Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

The T-Energy Dragon has always been a bit moody, don't know why but sometimes it just seems to "stall" (at least without EE, haven't met him yet with EE turned on). Anyway when it bites it bites, you can rest assured.

I can appreciate all your hard work Flix, you've done so much for this game already. :)

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Flix, what are the differences between the standard spawn.txt and the one in Superspawn, other than the different values in spawn numbers? I assume you made changes because of the different types of creatures present in EE? If you'd be so kind as to give me some insight on that it'd be great. Thanks.

Good evening,

I tried to find something specific in this topic, but I seemed to have missed it... or it actually wasn't mentioned. ^^

I am a huge fan of the Shadow Warrior and tried different things, recently the Shivering Miasma with the modifikation to lower enemy armor values. The testsubject has been a level 40 SW with Shivering Miasma on level 28 and the Nether Allegiance likewise on level 28. On silver difficulty I let those skeletons slay some Kobold Warriors in the elven region. They did some 350 to 380 points of damage. After that, the SW went close in and chilled some Kobold Warriors with the Shivering Miasma. The skeletons did 480 to 510 points of damage on them. That is about 40% more damage! Quite awesome mod! :viking:
I would like to ask what this armor-reduction is based on. The level of the Combat Art? Or is Astral Lore influencing it too? is there some formular to calculate it? I would realy like to have some more detailed values.

yours sincerely

Roderick

Edited by Roderick
I am not so good with english. At leats not as good as I want to be.
On 1/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Androdion said:

Hey Flix, what are the differences between the standard spawn.txt and the one in Superspawn, other than the different values in spawn numbers? I assume you made changes because of the different types of creatures present in EE? If you'd be so kind as to give me some insight on that it'd be great. Thanks.

Hey!  Purely the density (amount of enemies) of each mob is increased (by a lot).  There is absolutely no difference from base EE mod otherwise.

If you mean EE vs. vanilla CM 1.60, and now that I reread, I think you do, it's only the following two lines from the changelog:

* More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks -- search {874, to find all such entries.
    * Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests -- search {1998, and {2007, to find all such entries.

For the former, they replaced a small amount of Dark Temple Knights (which already spawned in proliferation).  For the latter two, they were added onto the existing list of spawns in the Crystal Plane.

7 hours ago, Roderick said:

I would like to ask what this armor-reduction is based on. The level of the Combat Art? Or is Astral Lore influencing it too? is there some formular to calculate it? I would realy like to have some more detailed values.

Hello Roderick.  Yes, you are correct, the level of Shivering MIasma will increase the armor reduction effect.  As far as I know, no skills or modifiers will increase the effect, although if you wanted to test and report back, you might prove me wrong! 

Unfortunately I don't have the exact values of how the property progresses.  All I can give you is an approximation based on the entry from the script, "spells.txt":

entry3 = {"et_provo_target", 150, 10, 1, 42 },

The important values there are 150, 10.  I believe this translates to 15% + 1% per level more damage.  What this actually does is make enemies more prone to damage.  It functions like the opposite of the modifier Damage Mitigation +X%.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello Roderick.  Yes, you are correct, the level of Shivering MIasma will increase the armor reduction effect.  As far as I know, no skills or modifiers will increase the effect, although if you wanted to test and report back, you might prove me wrong! 

Unfortunately I don't have the exact values of how the property progresses.  All I can give you is an approximation based on the entry from the script, "spells.txt":

entry3 = {"et_provo_target", 150, 10, 1, 42 },

The important values there are 150, 10.  I believe this translates to 15% + 1% per level more damage.  What this actually does is make enemies more prone to damage.  It functions like the opposite of the modifier Damage Mitigation +X%.

Hello Flix!

Thanks for your answer! 15% + 1% per would make 43% for this particular SW, which would perfectly fit the numbers.
Also, making them more prone to damage makes more sense than the text that their armor is reduced. Because the Kobold Warriors don't have ice armor, but the Shivering Miasma dealt 130 Damage to them, whilst doing only 85 per description.
That's AWESOME! I mean, this should work in addition to any other damage increase from skills and items, since it effects the enemy and isn't added to your own increases. :woot:

I surely don't _want_ to prove you wrong. :smile: I will just save up some skillpoint to raise Astral Focus 10 level at once and test again. But since those numbers you gave me hit perfectly, I think that is all to it... I mean, 15% + 1% per CA-level is strong enough I think. :D

yours sincerely
Roderick

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

Hey!  Purely the density (amount of enemies) of each mob is increased (by a lot).  There is absolutely no difference from base EE mod otherwise.

If you mean EE vs. vanilla CM 1.60, and now that I reread, I think you do, it's only the following two lines from the changelog:

* More Dark Paladins now spawn in the Dark Army's ranks -- search {874, to find all such entries.
    * Elite Aracin and elite Ursacin can now spawn outside of quests -- search {1998, and {2007, to find all such entries.

For the former, they replaced a small amount of Dark Temple Knights (which already spawned in proliferation).  For the latter two, they were added onto the existing list of spawns in the Crystal Plane.

That's it! Thanks a lot for the reply. :)

Went in after the Forest Guardian in Bronze (yes I'm playing in Bronze, sue me! :D) and it wasn't there. I went around the whole area and it just wasn't there to be found. Does it even spawn in Bronze, I mean it should right?

I don't know why he would be missing, he's one of a few bosses not even added to the game through scripts; he's added directly in the sector files, which I haven't touched for that area.

boss.jpg

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Went in after the Forest Guardian in Bronze (yes I'm playing in Bronze, sue me! :D) and it wasn't there. I went around the whole area and it just wasn't there to be found. Does it even spawn in Bronze, I mean it should right?

I think that's cool, breezing into the land of the Dryads in Bronze level. It's something that I have never done and I would imagine that it would be quite interesting. I have had that same thing happen as well, but in a different tier. The Forest Guardian was absent from that area altogether. It only happened once to my recollection, but it was puzzling, that's for certain. I went back in after closing out of the game and the raving, rampaging rooted rascal returned and with a vengeance.

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I think that's cool, breezing into the land of the Dryads in Bronze level. It's something that I have never done and I would imagine that it would be quite interesting. I have had that same thing happen as well, but in a different tier. The Forest Guardian was absent from that area altogether. It only happened once to my recollection, but it was puzzling, that's for certain. I went back in after closing out of the game and the raving, rampaging rooted rascal returned and with a vengeance.

I thought that could be the case, but after a reload it's still not there which is odd. :mellow:

Anyway, why Bronze?! I'm pursuing a theory that Roderick put out on a Steam discussion we were having about power levelling, in that he said he rushed through Bronze with EE+Superspawn in order to be geared up for Silver at around level 40, keeping it easy because of the Bronze level cap and then rinse and repeat for Silver because now you're fully geared. And since I've had a few mishaps starting in Silver with EE+Superspawn I decided to give it a go and went back to basics. I had never played Bronze more than doing Ancaria Airlines and Feed the Poor to be honest! :D But ok the theory is sound and although the modifiers are what one would expect from the lowest difficulty level gearing up from scratch is more comfortable, with the added nuances that EE brings. Early 20-25 levels even in Bronze can be tricky if you get surrounded by several champions.

So that's that. No idea about the Forest Guardian and I'm playing the game again because it's fun again. I hope it lasts for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Hey Flix, you should probably check if there's something wrong with the current EE file. I went after the Forest Guardian with the same toon in Silver and it's still not there... :(

Thanks I'll check it out.  That and the Dragon AI are on my list right now.  I've got a brand new hard drive installed in my PC so I will have to reinstall everything.  I backed up all my mod development folders luckily.  May not get to it til this weekend though.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I'm playing EE with a dual-wielding SW and I got a Disturbance in the Force making use of Grim Resilience for added damage I thought to myself why not getting a Power of NIF from the Epic Office quest to accompany it. Sounded like a great idea so I went along with it. So I got the expected reward but to my surprise I suddenly realised that Stradal's Hammer has a different design on EE. Not only that but its life leeched per hit bonus was changed to %LL from opponents, which basically made me go out of my chair and do a jig.

It's worth noting that previously only Kaldur's Legacy had this modifier as a one-handed weapon, and since Stradal's Hammer is a fixed drop it will drop, unlike Kaldur's which is a nightmare to get. This opens a world of possibilities and allows for a better "late game" management since from Platinum onward it's very difficult to deal with some bosses without this modifier. Try playing a Magic Coup HE without this modifier and I'll guarantee you'll find it next to impossible at higher difficulty levels, just to name an example. So yes I'm very happy with this change since fist weapons where apparently neutered (%LL only on unique/legendary items on EE 2.1).

It makes me wonder though, what other items did you change Flix? I've noticed that the legendary relics now have the bonus unlocked even without Enhanced Perception, but do you have a list of the altered items? Knowing you as I do I believe you have, I'm just not sure if you've posted that anywhere. Also here's and added thought. How about having a two-handed and a ranged weapon with %LL as part of a quest reward, making them fixed loot like Stradal's Hammer? If you already have a one-handed weapon as fixed loot why not having the other two to cover the range of possibilities?! You also have lightsabers as fixed drops, so it's just an added thought. ;)

• Like! 1

The item modifier related changes that I documented are listed below:

• All characters may now find bonuses to Enhanced Perception and Bargaining on their items.
  • Due to "Chance for Double Hit" modifier not being checked for ranged attacks, it has been replaced with "Opponent Health for Deathblow" on legendaries: Essence of Dark Matters and Aarnum's Pathfinder.
  • Due to the Pacifism skill being removed, bonuses to Pacifism have been removed from all items. Replaced with "Survival Bonus" on uniques.
  • Selling Price modifier removed from random items' bonus lists. Replaced with Survival Bonus on uniques.
  • Chance to Find Valuables modifier on Legendary Relics no longer requires the Enhanced Perception skill.
  • Decreased values of "Damage Mitgation: All +X%" equipment modifier to approximately 75% of the former values. This does not affect single element Damage Mitigation or Damage Mitigation granted by Combat Arts.
  • Decreased values of "Block Chance" equipment modifiers unlocked by Shield Lore to approximately 75% of the former values.
  • Rare-tier damage converters may now have a Chance for Secondary Effect +% based on damage type.
  • The player can now find unique damage converters which give additional Damage +% based on damage type.
  • Leech life from opponents (LL%) will no longer appear on rare items, only unique or better.
  • Regeneration per hit (RPH) will no longer appear on magic items, only rare or better.
  • Legendary jewelry now spawns with an additional bonus at level 75+, typically unlocked by skill mastery.
  • High level rare items now have a good chance for an extra bonus or socket.
  • Added racial damage bonuses to Bugslayer, Orcslayer, Dragonslayer, and Dragon's Nemesis.
  • Uniques are re-balanced. Overpowered weapons and shields now have reduced modifiers and fewer sockets, while underpowered items (particularly 2h weapons) have modifier boosts and more sockets.

But I'm guessing you wanted a more specific list regarding that final entry.  The item rebalance changes are mostly ported over from D2F, minus the renaming and the addition of new Diablo items.

You might review the D2F visual guide to uniques and/or peruse the D2F items thread to get some idea as to what to expect in EE.  If you see an item that has some newfound appeal, you can check for it on the guaranteed quest rewards list for Enhanced Edtion, available here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lHD0Dw93ThzY9McCTTVZHAgsvn_aivqW/view

It's not a perfect method because a lot of items got renamed in D2F (e.g., Stradal's Hammer is Schafer's Hammer), but it should hopefully help understand what's going on in EE.

If you want a ranged weapon with LL%, you can get the Star of Astaroth by completing the Unholy Crusade quest in Artamark.

What you wrote does make me think that some modifiers like LL% should have been more evenly dispersed in the unique/legendary selection.  I feel like there should be at least one unique/legendary of each weapon type that has that modifier.

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

But I'm guessing you wanted a more specific list regarding that final entry.  The item rebalance changes are mostly ported over from D2F, minus the renaming and the addition of new Diablo items.

Indeed that was what I was asking. I did read the EE changelog like you posted above and the EE Quest Rewards after killing Holos and getting a Bergonix' Judge (the look on my face then!). I did so because I wanted to understand what and where those fixed drops are, and then I realised that the Crimson Vengeance sword I was wearing was just a random drop (yay for legendaries!). I've downloaded the Visual Guide and it's immense, but I think I'll have some fun browsing it.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

If you want a ranged weapon with LL%, you can get the Star of Astaroth by completing the Unholy Crusade quest in Artamark.

Totally forgot about it, you're absolutely correct. I even used to use it in order to farm the Egg at the Guardian's chamber before I started playing with EE.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

What you wrote does make me think that some modifiers like LL% should have been more evenly dispersed in the unique/legendary selection.  I feel like there should be at least one unique/legendary of each weapon type that has that modifier.

Yeah, I think that since you've restricted that modifier to uniques and above the idea of fixed drops for such game-changing items would be interesting in terms of progression in the long run, as well as character plan up. I stopped playing MC HE because it needed a bargainer to feed it those weapons, since Kaldur's Legacy barely ever drops anyway. So it would make sense to have different types of weapons with %LL as fixed drops in long chain quests. Another thing that would be interesting would be to have mini-set items drop as quest rewards, since some are legendary-like in their willingness to (not) drop.

Now bear with me for a minute because now this gets technical and I may ramble a bit. :D Is it possible to make these specific items that are fixed drops as quest rewards absent from random drops? I have no idea if by removing an item from the drop lists it will affect its possibility for a fixed drop. Or in other terms, I have no idea if fixed drops and random drops share the same "base drop list", but if they don't it would be an interesting idea to have fixed drops absent from random drop lists as for the only way to obtain them would be making that particular quest. You want more interest in questing? Yes please. But alas I'm not sure if it's possible. Never had a Kira's Wall drop anywhere else, be it vanilla, CM 1.50, CM 1.60, EE 2.1, nothing. Yes it's overpowered as hell but it just won't drop. If it would be fixed though...

One thing Hooyaah and myself were discussing the other week was that with the amount of set items that CM introduces it becomes harder to complete sets. So if it would be possible to make mini-sets fixed drops and remove them from the random pool it would also increase the possibilities of completing the character-specific sets. But it all depends on the technical aspects of the drop lists, which again I have no idea how they work. The idea seems interesting though. :)

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Flix said:

The item modifier related changes that I documented are listed below:

• All characters may now find bonuses to Enhanced Perception and Bargaining on their items.
  • Due to "Chance for Double Hit" modifier not being checked for ranged attacks, it has been replaced with "Opponent Health for Deathblow" on legendaries: Essence of Dark Matters and Aarnum's Pathfinder.
  • Due to the Pacifism skill being removed, bonuses to Pacifism have been removed from all items. Replaced with "Survival Bonus" on uniques.
  • Selling Price modifier removed from random items' bonus lists. Replaced with Survival Bonus on uniques.
  • Chance to Find Valuables modifier on Legendary Relics no longer requires the Enhanced Perception skill.
  • Decreased values of "Damage Mitgation: All +X%" equipment modifier to approximately 75% of the former values. This does not affect single element Damage Mitigation or Damage Mitigation granted by Combat Arts.
  • Decreased values of "Block Chance" equipment modifiers unlocked by Shield Lore to approximately 75% of the former values.
  • Rare-tier damage converters may now have a Chance for Secondary Effect +% based on damage type.
  • The player can now find unique damage converters which give additional Damage +% based on damage type.
  • Leech life from opponents (LL%) will no longer appear on rare items, only unique or better.
  • Regeneration per hit (RPH) will no longer appear on magic items, only rare or better.
  • Legendary jewelry now spawns with an additional bonus at level 75+, typically unlocked by skill mastery.
  • High level rare items now have a good chance for an extra bonus or socket.
  • Added racial damage bonuses to Bugslayer, Orcslayer, Dragonslayer, and Dragon's Nemesis.
  • Uniques are re-balanced. Overpowered weapons and shields now have reduced modifiers and fewer sockets, while underpowered items (particularly 2h weapons) have modifier boosts and more sockets.

You might review the D2F visual guide to uniques and/or peruse the D2F items thread to get some idea as to what to expect in EE.  If you see an item that has some newfound appeal, you can check for it on the guaranteed quest rewards list for Enhanced Edtion, available here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lHD0Dw93ThzY9McCTTVZHAgsvn_aivqW/view

It's not a perfect method because a lot of items got renamed in D2F (e.g., Stradal's Hammer is Schafer's Hammer), but it should hopefully help understand what's going on in EE.

I just downloaded the visual guide too...this is awesome!!

:superman:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
5 hours ago, Androdion said:

Is it possible to make these specific items that are fixed drops as quest rewards absent from random drops? I have no idea if by removing an item from the drop lists it will affect its possibility for a fixed drop. Or in other terms, I have no idea if fixed drops and random drops share the same "base drop list", but if they don't it would be an interesting idea to have fixed drops absent from random drop lists as for the only way to obtain them would be making that particular quest. You want more interest in questing? Yes please. But alas I'm not sure if it's possible. Never had a Kira's Wall drop anywhere else, be it vanilla, CM 1.50, CM 1.60, EE 2.1, nothing. Yes it's overpowered as hell but it just won't drop. If it would be fixed though...

It is absolutely possible.  Think of quest.txt and drop.txt as two different sources of getting drops.  They both draw separately from entries in blueprint.txt.

So it's entirely possible to remove the blueprints from drop.txt and add them as quest rewards in quest.txt.  You could get a piece of a mini-set for each step along the way on a long chain quest, or get all pieces all at once at the end. 

The only thing you can't do wtih quest rewards is make them draw from a pool of possible rewards (and this kills me).  So for example, I couldn't make a quest give a random set item as a reward (like maybe you'll get Kira's Wall, maybe you'll get Nitao's Black Death, etc.).  The rewards have to be specific.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

It is absolutely possible.  Think of quest.txt and drop.txt as two different sources of getting drops.  They both draw separately from entries in blueprint.txt.

So it's entirely possible to remove the blueprints from drop.txt and add them as quest rewards in quest.txt.  You could get a piece of a mini-set for each step along the way on a long chain quest, or get all pieces all at once at the end. 

The only thing you can't do wtih quest rewards is make them draw from a pool of possible rewards (and this kills me).  So for example, I couldn't make a quest give a random set item as a reward (like maybe you'll get Kira's Wall, maybe you'll get Nitao's Black Death, etc.).  The rewards have to be specific.

Then it's pretty awesome, well apart from not being able to randomise a tier 15 item. Still I think it's a very interesting approach to rewards, and it would surely help rebalance the character's set drop rates. Like Hooyaah said and I agreed there's just a too big of a pool right now and a lot of mini-sets keep dropping instead of the more specific character sets. So removing them from drop.txt and assigning them to quest.txt would probably improve this. And it would in turn give players an added motivation for questing instead of just grinding, as well as making way for added character planning. Want to play with a specific item that never drops, base a build or a build's approach to it? Now you can, with a bit of work.

What do you think, is it a worthy development? ;) If you do I'd say that the higher the tier the farther down the Wastelands the quest should be, as to power balance things. Having a Kira's Wall at early stages of the main quest feels like a no no, but getting to it when nearing the endgame feels much more interesting. I guess that this could be a way around one of the game's biggest issues, the fact that you can spend years playing it and never have items from certain tiers drop. Randomising quest rewards would be incredible for legendary rewards, but alas if it's not possible then there's no point in keep thinking about it.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Flix. A word on the Gar'Colossus if you will.

I just had my SW die to it in Niob with a 22 level difference, so nearly 90% of SB out of the window. Sure I'm banging my head against the wall, but more than that I'm curious as to how the hell it killed me since I was hitting him with Frenzied Rampage with 3,5%LL! How come it just started throwing fists at me (that jab jab jab CA it does) in the middle of it and my toon dropped dead in two seconds? How is it that I can easily kill Bloodclaw, which is a tough mini-boss and hits hard enough, and then a simple attack from the Gar'Colossus while I'm leeching for 3,5% (I can't stress that enough) is enough to kill me just like that?

If I have 35k HP at level 138, over 1,6k/sec regen and I'm leaching a monster with around 1 million HP for 3,5% per hit when I'm casting Frenzied Rampage at well over 150% speed, and that freaking thing still kills me, don't you think that "jab jab jab" might be a bit unbalanced?! I just can't understand the numbers here. Unless I'm mistaken just about any toon would die being hit by that attack. Is that on purpose?

PS: On a completely unrelated note, one-handed yellow lightsabers spawn from a few specific quests like Manners Maketh Kobold, The Dream Vampire and a few more. But they all suck! I'm not sure if this is a problem prior to EE 2.1, but the fact is that those weapons always spawn with bonuses to different classes on the same item. Like one bonus to a Dryad and one to a Seraphim, stuff like that. So they're pretty much unusable. Yellow two-handed lightsabers drop here and there and they're totally fine in terms of bonuses, but the one-handed ones never drop during the game, and when they drop on those specific quests you can forget about using them.

I've played through all difficulty levels and spent over three and a half days of game time, did all of Tyr Lysia and was half-way through Artamark in Niob doing every single quest. So far I can say that I haven't noticed any issues with EE 2.1 other than the few specific things I've been posting about, though I didn't make a full run on all quests in the game.

I think I know what's causing this.  It's not the EE, but CM Patch 1.60. 

One of the many points of contention during patch development was removing double attack animations from the player's and NPC's pool of animations, because they couldn't actually trigger more than one hit if used as a normal weapon attack.   Ironically the modifier "Chance for Double Hit" didn't actually make use of these animations, instead just damaging the enemy twice with whatever random attack animation happened to be used at that moment.

Still, I wanted to leave the animations in, but Dmitiry did not.  As a compromise, we removed them from the pool of default attack animations, and instead made a new combat art that we called "doublehit_attack_ca" that is designed to only use the double hit attack animations.  This only applies to enemies; players just lost those animations completely. 

Anyway, the idea was that this new double hit CA would be given no special properties, just use regular 100% weapon damage, so it would blend in seamlessly with the NPC's other melee attacks.  The Gar'Colossus was one such enemy.

Unfortunately it looks like the CA is actually multiplying the damage by 100%.  

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 0, 0, 9 },

That's the line Dmitriy wrote (yes I'm throwing him under the bus; though I should have caught this too), where instead it should probably be something like: 

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1, 0, 0, 9 },

TL;DR:  Gar'Colossus and a handful of other enemies were inadvertently given a powerful double hit CA in CM 1.60.  It will be up to us to correct this via mods.

• Like! 1

Crickey, no wonder I dropped dead so fast! Still, if that's a CM 1.60 issue how come it's so much more noticeable on EE 2.1? Is it the added difficulty and its curve reaching Niob?

Since I'm mentioning balancing in EE 2.1, you might want to check the Elite Temple Guardian traps. In short they redlined that same SW in Platinum, and after loosing my SB in Niob I went to the Great Machine via LAN and at character level they did so even more. In Platinum I was left with 20% or so of my total HP, but in Niob it was more like 5%. I reckon that had I tried it with the 87% SB I had before it'd kill me on the spot. Sure, it's easy to avoid them but you can accidentally walk over one and it'll be a one-hit death. I don't even have the guts to try facing the Abishai as it is, he has four different traps and is as tough as nails so I suppose he'll be next to impossible to beat if you accidentally step on one of his traps?! It might be so.

About Gar'Colossus, same happened to my Dragon Mage and only in Gold. Sustained pretty much everything until then, went to Dragon Berserk and single blow killed me. Should have just stayed back and spam Dragon Strike/Mind Blast.

After that started SW on silver and built it defensively. No problem until on that Seraphim Islands "Arena quest" the first single purpe demon came, took few hits with minimal dmg then suddenly BAM, I'm at 10% hp.

Weird dmg spikes from certain enemies, glad to know it's noticed and hopefully taken care of. :)

• The topic was pinned