracious.

Your enthusiasm and support for this game and our community is heart warming

Thanks for putting up with our old ways here on FDM, we're kind of a mad house place huh^^

Merry Christmas friend Veracious

:gogo:

gogo

Merry Christmas, new friends! Hope I'm with you a long time. I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday, which ever you celebrate.

Cheers!

Ah, and great to see you here as well Veracious.

Your enthusiasm and support for this game and our community is heart warming

Thanks for putting up with our old ways here on FDM, we're kind of a mad house place huh^^

Merry Christmas friend Veracious

:gogo:

gogo

No no... don't thank me for putting up with your old ways. I actually like the clean environment you keep here. I thank YOU for correcting some of my absent mindedness and not just kicking me out Lol. I'm 32 now and actually like that there's no teenage trolling keyboard ninja types. Its one of the things that online gaming attracts n its absence is what I love about DM. I just don't always consider how my statements can be construed sometimes. I appreciate your tolerance and patience. I'll catch on eventually.

:-)

Only 3 fallen trees at the heavy rain storm, two could wait till after christmas days for removal. 2 cellars running full of water in the village down, already pumped clear. So we had time to watch 'Rare Exports' at fire fighters this morning while waiting for possible more calls.

I think it is in the top 5 of the most black humour x-mas movies?

Our oldest daughter arrived mid in the storm from her studies in france just before midnight. Had told her to search a hotel but she said she was trailing a street clearing truck on the Autobahn so she was feeling save to drive.

• Like! 1

BAH HUMBUG!

Only joking, lol. Merry christmas to you all and a Happy New Year.

Happy Christmas podgie!

I refuse to let you humbug, and here to say how sorely we miss your poignant humor with the SacredWiki quest writeups

We're waiting sir!

gogo

I wish mate, my, main computer went bang and I now have a small laptop which mostly serves my purposes, but it is only 2.0Ghz, 1Gb RAM and 128Mb integrated graphics. Sacred 2 looks down its nose at it and sniffs disdainfully I'm afraid. I found a few other games that I used to play are now beyond my reach even if they say 128Mb graphics because of models of Pixel Shader, Vertix whatnots etc. What a P.I.T.A! I really miss the good old days of standardisation when we knew where we stood and seemingly identical products may have one supported and the other not supported.

Ah well, maybe I belong to the last century and not this one. I don't even know if I will still be with Windows soon as WinXP is consigned to history and Win8 I won't touch with a bargepole! I may have to learn to use Linux or something that doesn't revolve around this Metro &&&&!!

Merry Christmas Chattius. We have been very lucky here, just galeforce winds and heavy rain with some flooding. A hundred miles further north of us there have been several deaths due to flooding and buildings collapsing, hundreds of families forced to evacuate their homes and find temporary accomodation where ever they can and over 70,000 homes without power still and have been for days.

Edited by podgie_bear

Our oldest daughter arrived mid in the storm from her studies in france just before midnight. Had told her to search a hotel but she said she was trailing a street clearing truck on the Autobahn so she was feeling save to drive.

hahhah

ahhh, and a clever daughter she is

Daughter of a Chattius

gogo

After a couple of days of no power in the cold, was one of the lucky ones to get power back on last night. Nice and toasty. Currently with my parents who also got their power back, and watching Mandarin soap operas with them... sorta. =/ Ah well. Merry Xmas again. :-)

• Like! 1