Elite Mounts Project

Just why are you sure that the Sacred 2 devs did it? If they did such testing, most probably it was done with special test version, where collisions just were not compiled into the code, or by playing in test mode where modules of the game engine can be turned on and off from console. One thing that has to be understood - "no collision" behavior is not achieved by adding a special mechanic, but by removing collision handling from the game. There is a giant script called collision.txt that describes just how big a distance should be kept from each model in game, and it regulates all collision mechanics in game. There is no way of removing collisions just for the mount, only for the game in general, and then it would look very broken. Removing collision to allow flying above rivers might not sound bad, but it would also result in flying through trees, houses and NPCs, in characters walking the riverbeds, in characters sinking through the hills etc.

Thats true silver , but its a start XD. From what I've understood on what you wrote , that means its imposible. Im realy dissapointed in ascaron devs for not creating a awsome editor like Warcraft 3 has , or Torchlight 2 , that wouldve been to awsome .

Offtopic : I know this is offtopic but since im already writting here, does anyone have any clue if someone asked for the ascaron devs (Wich I can see they are still active by creating unbended) to create a editing tool for Sacred 2 ?

Edited by AngelShade

Here is the Dragon video I said I'd upload. It's just a quick demonstration of how it looks when walking and flying.

Wow

The actions and flight just astonished me now

Can't believe this is possible!

:)

gogo

Ok now that's amazing!! Why does the HE get a dragon though? Why not the DM instead? or are you using the HE for testing? I love these projects because they always uncover what this game can do and what can be done to it. It seems like a lot but I think we've just scratch the surface. I have an idea would it be possible to make anything mountable with a little editing? I would love to the TG get to ride on one of the un-named guardians around.

I wonder if this could be done in S1 I would really love to see someone make a mule or donkey mountable for the dwarf.

I do think the elf and dragon look good don't get me wrong. I could come up with some ideas, not sure if it's workable or anything. Is this project aiming towards things that can fly or any creature? I have some possible creatures not sure what character they should be used for.

griffon maybe for seraphim something along the lines of the white griffon because of the energy look of the wings.

hydra maybe for SW

flying demon or the big green scorpion maybe for inquistor

namelass guardian for temple guardian

one of the jungle cats or a bear for the dryad I would like to one colored as a jaguar or leopard

Any ways I think those would be kinda cool to see who know maybe I picked something that is already done.

• Like! 1

Hell YES! Nothing says "I had enough of this" like a tank!

Brings back memories of me going through the crystal arena of the Winged Ones in Seraphim ice lands. Lets just say it was a very short and onesided tournament.

• Like! 1

Great write-up Silver Fox. You've done an excellent job introducing them and grounding both them and our trader in the game-world.

Energy Core Mobiculum is my favorite. I'll try to put up a video tomorrow but I need to get the sounds working in my setup first.

Thank you very much for making the videos, Flix. They show the new mounts well - they have everything that people need to see and nothing that is beside the point. I added links to them to the first post, so that they were easier to find in the thread and more readers checked them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Another awesome project. Nice!

I like the idea to get that elite mount later in the campaign. But it should still be very hard to get, because it has to be something special, something not every player has.

In order to achieve that, the quest should take around twice as long as the Unique Mounts quest.

Maybe you also have another solution for that, but I cant think of any right now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well said Gilberticus! ;)

But to be honest, all the modders who are working either on the Community Patch or on the CM Itempatch gave us already more than we ever could expact for a Game which is taken for dead of its owner. Therefore we or at least I will be patient and wait what there is to come. So, please, take your time and make things fine! :)

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

where we can find him :)

I can't fin him in world of ancaria

72zus5.jpg

Somewhere in the world of Ancaria there is a priest who was destined to serve Gods in a remote location. He stays in his half-forgotten temple and rarely sees people except for hunters and travelling merchants who stop once in a while to make offerings to the Gods. This priest spends his free time breeding and training exotic creatures. Those rare times when he goes out of the temple, his pets usually follow him. He thinks that animals make good companions to lone travelers like him... and like you.

There are also some rumors that this priest does not mind experimenting with machinery, so maybe if you manage to find him and pay him a visit, he would show you results of his experiments.

With this, I start releasing the information about the Elite Mount project that had been in the works for quite some time. It began as a part of CM patch, then halted in its tracks and now is continued by me, Pesmontis and Flix as a part of the CM Items mod. As the mod is undergoing gradual integration into CM Patch, there is a possibility that the mounts would eventually return to CM proper and would be released as a part of CM v150. But it's just a possibility, and the first release, regardless of anything, would happen with CM Items mod, so this is the place to look for new mounts.

We are not going to tell you the exact location of the temple where the priest and his pets reside, but this thread would gradually fill you in on his merchandise, so stay tuned. There are plans to create new Elite Mounts for each of the seven playable characters - these mounts would be better than the original special ones, but the opportunity to purchase them would open up much later in the course of main campaign. A couple of Elite Mounts are ready, so it's more than just talk, others are in process.

Read on to learn more about the mount veriety:

High Elf's mount - the Dragon: Introduction and Stats - Video

Temple Guardian's mount - the "Buzzsaw" Mobiculum: Introduction and Stats - Video

Where I can get dragon mounts for high elf

hay.... silver fox please help me to get elite mount

• 3 weeks later...