Dual wielding one handed range weapons

So, as the title suggests, how hard would it be to make? So far it seems to me you cant dual wield them with the skill dual wield and ranged weapons. Would be cool to dual wield two of these energy weapons for instance

• Like! 1

Yeah, that crossed my mind a couple of times when playing the game.

Sadly, this would require making new animations, as only 1-handed gun animations exist for shooting. Even if you could equip both, you would not be able to see them fire at the same time, unless you want to go into detail remodeling of GR2 files, or find a close substitute.

> ".. this would require making new animations.."

Good thinking. Plus it would also require a new weapon family, that allows a handgun to be place in both hands. I don't think this can be done in the scripts.

• Like! 1

That question was asked of CM patch developers more than once and Czevak always responded that it is technically impossible. I guess the original game developers did not want to handle all possible combinations of dual-wielded weapons, like gun+gun, sword+gun, gun+throwing weapon and other things like that. Because of that dual-wielding ranged weapons is just impossible.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Like! 1

One thing I would like is that if Magic Staves could both shoot projectiles when Dual Wielded. Beginning with Ice and Blood, the Magic Staves skill makes staves shoot ranged projectiles. But, when dual wielded, only the main hand staff shoots. This would be the closest thing to firing with both hands that may actually be possible.

• Like! 1

Yeah that might work! But even if you took Dual Wield so you could equip both of them, only the main hand would shoot (unless that limitation could be overcome).

I guess that was the universal solution to equipping mismatching weapons - no matter whether both of your weapons can shoot, or one, in practice only one would. It's a hardcoded limitation. And well, making Desert Eagle or Winchester a magic staff is possible (rather coll idea actually), but how will it be wielded in close combat? As I remember, magic staffs shoot only while enemies are quite far, when they come close the character goes melee.

• Like! 1