Grim Dawn: Act II Released!

Yes, 4 shared slots, but even that is not enough!

Torchlight 2 and Diablo 2 stash mods have at least 100, and the Diablo Pluggy mod has something like 1000, with buttons to skip in 10s/100s. So I put each major item type every 10 stash spaces apart.

I mean the game has at least 100 uniques, and each can have varying rolls, and the devs should know, no one wants to dump any uniques! So logically they should provide at least double the needed space to hold all of them. Then you have rares...

Each stash space is tiny, in terms of memory, so I don't know what the deal is. It's 2015!

Not a fan of these old school inventory tetris systems. I'd rather have a folder system with thumbnails of item, with columns to sort them out by any catergory you want, with filtering and a search engine....

Edited by CoolColJ

Worst thing for me is components...since the completion bonuses have about 5-10 variations, you can't stack them. I have at least 15 of all the lower level ones....Polished Emeralds anyone?....but I hate to throw them out since I haven't seen all the blueprints and I just know once I toss them out I'll need a bunch to make something.

I literally have 4 or 5 shared stash files with nothing but components....really hope GD stash mod gets made because I have no clue how to do it.

One thing I didn't like about Titan Quest was the artifact recipes. I would find a recipe in Legendary that required me to assemble things I found in normal. So if I only play 1 toon I have to farm stuff and earn zero xp. I think it is cool to have things like that that require farming. But I think that the equip slot should not be vacant for people who don't play more than one toon. Sort of like Sacred 2 had legendaries of which I only found 2 in years and years play. You would have enjoyed the legendary but there is no empty equip slot if you DON"T find them. So with artifacts I always installed the 'no artifact ingredients' mod. I WOULD like both playstyles rewarded of having special recipes but not leave a gear slot vacant for people who only play one toon. This is especially true for 'untwinked' play throughs which is the way I played.

Well the only thing that really is a bit of a pain to fill is the relic slot. A few start at level 18 but most are level 25 and those are just the 'basic' ones. There are 3 tiers of relics and I have only found one blueprint for the middle tier and none for the highest tier, though I believe these will become easier to find as the level cap increases.

Worst part is the ingredients for them....some will only be found farming bosses....so far I haven't really tried to make many though they do look pretty good.

oh wow I didn't know what city the campaign ended (so far in development) at. I played this game all last night and fell in love with it. I got to 'burrwitch' or whatever with a fight against 3 bosses. I was hoping that was like 'act 1' not even done. I am level 21 I think. Playing a nightblade which was a blast.

It's a really great game so far though. I can imagine SOOOO much replayability whether online or single player. I love the game.

You're still in Act 1 :) Sounds like you might have made it to the Warden which is at the end of it. There are 2 more acts to go with a fourth in development. There will be 4 acts total with 3 or 4 difficulty levels. Level cap right now is 50, though at release I believe it will be 75.

There are a couple hidden areas and a challenge dungeon in right now with more expected.

The re-playability is huge. I have over 1600 hours in so far and haven't tried half the builds I want to.

cool Knuckles maybe we will see each other. I am on 50 hours so far. Probably the most fun I've ever had in a video game. I loe so many things about the game. I've been since tonight playing on a multi server as a host and I named it darkmatters password gogo (as someone suggested).. edit: also I am playing veteran hardcore.

Edited by claudius

Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to do some MP...been kind of crazy at work...quite a few 14-18 hours days lately....mostly on top of looooong poles :)

Had some powerful thunder storms go through a couple times last week and took out a few antennas (luckily nothing we had put up...this one was for the electric company...they didn't ground the pole/antenna to specs so they now get a new antenna :))

840e0cd5-1cf9-4fc1-85bd-cf917df8fc49_zps

I should have Friday night and most of Saturday to play

I sort of play Veteran Hardcore...,early on in the Alpha I was crashing more often (and even then only maybe once every 2-3 hours) so I would die fairly regularly to bugs. So what I would do is play Softcore and if I died to anything other than a bug I would delete character (though I would save all the gear).

Even now just to keep it fresh, I wipe all characters and stash after a major update. B26 just came out and been busy at work so I haven;t played much. My highest character might be level 10 lol.

• Like! 1

Sorry to whoever came in my game and I had a phone call. It was good to see someone join! I think I need more practice I am not used to multiplayer!! Double adrenaline in hard core that you have another teamate to consider. But I like single player better because you can chill out between monster packs and not always be wondering where your teamate is going to go.

Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend to do some MP...been kind of crazy at work...quite a few 14-18 hours days lately....mostly on top of looooong poles :)

Had some powerful thunder storms go through a couple times last week and took out a few antennas (luckily nothing we had put up...this one was for the electric company...they didn't ground the pole/antenna to specs so they now get a new antenna :))

840e0cd5-1cf9-4fc1-85bd-cf917df8fc49_zps

I should have Friday night and most of Saturday to play

I sort of play Veteran Hardcore...,early on in the Alpha I was crashing more often (and even then only maybe once every 2-3 hours) so I would die fairly regularly to bugs. So what I would do is play Softcore and if I died to anything other than a bug I would delete character (though I would save all the gear).

Even now just to keep it fresh, I wipe all characters and stash after a major update. B26 just came out and been busy at work so I haven;t played much. My highest character might be level 10 lol.

good lord, another high wire photo... and I just got vertigo from a flight of stairs at work!

:lol:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

act one is clear with three chars...now I am "working" at act two! ;)

The new build is going to re-balance a lot of stuff but once you're at the end of act 2 make sure you start paying attention to your resists...especially Aether (end of Act 2 and Act 3) and Chaos (Act3). Otherwise it can be rough going

I.e. No or little Aether resist while exploring the Conflagration (Act 3 near Homestead)....you'll know what I mean when you get there :D

• Like! 1

I'm really enjoying this game so far. I finally took advantage of my pre-order and got the "early access" through Steam the other day. I made a Warlock (Arcanist + Occulist) and have him at level 22. I'm mostly using Arcanist for damage spells and just using Occulist for the pets. Going through the beginning of Act 2 now (I believe? the acts don't seem to be labeled).

The game has a really bleak story and aesthetic to match. At the same, it's really beautiful in an awful kind of way. And I love the music! It's so haunting and emotive. I tried extracting it with some of the Titan Quest tools but the files wouldn't play. Is the soundtrack available anywhere?

I'm super excited and impatient for the next build to be released. :) I'm thinking a Soldier + Shaman sounds like a really solid fighter.

Yeah the Acts aren't really defined...it was more a way to describe content as it's released. If you visit Grim Dawn forum they'll refer to the acts as follows...

Act I is up to the Warden's Cellar.

Act II is up to Smuggler's Cave

Act III part 1 is up to Homestead

Act III part 2 is rest of content after Homestead

Build 27 (due out later this month I think) will also include a side area near Devil's Crossing

• Like! 1

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php

have had a look at the music tab? (sorryif it isn't helping...could not see the content at work! :dntknw: )

Thanks, there were a few samples there, nice but not much to listen to. As it turns out, I was entitled to a free digital download of the soundtrack since I pre-ordered the "Pioneer Edition" all those years ago (been so long I forgot what all I bought). I'm downloading it now.

There's also some exclusive items I get apparently (Swashbuckler's Coat and Burrwitch Brew), though I don't know if they were discontinued or just not created yet or what.

Yeah the Acts aren't really defined...it was more a way to describe content as it's released. If you visit Grim Dawn forum they'll refer to the acts as follows...

Act I is up to the Warden's Cellar.

Act II is up to Smuggler's Cave

Act III part 1 is up to Homestead

Act III part 2 is rest of content after Homestead

Build 27 (due out later this month I think) will also include a side area near Devil's Crossing

Is there expected to be an Act IV then? Something that takes up all that area south of Devil's Crossing?

Edited by Flix

There will be an Act IV, last act included in release....it will be laden with Chthonic creatures. If you have made it north of Homestead you may have found the Ashen Wastes. Guess that is a small taste of what Act IV will be like

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22897

AFAIK the exclusive items will be included in game but only at release

• Like! 1