"..wont have any success with fire in this region."

I won't have any success with fire in this region- hope my memory got it close enough.

First thing I noticed playing Gold vs original Sacred when Gold arrived was the comments by the characters were no longer rooted to reality- they could say any of their phrases in any situation and region, with it being a crap shoot as to whether or not they were accurate or appropriate. It's as if Gold discarded whatever script or software directives were there and put a random generation to speech for the characters.

OK, so I'm no longer a trained observer and my memory is suspect- but in original Sacred when a character warned me that fire was useless in that area I did not use fire. And they seemed to be right, most of the time. Now they are right very little of the time.

It's been a long time, and I don't have original Sacred up and running yet to compare- does anyone know?

• Like! 1

I won't have any success with fire in this region- hope my memory got it close enough.

First thing I noticed playing Gold vs original Sacred when Gold arrived was the comments by the characters were no longer rooted to reality- they could say any of their phrases in any situation and region, with it being a crap shoot as to whether or not they were accurate or appropriate. It's as if Gold discarded whatever script or software directives were there and put a random generation to speech for the characters.

OK, so I'm no longer a trained observer and my memory is suspect- but in original Sacred when a character warned me that fire was useless in that area I did not use fire. And they seemed to be right, most of the time. Now they are right very little of the time.

It's been a long time, and I don't have original Sacred up and running yet to compare- does anyone know?

I'd forgottenhow the game would cue us to the elements being used to help us out. I'm not sure if I remember whether they were on point on not accurately, but so little was published (the style for this game back then) that all little tidbits were wholly welcomed... at least until they didnt match what was happening and I died

:lol:

gogo

Still, its not so bad. Those PC comments about damage type protection don't detract much from the game.

On the other hand, I saw included PC commentary for meeting the bosses, but never heard them in-game. What is up with that?

Still, could be worse. In Diablo II 1/5 of the PC comments are included, but not implemented.

The PC comments on things in Diablo 2 lol? (Besides "I can't carry anymore"..."My inventory is full..."). Oh yes, and after defeating the bosses. Would have been nice to hear more out of them. I remember writing my own background stories for them back in the day to give them some personality.

Boss comments in Sacred 2 would have been pretty cool to have added. I noticed there were also a lot of unused comments from NPC's asking about the bosses after you defeated them ("Was the Troll Chieftan mean?" "I hope you skewered that giant scorpion..." etc.).

Edited by Flix

The PC comments on things in Diablo 2 lol? (Besides "I can't carry anymore"..."My inventory is full..."). Oh yes, and after defeating the bosses. Would have been nice to hear more out of them. I remember writing my own background stories for them back in the day to give them some personality.

You can find Diablo 2 extracted resources here:

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-misc-forums/diablo-legacy-forums/diablo-ii/72891-download-diablo-ii-music-cinematics-and-speech