Sacred 3 - Official Announcement Trailer

Chrona

Been away camping for a week and come back for this!! So good! Cannot wait!

Edit: For anyone interested the website has been updated with a little more info about the classes and so on compared to when I last saw it. You may have seen this already. It looks like the 'dragon mage' is a blood mage based on the info. The class bits are under the Game section on the site.

Hmm. The only way I could see it was to quote the post ... Wonder why I couldn't see anything otherwise?

[Added]

Even after quoting the post, I still can't see anything but I can copy the link while in edit mode and paste it into my browser to see the video.

What's going on here! :dntknw:

Should be fine now Spock. Your member group was being blocked for some reason... All good now!

Should be fine now Spock. Your member group was being blocked for some reason... All good now!

Actually no, I still cannot see or click on the video. Here is a screen shot of what I see:

post-763-0-69531000-1393009688_thumb.jpg

Ah ok. Well... Might be time for you to troubleshoot your OS and try other browsers. Maybe a setting you have on? :unsure:

Everyone, drop everything you're doing, and start working on S3 wiki nao!

lol, this is kinda what went racing through my head as I was watching the trailer... "OMG I have so much work to do now!" :oooo:

oooooooh, looks good. I just hope they stay true to the type of game we all like...

Delta!

Me too! Or better yet. I hope they borrow a lot from Sacred 1. When I saw the "blood" mage appear in the trailer, (gonna be THE best character in the game btw. Just sayin! :P ), I got the feeling that Keen games is borrowing a lot from the old Sacred 1 Battlemage. Which would be awesome! The Battlemage was TONS of fun.

The real question...... Will we have awesome mounts:)

Mounts! Oh yes, there must be mounts. If Sacred Citadel is any indicator to that affect then they should be interesting. :D

I cannot comment on the truthfulness of the PS3 justification, just that DS used that excuse the last time they announced the release of S3.

IIRC, PS3 and Xbox360 both use IBM POWER chips like older Mac's and the big IBM systems (like Watson), as opposed to the chips used in standard Wintel hardware. I believe both console platforms have dropped POWER for the latest systems. That in itself should make the process smoother for PC/console games.

Hopefully we will see some actual S3 game-play footage soon.

The real question...... Will we have awesome mounts:)

Kriv, heya!

Always thought mounts added good depth to the game, since the franchise started, they've always been there, would be thinking it'd be a bit strange if they weren't here in this incarnation

:)

gogo

oooooooh, looks good. I just hope they stay true to the type of game we all like...

Delta!

Hola!

yeah I'm hoping that the "spirit " is there, and I'm open to being convinced that it's possible to do it in a way that doesn't need a Blizzard budget...it's just gotta have some love and a true kinship to what the fans have loved about this game.

gogo

It looks like they're going with a "multinational" approach (each character class is named by their nation after all), but not a "multi-race" approach. "Races" in this case meaning humans and beings other than humans.

Curse my english. I thought of writing "multiracial" instead of "multinational" but mistakingly decided against it. One should not try being more politically correct at expence of being understood right.

And for some reason, I thought about likening to Dungeon Siege III from the very beginning of Sacred 3 discussion. A world that does not seem the same at the first sight, characters with fixed names, stories and professions, console-oriented development. I just hope that S3 would be able to avoid the same fate of nice-to-see-but-easy-to-forget game and would offer good dinamics and gameplay balance.

The other character classes are kinda bland. Big dude with big weapons, the "average" woman (calling her the Ancarian made me chuckle a little), pretty mage woman (sorry all love to the seraphim but she was always kinda 'yawn'), and ranger guy. At least none look copied out of other games but I don't think they've got much of voice yet.

The overall conception of: Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Ranger for these four is pretty standart RPG class approach. But that cliche can turn out interesting if the balance is right and abilities of these classes are fun to use. Seeing as they have some magical aspect added as a second skill, I hope it would be closer to the first Sacred where both elves, daemon and seraphim had secondary magical skills but it did not feel like an unnecessary addition slapped on top of a class.

I'm kind of intrigued by the "outta my way" approach to coop play. The Ancarian pushing the big dude back a step as she stepped forward into the fray. The "Victory is Ours, Glory is Mine" tagline. The "Outshine your friends" bit on the official site. I'm not judging one way or the other, good or bad. I think it's interesting, and I wonder how the attitude will factor into the feel of the gamplay.

Let's all pray to whatever powers we believe in that Flix turned out to be right and S3 offered a new approach to co-op playing. The developers' attitude on competitive co-op can mean two things - either "we have a new idea that can make our co-op more original and fresh than what other ARPGs have" or "we failed to make a normal party synergy and cooperative tactics so we decided to promote the game as a competition". It's obvious which is preferable. On a bright side - we won't be disappointed to not find many options to support our party mambers because the game focuses on different playstyle.

Now that looks more promising than the screenshots from 2012. Hope the actual gameplay is good, or at least as fun as the Dungeon Siege series. Keep an eye out for official petitions, as they are bound to miss good parts of the old game!

The Seraphim is back to the roster. That’s good. I don’t mind her looking like the High Elf.

Sadly, no Dwarf, Temple Guardian or any pistol in sight. Hope we get them in an expansion or two. :guns: Or at least have the ability to mod them in eventually.

Is the smoke guy supposed to be a merge between the Inquisitor, Battle Mage and Dragon Mage? Cool.

The archer is a tad too similar to the barbarian in muscle size.

Also, when in lore does this game take place?

• Like! 1

I do wonder how much freedom we will have in being able to choose which "aspect" we want to focus on... I really hope we aren't forced to rely upon physical combat and periodically pop off a combat art from the other aspect as opposed to being able to rely upon purely one aspect.

nooooooooooooooooo

I can honestly deal with a lot...but the lack of individual character customization would be a hard hill for me to overcome.

Gotta be magic, and lot of it

gogo

I'm kind of intrigued by the "outta my way" approach to coop play. The Ancarian pushing the big dude back a step as she stepped forward into the fray. The "Victory is Ours, Glory is Mine" tagline. The "Outshine your friends" bit on the official site. I'm not judging one way or the other, good or bad. I think it's interesting, and I wonder how the attitude will factor into the feel of the gamplay.

I caught that as well!

And how you've just analyzed the tagline is very interesting... do you think they could actually build both individual and team concurrently for gameplay?

gogo

Well, if nothing else, seeing the trailer and the art on the character profiles are making my pencil hand twitch a bit.

I just caught some of the Sacred 3 art on Facebook, they even had a contest

gogo