Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

Also, are you remembering to check this list for non-vanilla items?  http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Community_Patch_Unique_Items

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

I explained this to you a short while ago:smile:  This bonus was invented by Silver Fox for CM 1.50 to essentially cut through the enemy's shield in one hit.  It's also mentioned on the item's Wiki page.  The bonus functions as intended from what I remember.

Ahhh, that explains it. classical case of what we call "Betriebsblindheit", indeed I didn't see the community patch list and forgot your explanation:lol:

I don't understand why the POTENTIAL boni exist, honestly. I thought they were specifically there for items. But if the standard version works fine on as item modifiers, then what's the point? Granting your opponents more power for challenge mode?

27 minutes ago, Lindor said:

spells.txt: enemy_giftbiss does not have any tokens assigned.

:dntknw:  The effect, as you noted in your FX thread, has such odd visual behavior that I deemed it unusable and therefore not worth restoring.

6 hours ago, Lindor said:

bonus assigned is the one which only works for out-of-combat situations

Perhaps, "et_energy_load_all" should be used instead.

[EDIT] On another note, the Spellclass is specific. The bonus might work anyway. Gotta check the code.

59 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Perhaps, "et_energy_load_all" should be used instead.

[EDIT] On another note, the Spellclass is specific. The bonus might work anyway. Gotta check the code.

another possibility: et_shieldstrength_timed, as used by the great machine core to reload the nameless guardian shields.
The great machine core spells all start with "Boss_BM_core_" if you want to find it's spells and look yourself.

I don't understand why et_energy_load_all makes the tesla coils regen Kral's shields. From the bonus, it looks like it just gives Kral insane Aspect regeneration. Might include cooldown regeneration, if Kral's shield is like seraphim "Notschild", then maybe that's why: It resets the shield CA cooldown (didn't check wether that's true). But since Gar'Colossus shield is a buff, if that's true then it wouldn't work for him.

Another possibility is that it's the health regeneration part of the Tesla Coil's spell which loads the shield, because of some hardcoding, e.g. into the boss or the spellclass.

Kraal doesn't have an energy shield. Since that spell only currently works in PFP and D2F (the turrets lacked an appropriate animation entry to cast the spell originally), I don't think anyone ever noticed that the token isn't doing anything.  What it's meant to do is regenerate his combat arts and heal him.  Since enemies don't use CA regeneration, all it currently does is heal him.

I checked your animation.txt at the outset, and the turrets were lacking the animation that the spell is assigned.  I didn't playtest it so you may have had some other solution in place.

spell is "boss_flyer_aufladen", which expects "ANIM_TYPE_MAGICA". It is assigned to creature "Boss_ju_energystation", which lacks a MAGICA entry in animation.txt.

"models/objects/traps/t_lightningtower-jungle" only has death and idle animations scripted.  Interestingly enough, the MAGICA animation exists and is packaged with the game, it was simply never added to the animation.txt script.

With the fix in place this behavior is seen:

3e0ho5a.jpg  

Solution will be added to EE in the next release.  It might be worthwhile to brainstorm a suitable replacement for the "et_energy_load_all" spell token, that will actually benefit Kraal.

27 minutes ago, Flix said:

I checked your animation.txt at the outset, and the turrets were lacking the animation that the spell is assigned. 

Nevermind, just added the entry. And, there was a file in place.

34 minutes ago, Flix said:

Solution will be added to EE in the next release.  It might be worthwhile to brainstorm a suitable replacement for the "et_energy_load_all" spell token, that will actually benefit Kraal.

Looking forward to what you come up with xD 

Hey, I recently switched to 3.1 from 3.0 and started a new seraphim. And by level 30 I've already received several dozen Valkyrie's Profile helmets from quests. Almost every 3-star quest is dropping me two helmets in addition to one or two other items. 

Is this a bug, absurd chance, or am I missing something? Granted, I have tweaked the game quite a bit on top of EE 3.1 but I haven't touched the quest.txt

Not that I mind, of course - the helmets are good money and other items are still dropping too. But it is weird, that didn't happen on my EE 3.0 seraphim.

1 hour ago, RetsReds said:

Hey, I recently switched to 3.1 from 3.0 and started a new seraphim. And by level 30 I've already received several dozen Valkyrie's Profile helmets from quests. Almost every 3-star quest is dropping me two helmets in addition to one or two other items. 

They are constantly dropping from mobs. Consider it as an item of common rarity:D

There are some interesting SUBFAM's which are unused in itemtype.txt:

"SUBFAM_PRI_CHAINWEAPON"
"SUBFAM_PRI_FOIL"
"SUBFAM_PRI_WHIP"
"SUBFAM_ARMOR_BATTERY"

Especially the whip is interesting: there exist two itemtypes which use it, but the itemtypes are unused in blueprint.txt. They even have models already.
I'm considering reviving some of those. Maybe it's something for EE as well.

The subfams aren't used for two of those because they were divorced from their Classifications. Foil is used for the dex-based katanas.  Chainweapon is used for lightsabers. For Whips, the models aren't animated so they result in the player holding a straight stick.  Addendum/D2F features some properly animated lashes/flails, but the animations can't be applied to the vanilla models. There is some further reading to be found on the matter in the Cm Patch thread. I think I made a post as well. The Chronicle of the Flail.

2 hours ago, RetsReds said:

Is this a bug, absurd chance, or am I missing something? Granted, I have tweaked the game quite a bit on top of EE 3.1 but I haven't touched the quest.txt

Not that I mind, of course - the helmets are good money and other items are still dropping too. But it is weird, that didn't happen on my EE 3.0 seraphim.

Let's call it an absurd bug. :D

I tried to introduce unique items into the quest reward drop pattern but the game freaked out and now hands out unique items constantly.

I will fix in 3.2 coming by month's end.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Lindor said:

This may be a wierd question, but "MB_highelf_combomaster_staff"'s itemtype is classified as "CLF_POLE". Is this correct or should it be wizzardstaff?

Well that same model is used as a rare pole arm, so I would say it's just a mundane staff and is not imbued with any magical powers.

The classification and subfamily could be changed of course, without any gameplay effect, since he's not wielding it in combat, and without any visible effect, since polearms and 2h magic staves use the same animations.

subfamily    = "SUBFAM_PRI_MAGESTAFF_2H",
    classification = "CLF_MAGESTAFF_2H",

Generally of course a subfamily should not be changed lightly since it determines the animations used.

This has become more of an EE discussion, hope it's fine if I reply in here :)

10 hours ago, Flix said:

I believe I sent over a text file with the full list of Loka-ID's some time ago.

Indeed you have, I have found a hashes_LokaIDs.All_sorted.txt on my PC. I can construct a universal hash reverse engineering exe from this.

I'm excited for the next EE release. Can't wait to fight new Banshee/Facetteleon :lol:

11 hours ago, Flix said:

Shadow "Ghost Whisperings" -- not currently restored anywhere. I believe I can restore this one though. The devs left it out because they couldn't think of a way to "curse" the player, but I have at least two distinct ideas in mind. One is an item with a penalty, the other is to add an invisible, unattackable hireling with a hostile faction that will periodically debuff the player.  Cleansing the curse will disband the hireling.

I like the hireling more because it opens up the possibility for future modders to redesign it. The item would be interesting mechnics-wise. I'm curious, how would you force the player to equip the cursed item? And how would you design the penalty? Negative numbers for item modifiers don't work.

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, Lindor said:

I like the hireling more because it opens up the possibility for future modders to redesign it. The item would be interesting mechnics-wise. I'm curious, how would you force the player to equip the cursed item? And how would you design the penalty? Negative numbers for item modifiers don't work.

The cursed item idea would have an amulet with a custom bonus created using BONUS_PRONETOCHANNEL.  I'm not sure how the bonus would behave on a player-equipped item though. This option also doesn't create the required urgency that the original quest notes indicate. The player is supposed to be cursed, and constantly losing small ticks of health, while the amulet is supposed to be stuck in their journal as a quest item.

The invisible hireling idea makes more sense and gives more flexibility I think.  It never would have occurred to me to create a hostile hireling except that I did it by accident when scripting some D2F quests.

15 hours ago, Lindor said:

I'm excited for the next EE release. Can't wait to fight new Banshee/Facetteleon

Well, that actually brings up something I hadn't thought to do in EE, that is replace some bosses.   I've updated the various boss CA's, stats, animations, etc. but I never replaced any models.

D2F has replaced many of the vanilla bosses that are clones of normal/elite enemies with new models.  I guess it would make sense to do in EE as well.  After all, the same philosophy was applied to unique items, why not unique monsters?

• Like! 1

Upon replaying the EE 3.0a as a seraphim I wonder if it might be possible to put a high reflection aura onto the 2 dark Seras from Demons & Children at Sloeford, so that they cannot be so easily cheesed for their XP and gear as they do not attack otherwise?

Edited by jwiz

@Flix
There's a piece of information that came up with my current project which I never shared:
In EE, all of the following bonustypes (and only those) have negative scaling with item tier on average, meaning on average the bonus gets weaker the higher the item tier it appears on:

BONUS_REDUCE_EXTRAEFFECTCHANCE
BONUS_SHRINKHEAD_ESSENCE
BONUS_WEAPONDAMAGE_REL
BONUS_SUREHIT
BONUS_DEBUFF_POTENTIAL
BONUS_WEAPONDAMAGERANGE
BONUS_SPELL_INTENSITY
BONUS_REDUCE_DEBUFFS
BONUS_CHANCE_KNOCKBACK
BONUS_CHANCE_FLEE
BONUS_EXPERIENCE_REL
BONUS_BLEEDING
BONUS_AREASPLASH
BONUS_STATS_REL
BONUS_SHIELDBLOCK
BONUS_SLOT
BONUS_LIFEPOINTS
BONUS_ARMOR_REL
BONUS_EVADE
BONUS_WOUNDEDRAGE

I thought maybe you'd find this information interesting.

• Thanks! 1
newTypification = {
  id = 10,
  name = "CLF_AMULET",
  stat = "",
  modreal = 1000,
  modfocus = 0,
  modbasepoints = 0,
  bonusgroupID = 261,
  weapondamagespread = 0,
  fightdistance = -1.000000,
}
mgr.createTypification(10, newTypification);

bonusgroup 261 does not exist.

EDIT: here is a full list of all non.existent bonusgroup-IDs being called in typification.txt:
Unsorted, every appearing as often as being called:

Spoiler

ERROR: bonusgroup 261 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 172 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 173 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 224 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 239 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 251 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 177 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 252 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 253 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 254 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 769 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 563 being called in typification.txt does not exist!
ERROR: bonusgroup 737 being called in typification.txt does not exist!

Sorted, every appearing only once:

@dimitrius154 didn't check addendum, might have the same issue.

Edited by Lindor
  • Thanks! 1
On 7/26/2022 at 3:36 PM, jwiz said:

Upon replaying the EE 3.0a as a seraphim I wonder if it might be possible to put a high reflection aura onto the 2 dark Seras from Demons & Children at Sloeford, so that they cannot be so easily cheesed for their XP and gear as they do not attack otherwise?

Can you explain more what phase of the quest exactly you're fighting the Dark Seraphim in Sloeford?

I wonder... Free-For-All enabled?  Persistent bosses was bound to cause issues somewhere.