Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

@Flix The Netherworld pet buff gets deactivated everytime she dies, something which the 2.4 Test version introduced.

I will revert to 2.3 until that gets fixed.

*Advertisemen* One of the advantages of the Modmerge System that I can switch versions with all my individual changes in 9 seconds. *Advertisement End*

Edited by Charon117
50 minutes ago, Flix said:

This is intended behavior. It's not a bug, It's a result of correcting her AI and summoning FX. 

But ... everytime she dies I have to resummon her, just like the dopperlganger. Whats the point of making her a buff, if she is just like a spell.

The reason I use her is because she doesnt take a spell slot, and I dont have to pay attention to her status.

Also I am getting a lot of screen-laggs-behind issue with 2.4, which isnt present with 2.3. So dunno what you did but thats also an issue.

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

But ... everytime she dies I have to resummon her, just like the dopperlganger. Whats the point of making her a buff, if she is just like a spell.

The reason I use her is because she doesnt take a spell slot, and I dont have to pay attention to her status.

Every summoning buff in 2.4 except for Nether Allegiance has this behavior now.  There's little incentive to take any defensive modifications or to try to keep the minions alive if they are immortal.  If they are too fragile, I will see about fortifying them some.

If you don't want to wait for 2.4 final release, and it really bothers you that much then find "in_uw_schaendung" and change the spellclass line to spellClass = "cSpellSkKohorte",

EDIT: And it's not "just like a spell" because you don't have to wait for cooldown or regeneration times to resummon, or for that matter, you don't have to endure the 15s unconscious time she used to have when she would "faint" and be useless.

2 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Also I am getting a lot of screen-laggs-behind issue with 2.4, which isnt present with 2.3. So dunno what you did but thats also an issue

@Flix That's normally caused by some high-polygon model. Sacred 2 graphics engine is, ahem, so Quasimodo sometimes. 

• Haha 1

A few things to write out:

Minions in Sacred 2 are next to useless. May it be because the AI is not the best, may it be because you cant see their hp, their stats, their weapons. Sometimes they attack, sometimes they dont. Sometimes you see how much damage they take, but you dont even know what it means because you have no clue about their max hp. All of this makes them bad for "game" play. Minions are nice if you can summon them, and forget about them, but thats the extend of their pleasureable gameplay experience, Having a pet feels nice because somebody else is fighting alongside you. Having a pet feels nice because they confuse enemy pathing, and you can enjoy bad pathfinding for your enemies for once. Having a pet feels nice when they unexpectly distract bosses.

So by all means, if you have an improved AI implement it, but not if you buy that improvement by completely destroying the gameplay of having a minion you can forget about.

I already find it distracting to constantly check my hp, which is conveniently not located near my spell bar. To constantly check if a buff is activated or not, just to resumon a next to useless minion breaks the very reason why you got such a buff in the first place.

The second thing is that 2.4 decreases performance, It feels like the game is constantly loading and deloading textures, an issue which is not present in 2.3.

For these reasons I wouldnt play 2.4. But you will see that propably when you release 2.4 to other players.

Edited by Charon117
7 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

The second thing is that 2.4 decreases performance, It feels like the game is constantly loading and deloading textures, an issue which is not present in 2.3.

For these reasons I wouldnt play 2.4. But you will see that propably when you release 2.4 to other players.

I just can't fathom why that would be; so few lines in mere handful of scripts were changed between 2.3 and the 2.4 test release.  I would have to compare each script in turn, assuming I even see the issue at all, which I haven't yet.

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

I just can't fathom why that would be; so few lines in mere handful of scripts were changed between 2.3 and the 2.4 test release.  I would have to compare each script in turn, assuming I even see the issue at all, which I haven't yet.

The only lead that I can give is that copying 2.3 over a 2.4 installation fixes the issue, which means it can be narrowed down to 8 files. Then run a diff on all of those files. But what it ultimately is ... is something I cant be helpful with.

I just checked it again, and the game just runs so much smoother as 2.3 than 2.4. Could be a dead end, but did you make any changes to the netherworld minion ? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Also, this issue could be exclusive to my setup, or my playstyle.

7 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

I just checked it again, and the game just runs so much smoother as 2.3 than 2.4. Could be a dead end, but did you make any changes to the netherworld minion ? Thats the only thing I can think of.

Also, this issue could be exclusive to my setup, or my playstyle.

I'll figure it out tonight hopefully.  You can try playing some in 2.4 without the Battle Daemon and see the result, should be obvious right away if she's the cause..  There are zero changes to the game world or the Inquisitor otherwise.

A few things I've been working on for the next release:

The core module (Original Spells) will now have the updated artwork for combat art icons and aspect backgrounds.  I had to make 15 new icons for the vanilla combat arts that had not been touched before.

AlFEnFgm.pngziLjC0Em.pngciJgw14m.pngsDaBtfum.png

emB1DMcm.png3U9wB6nm.pngdOmuhQvm.png

As always there will be a "Classic Icons" optional module to restore the art to vanilla for those who want it.

New Quest: "Elite Mounts." The elite mounts trader in the Jungle region now gives you a quest before he will begin trading with you, as a test of strength.  This is looooooooong overdue, and really should have been included in the first release of the Elite Mounts back when it was a standalone mod.

YePSc3Z.jpg

The Elite Mounts trader is still in the same place in the Jungle region, with the same lore and backstory that Silver Fox created for him.

usAnrmv.jpg

The quest continues the same theme as the original Special Mounts quest, and has you proving your strength by battling T-Energy creatures.  Since Hugard's quest left off with you fighting Ogres, Trolls, and Hydras, this quest will move on to the only thing even bigger: Dragons!

hK4gjlo.jpg

Defeat the Mutated Dragon in the T-Energy Field, then return to the Nameless Priest.  Once you turn in the quest, he will transition from quest NPC into Special Mount trader.  His stock remains the same as before.  Enjoy your well-earned Elite Mount!

x4mckFam.jpg   viLoxFpm.jpg

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Awesome! Hopefully no one else will complain about the easy access to an elite mount anymore, that T-dragon is a hard battle!

Keep it up mate!

Thanks man.  Let me ask your opinion.  I was considering making the original Special Mounts quest a prerequisite for receiving the Priest's quest.  In other words, you'd to do everything else as far as reaching Mount Island, and passing Hugard's trials first.  Only then would the Nameless Priest be available to give you Elite Mounts quest.  I might even make Hugard give you a hint to go look for the Priest at the end.

Does that sound like too much to do, or is the one Mutated Dragon not enough of a "gatekeeper"?

7 hours ago, Dax said:

Sometimes I ask myself where you got all the energy from. Great work, Flix! :thumbsup:

image.png.9086363ee22e582c79274ab896197ca7.png

:coffeecup:  Honestly if I didn't have such terrible migraines I would probably get more done.  Sometimes entire Saturdays go to waste because I'm nursing a headache instead.

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

code, content and community

you always seem to get it right 

Thanks boss. The latter has become more and more important to me as the years roll by.

Nescafe Dark Roast, intensity nine? It is like catching two million Volts, or getting chased by a pack of Lions.  No wonder you can work all day. :cstars:

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

Thanks man.  Let me ask your opinion.  I was considering making the original Special Mounts quest a prerequisite for receiving the Priest's quest.  In other words, you'd to do everything else as far as reaching Mount Island, and passing Hugard's trials first.  Only then would the Nameless Priest be available to give you Elite Mounts quest.  I might even make Hugard give you a hint to go look for the Priest at the end.

Does that sound like too much to do, or is the one Mutated Dragon not enough of a "gatekeeper"?

How about killing ALL dragons before getting to the special mounts? Nah, just kidding! ;)

The Mutated Dragon seems appropriate and having to visit the Mount Island and do Hugard's trial first to unlock the special mounts is fine with me too.

• Thanks! 1
11 hours ago, Flix said:

Sounds like a great idea, in the spirit of the game's chain quests. And let's face it, unless someone is going for the Temples achievement the Nameless Priest is really well hidden.

Is it possible to have the Nameless Priest NPC be like the Epic Office ones where it has an exclamation mark and will send you off unless you complete Huggard's quest before? That way it could be there for anyone venturing to that area and a player would be like "ok, so this must be part of a quest somewhere". After completing Mount Island and having Huggard mumble something about it his conversation/quest could trigger. No idea if it's possible script wise but sounds to me like an interesting implementation. As for back story, and since old T-bone is awol anyway, how about making the Priest having subtracted some of Huggard's stash to train it in "other ways"? Seems like a bit of lore into why Elite Mounts would trump Special Mounts, and with a gatekeeper challenge like the dragon it would be a proper challenge for a proper reward.

What's your opinion on my opinion? :D

• Thanks! 1
On 4/6/2020 at 6:37 AM, Androdion said:

What's your opinion on my opinion?

Sounds good.  I've decided to make either "Unique Mounts" OR "A Roof Over the Head" (the Blood Forest special mounts quest) prerequisites for receiving the Elite Mounts quest from the Priest.  Haven't written any dialogue linking them yet.

Some other quest-related changes for 2.4:

The Lightning Lord is coming to Enhanced Edition.

wYl7EYm.jpg

There is now a fifth Elemental Lord, attuned to magic damage: The Lightning Lord, with associated quest in Hissil'Ta. Fen Fires now spawn in his vicinity.

tpKqxUcl.jpg

Tizz'Agoz will give you the quest in the Ruins of Khatuz, which is right where you spawn when you first enter the Swamps.

LF22Pr5l.jpg

N2disgRl.jpg

Since the Lightning Lord gets the magic relic reward, the Earth Lord quest now grants the only physical-based relic, the "Wol" Sigil.

knXfWlWl.jpg

I took this opportunity to rework the resistances and spells of each Elemental Lord. They are basically in line with their D2F versions now. Each now has a significant vulnerability to a single element, corresponding to the armor displayed on their health bar. Physical mitigation is also reduced for all except the Earth Lord. In return they each have more crowd control resistance (Stun, Knockback, Fear, Root). They now each have new custom spells.

The other new quest-related elementals I made for D2F v14 will also be included.

9hqxNgRm.jpg   WF85Se0m.jpg   LLV6Oh5m.jpg   NpXXr4vm.jpg

The Water Elemental's reward is now a rare-tier ice relic instead of a junk one.  If you walk that far out of the way to the corner of the map, and pick up all those slimy dead frogs, you deserve something worth your trouble.

ZIKiFZUl.jpg

The Earth Lord has the lava fx on his skin cracks now. It looks less striking in a still photo, but much more dynamic in-game with the molten rock swirling around and glowing.  The old static glow visuals made him look he was wrapped in orange plastic.

0UAOcxil.jpg

One other quest change...

Ever since I started this game I always noticed this guy, Commander Elsurion (quests: "A Long Journey" and "Raiders") getting wailed on by boars and poked full of holes from bandit arrows, even though he behaves like any other neutral quest NPC and doesn't fight back.

aD0TJ0bl.jpg

I've even seen him get killed.  There's no reason for him to stand there and take it so I changed his faction so enemies ignore him.

By the way, something which I've noticed and might or might not be a bug:

I've started the dragon mage recently and I've noticed I can't place dragon's wrath, one of the new combat arts, in a combo ... nor can I place it in a buff (but that's more normal since it isn't one).

Is this a bug or is there some intended behvior which I do not see? Or some interaction with other mod, but I am only running CM patch last version and enhanced edition (with super spawn).

Not sure what it actually is just wanted to signal it just in case :) 

You can't place a Dragon Mage CA of any mod in a combo if it's original was one of the two CA's which transformed you: dragon form, dragon berzerk.

But better ask Flix to be sure ;)

• Like! 1
Just now, chattius said:

You can't place a Dragon Mage CA of any mod in a combo if it's original was one of the two CA's which transformed you: dragon form, dragon berzerk.

But better ask Flix to be sure ;)

That's correct, it is one of the "known bugs" listed on the file's download page and documentation.

Dragon's Wrath replaces Dragon Form, which is hard-coded to be disallowed from going into combos.

• Like! 1

I see, ouch! That will put a damper on my current build, but, as always, I'll find  a solution to adapt ;)

Perhaps it would be time for me to explore more combat discipline and the extra combo slot(s) it provides ... especially since I might go lighter on the lore skills and concentration ... we'll see ... well ... I'll see ;)

I am basically trying another 3 aspects character with dragon mage, to explore the changes in EE. And the bug mentioned notwithstanding (it's more of an annoyance than a real hindrance) I love it so far! 

I'll probably try this new dragon's wrath thingy and see how to combine with the new spell elemental strike ... I'm liking it so far. Also, I intend to add combat lore for extra secondary effects damage and have differents weapons slots dedicated to different damage types ... I am hoping to come up with something soon (though I have played far less Sacred 2 lately, hence my lack of presence).

I also have another build in the works ... but this one is more for joke-fun purposes ... a shadow warrior who realizes that he's a carbon copy of someone else and, seeing he's dead, wonders " WHY SO MUCH VIOLENCE IN THE WORLD!! Oh the humanity!! Oh the horror!!" .... but worry not, forens to the rescue!! And a few additional thingy to go along with it hehehe ... it's probably not gonna work but I wanna try ;) (also, good chance to see the changes in the divine devotion skill which is how I came to this strange idea in the first place). ;) 

• Like! 1

@Androdion   Alright I've tested the Elite Mounts prerequisite quests (Unique Mounts or A Roof Over The Head), and they both function as intended.  I've written new dialogue and epilogues to both quests pointing to search the Jungle for the Nameless Priest.

nBjn3jt.png  5IKt5WH.png

o8rTOJl.png   Jr1o0IV.png

Unrelated, I've made a new physical-damage based item that gets forged into the damage converter slots on weapons: the Ogre Knuckle.  It drops in magic, rare, and unique tiers.  They have a tendency to drop from Orc-type enemies, and Blacksmiths may also sell them.  These are the max level Niobium values:

C2MzX6N.png   swQFdoR.png

The quests' integration is excellent, congrats mate! I can see them being very fluid in their development. New items go in line with your recent talks about physical damage converters and are well achieved as well. One question though, they don't actually do damage conversion do they?! At least it doesn't show in the pics.