Armor loreless Dryad versus Carnach?

claudius

Hi I am trying to build a dryad and am in Platinum. The trouble is under seraphim island. The little mobs can hardly hit me because I have combat reflexes maxed and maybe 4 anneals (niob)... A dragon champ killed me but that was because I had no fire relic specced. With relics up now I beat the dragon boss.

So I got to fight Carnach and he just killed me! I was using goldenglade touch every time it wore off recast. And I was using a combo of black curse + ravaged impact (melee) to try to kill him. But like I say I died.

What is the problem do I need more anneals?

Here's my analysis of why I don't take armor

What is armor lore good for?

% armor increase - anneals and bark do this

regeneration penalty of armors reduced - dryad armor is not heavy

use higher level armors without speed reduction - THIS IS ONE THING I AM MISSING

unlock bonuses - no I am using set pieces

So is my analysis good? What can I do?

Here is my build

Melee Dual Wielding Bone Slicers!!

Tactics 75 (ravage impact, Sinister Predator, and dust devil modded)

Concentration 75

Dual Wield 5

Sword 5 (unlocks awesome boneslicer mods)

Nature Focus 31 (ancient bark and goldenglade touch modded)

Speed Lore 1

Combat Reflexes 75

Damage Lore 1

Capricious Hunter Focus 20

Voodoo Focus 31 (black curse and moribund animus)

I am guessing I need more anneals. I also think there is a gap of time in golden glade where I was vulnerable. My cooldown and regen is 13 seconds but the duration is 12 seconds.

Can I fix with gear? Or throw the build on the scrap heap?

With Reg per Hit my level 75 dryad which is played with 1 point in armour lore but no barkskin can keep goldenglade touch up all the time. So I guess you should be able to do the same, at least if you play Ice and Blood.

I noticed that I had to drink healing potions (boosted by alchemy) in addition when Carnach summoned champion elementals.

Perhaps the hitpoint regeneration per second of GT is too low if not boosted by nature lore?

You took a skill just to unlock mods on a single sword, yet you don't want to take armor lore, which offers like 4 bonuses? I've read the guide on how Dual Wield+Sword Weapons is good because of Boneslicer, but I'm not fully buying it. The two skills overlap so significantly, that I just can't see the value. IMO Chance to disregard armor is the only truly great modifier on the Sword, and it's just a chance, that can be obtained on jewelry and other items.

Ancient Bark works against you when fighting a fire monster like the Carnach. Sensitivity: Fire +20%

If you don't want to take Armor Lore then you should at least have Constitution instead, or Spell Resistance. Speed Lore is normally something of a waste, except you don't have Armor Lore so you're slow, slow, slow on foot I'm sure, but Constitution would be a great help.

What's your Divine Gift? If you've got Infusion it should help at the crucial moment when Goldenglad Touch wears off, though only once of course.

Keep the ideas coming. Flix, this was just an experiment. I was stacking as many offensive skills bonuses as possible because boneslicer gives a big bonus +offensive skills...

As far as slow movement, I wasn't slow because I didn't use any armor giving my self a penalty.

I'm trying to decide if I should make a change or just level up higher and go with this build. I was only level 81 on platinum Carnach and that's maybe part of the problem.

Chattius, that could be. I think also I had 1 second where Golden Glade Touch was not active. It lasted 12 seconds and had a 13 second regeneration + cooldown.

I've got a idea for rebuilidng. I still want to make an armorless dryad. Drop voodoo focus and speed lore and add combat discipline and nature lore.

Kill bosses with tangled vines from a safe distance :) The tale of the blade dancer will come eventually!!!!!!

I don't think the build is no good I just think you're gonna have it rough defensively as a melee character without Armor Lore. A Ranged/Magic Character could hack it, if they had light armors. Also if Toughness was available to the Dryad it would be a different story.

Edited by Flix

Thanks for the comment, Flik. I think the main hindrance from no Armor Lore is less access to armors without penalty to movement speed. Ravaged Impact doesn't 'play nice' with a unique mount.

So I am going to take Armor Lore and Nature Lore to raise armor mods and regeneration respectively. Those will fit in place of voodoo and speed lore.

• 2 months later...

I would suggest to Replacing Concentration with - Armour Lore , remove sword dual weild and vodoo , and add some resistence to yourself, toughness , Spell Resistence, also instead of Concentration use RPH sockets , but firstly, Expert Touch for Capricious Hunter , its going to make you go like a machine gun but with Combat Arts, imagine you hit twice as fast as normal hit :)). Also remove the speed lore , its realy useless better tale Riding lore and use the unique mount it will give you alot more speed and drops your combat art cooldown. Having concentration just for the 2 buffs, might be good as well. But the Barskin buff aint helping me that much so that depends on you.

Oh and no lifesteal, I find spamming SPACEBAR (for health potions) then having to hit the mobs to gain health is alot easier and safer when like 75% of your hp goes poff from 1 spell or 1 normal hit.

Edited by AngelShade
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Angel. I have made a melee dryad that went to niob.

I wanted to try without armor lore. So your suggestions I cannot take because they are telling me TO taking armor lore. I would never go without concentration on a dryad because the bark buff and the hunter buff are needed for melee or missile. Spells and you don't need.

I dropped Concentration and used RPH instead, farming enough can get you realy good RPH sokets wich will remove close to 0 cooldown without having to invest in something to drop your CA cooldowns.

EDIT: Just looked up my driad , I have concentration but at level 1 for dual buffs only. sorry if I mislead you, but having armor lore might be usefull.

Edited by AngelShade