Is the CM Quest balanced in bronze?

over leveled for BRONZE and still died in the forest on a CM patch quest for the queen of spiders. lost 15 hours of playtime and survival bonus because I couldn't run away or teleport out and with 1600 hp and whatever armor I had I was getting two shotted. no matter how many times I hit health pot she killed me as it said teleporting hero. now I can't kill anything without downloading gear or modding my toon. she was doing 500-600 dmg per weapon while dual wielding in bronze at level 33. I don't know what the average unmodded damage is but I was 1-2 shotting everything but bosses. its too frustrating to start over.

You can save your game hitting whichever key you have set up in options. I believe the default is F7

You could switch to silver for awhile, level up in a new game in silver and then go back into bronze and try her again at a higher level.

I do that all the time.

Edited by Ysne58

When you die it automatically saves the new progress. So there's no way for me to roll back my resurrection. As far as going to silver, is survival bonus progress faster in the higher difficulty?

I'd just as soon skip her altogether but she wouldn't let me walk out. Her stun is way too long for bronze. All I wanted to do was leave but I couldn't move n the game wouldn't port me out. When it did it still let her kill me. I'm not interested in making up all that lost time. I was going for pseudo hc style. I didnt want to lose my sb.

Edited by Veracious

I'm not sure how fast it builds up. I've tried pseudo hc style, and not yet succeeded, although I did manage to complete Bronze once without dying.

I was going back and forth between bronze and silver to help level up high enough so that completing bronze without dying was possible for me.

I was doing fine the only other close call was the Phoenix in the hunting grounds. I ran away. This one wouldn't let me. Then I hit thev win key and had to tab back in. I was still alive thankfully but she chain stunned me and that was it. No matter how many pots I used the game wouldn't port more out then when it did it registered damage while teleporting.

I might just start from my old save file at level 16. At least it's half way. Now I'll save a spare file in a desktop folder after every level. I really don't even want to play after this. It's so frustrating.

Some one also is helping me edit a ring for added survival earned to get back to where I was. We will see how it goes if I decide to play again.

Depending on your character build, sometimes you can simply place a character at enemies high enough to give survival bonus.

My dragon mage was standing in the orc cave for a whole night for example in platinum. Killed the spiders with their poison damage, wearing all equipment with physical damage mitigation I could find and I had constitution mastery for regeneration and shield mastery with a yellow shield blocking 95+% of all attacks.

My high elf with crystal skin and choosing gear with cold damage mitigation was able to do the same at a place with just cold type enemies.

A friend used something like AutoIt to watch the health bar and automatically sending a pressed space to the game... I don't like AutoIt and others because they always confuse my anti-virus software.

Yea I thought about something like that too. Leaving her logged in somewhere in combat that she won't die from. I'm not sure what I have gear wise for that strategy. I'll have to check it out. I have some low sets. Maybe the bonuses would no enough. Thanks for the suggestion.

The Spider Queen is hard, but the trick is to lure her out of the circular underground area where she is. Staying within the circle likely guarantees character death and respawning. Don't even try the Abashai in the Blood Forest without weakening it first.

over leveled for BRONZE and still died in the forest on a CM patch quest for the queen of spiders. lost 15 hours of playtime and survival bonus because I couldn't run away or teleport out and with 1600 hp and whatever armor I had I was getting two shotted. no matter how many times I hit health pot she killed me as it said teleporting hero. now I can't kill anything without downloading gear or modding my toon. she was doing 500-600 dmg per weapon while dual wielding in bronze at level 33. I don't know what the average unmodded damage is but I was 1-2 shotting everything but bosses. its too frustrating to start over.

Was your magic resistance high enough? Asmariel is a pretty tough and verstile boss. You have to adapt quickly to her spells, but once you figure out her strategy, you can take her down (provided you are adequately developed). Check out her wiki page for some more info.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Asmarael,_the_Queen_of_Spiders

There's some great advice here from the posters.

Try building out from a def first perspective, that can take you very far

:)

gogo

I'm guessing that you're playing a Seraphim. The main problem with the Spider Queen is that she is a spell caster. I've built my share of Seraphim's and did a tweak on the "Ultimate Dual Wield Invincible Seraphim build". A LOT of Seras go for the Divine Protection/Energy Shield route, but I have seen how good Spell Resistance is when mastered. In my opinion, if you want a no-holds-barred hard-to-kill seraphim then Toughness, Spell Resistance and developing the Celestial Magic Focus and Lore works wonders. You can have an instant casting heal spell(Hallowed Restoration) that will replenish thousands of hit points of damage AND mitigate damage over time. You could also try a triple aspect seraphim, although you'd have to only go with CM Lore due to other skill requirements.

I'm guessing that you're playing a Seraphim. The main problem with the Spider Queen is that she is a spell caster. I've built my share of Seraphim's and did a tweak on the "Ultimate Dual Wield Invincible Seraphim build". A LOT of Seras go for the Divine Protection/Energy Shield route, but I have seen how good Spell Resistance is when mastered. In my opinion, if you want a no-holds-barred hard-to-kill seraphim then Toughness, Spell Resistance and developing the Celestial Magic Focus and Lore works wonders. You can have an instant casting heal spell(Hallowed Restoration) that will replenish thousands of hit points of damage AND mitigate damage over time. You could also try a triple aspect seraphim, although you'd have to only go with CM Lore due to other skill requirements.

isn't that a lot to expect from a level 33 in bronze? Haven't had all that much experience with what level should be how far along, but in my opinion with the fact that this unique boss was only a single level above me I was probably right about where I should be with regards to area and difficulty. She's a bit much.

my build, just for reference if I didn't say above, is dual wield, tactics lore, toughness, armor lore, with the points pretty even between the four. I leveled with most stats in str and the rest in vit. I mean she seemed pretty beast right up until that one boss. except maybe the phoenix but that was a few more levels difference when I got there. I was 30 it was 35? or something.

I normally play bronze just to modify a defensive buff or spell. Then I switch to silver just doing the main quest line. At gold I start to do the side quests with bosses.

The reason:
Beasts do more damage, you have better resists and more hitpoints to neutralize this
but
higher difficulty is better for item boni

So if 10 hits kill you in bronze and in gold, the block/reflect/evade chance in gold is better. So while in bronze the enemy may need 12 strikes to do 10 hits he might need 17 in gold.

So actually some bronze fights -if not already at level cap - might be harder than in higher difficulties.

---

Most of my early deaths were because of a failed heal potion spamming. If you start to quaff heal potions when nearly dead and they heal only 40% you need three to full recovery. But drinking fast lowers their effect....

Alchemy turns the 40% heal into 60 -95% depending how many points you spend. So most of my newer characters use alchemy. An alternative is to keep a regenerating buff or spell running - if the class allows it.

I knew about the potion reduced affects from spamming, but I didnt know that bronze has higher hit percentage. thats interesting.

I still think that with the minimal skills available at 33 that a 34 boss 1-2 shotting you is a bit over the top. you shouldn't have to over level by that much to complete the base level of the game. I'm in all rare/set armor and the same for weapons, with all my relics in the 40's, all my points in str n vit, and have both armor lore and toughness almost equal to my level and I was chopped down in less than 2 hits. Plus her stun rate is the real problem. she's stuns 90% of the time and each one lasts almost 5 seconds. all you can do is stand there and pot away. where's the fair challenge in that?