Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

12 hours ago, Flix said:

Can you explain more what phase of the quest exactly you're fighting the Dark Seraphim in Sloeford?

I wonder... Free-For-All enabled?  Persistent bosses was bound to cause issues somewhere.

Sorry, that I did not expound it any further.

If you start the Seraphim quest line at Sloeford and then approach the 'toy drop' area from the opposite side (I.e. from the river side where you also find the mage's son Zalman), thus avoiding the quest trigger area, then the game will spawn 2 dark Seras to each side of the cave.

You can easily cheese them for their items, gear and XP, as they do not actively fight you, if you avoid running thru the 'toy drop' trigger area.

Obviously those dark Seras lack any combat CA and fighting animations, they only have a defensive stance.

It just would be nice if they couldn't be that easily cheesed.

Edited by jwiz

A thing I noticed: in the forge droplist, some few unique/set/legendary jewelry have weightedprob=50 while all other have 150, meaning they will drop three times as often as all other unique/set/legendary jewelry.

I believe it are the charo rings, kaysers luck rings, unique_amulet_Indalis and silithars finger hoop. Also all the miniset rings seem to have way too high dropchance with weightedprob=30.

Don't know if this is intentional or not.

On 8/2/2022 at 6:09 AM, jwiz said:

You can easily cheese them for their items, gear and XP, as they do not actively fight you, if you avoid running thru the 'toy drop' trigger area.

Obviously those dark Seras lack any combat CA and fighting animations, they only have a defensive stance.

It just would be nice if they couldn't be that easily cheesed.

Oh, what a dumb exploit. I'd do better to re-script the quest so that can't happen.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Flix said:

Higher values make the item more rare.  At least, I hope so because that's how the entire file is set up from top to bottom.

Yes, ahem, I thought so as well.

2 hours ago, Lindor said:

A thing I noticed: in the forge droplist, some few unique/set/legendary jewelry have weightedprob=50 while all other have 150, meaning they will drop three times as often as all other unique/set/legendary jewelry.

With that I meant that the few ones with weightedprob=50 or 75 drop up to 3-times more often than the others. And the minisets jewelry even up to 5-times more often.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Flix, I have a question about hirelings, e.g. alternate spells succubus:

Their spells use "skill_enemy_focus", e.g. "enemy_firespiral" has focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus", yet you didn't give the creature 3099 "Spell_Demon_Succubus_fire" nor their template creature 1790 "Template_demon_any_elite" that skill.
Also I vaguely remember you saying somewhere that neither cooldowns nor regen times are a thing for NPC spells.

So I wonder: how does this work then? If those are not a thing and "skill__enemy_focus" is actually useless, why does it exist then?

:)

12 hours ago, Lindor said:

So I wonder: how does this work then? If those are not a thing and "skill__enemy_focus" is actually useless, why does it exist then?

I often add the skill to new creatures out of habit.  Since I found out the skill doesn't really do anything for NPC's, I've grown lax in making sure I've added it, as is the case with the Succubus summon.

The only thing I can think it would do is allow the spells to climb to higher levels.  Remember without the Focus skill, combat arts will only gain partial levels after a certain point.

But, since NPC spells will always be at character level by default, only creatures who also have an "All Combat Arts +X" bonus would have any benefit from a Focus skill.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Flix and dear community, I've just created a new character in multiplayer mode (cm patch 0160 + EE 3.1) and the NPC for the Arena quest on the multiplayer island is absent. Is it a bug on my side or intended?

A liitle note too, it seems that now, the player, even in multiplayer mode, is starting the regular main quest on its original location, it's not starting on the multiplayer island anymore, I think it's a new behaviour too. Could it be so that we start on multiplayer island. I've already lost a High Elf char in the past because of the beginning apprentice (the Ice & bBlood splash screen popped in and the time I close it, I took two lethal fireballs).

Thanks!

12 hours ago, desm said:

I've just created a new character in multiplayer mode (cm patch 0160 + EE 3.1) and the NPC for the Arena quest on the multiplayer island is absent. Is it a bug on my side or intended?

What quest is this?

12 hours ago, desm said:

the player, even in multiplayer mode, is starting the regular main quest on its original location, it's not starting on the multiplayer island anymore, I think it's a new behaviour too.

Any optional modules installed?

12 hours ago, desm said:

the Ice & bBlood splash screen popped in

Hm, that should have been disabled with the CM Patch since a long time ago.

• Thanks! 1
22 minutes ago, Flix said:

What quest is this?

The Arena, on multiplayer island, but I think I got confused and it's only available in Diablo 2 Fallen?

23 minutes ago, Flix said:

Any optional modules installed?

The Free-for-all quests mod.

25 minutes ago, Flix said:

Hm, that should have been disabled with the CM Patch since a long time ago.

Yes, it was in the past.

3 minutes ago, desm said:

The Arena, on multiplayer island, but I think I got confused and it's only available in Diablo 2 Fallen?

Ah, that's correct. It's not part of Enhanced Edition.

3 minutes ago, desm said:

The Free-for-all quests mod.

I would disable that, based on the way you've described that you play the game with characters created in Multiplayer only.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, desm said:

It's a High Elf with Alchemy skill if that matters.

Ok thanks. Now that I think about it, the cause of the problem must be something I did before February because that was the last time I did a release of EE.  I will keep investigating.

• Appreciation 1

I wonder what happened to the blacksmith of the multiplayer island. Found him with this aura when teleporting back, never saw that but not a big deal.

1661943720-sacred-2-screenshot-2022-08-3

Another thing: I'm in Gold and wanted to do the special mount quest but the questgiver in the Temple of the Gods in the Jungle has no interrogation mark on his head. Is there a prerequisite? (like maybe making the regular mount quest first which I have not done here).

4 hours ago, desm said:

Is there a prerequisite? (like maybe making the regular mount quest first which I have not done here).

Yes that's correct.  In current versions of both EE and D2F, the player must complete either "Unique Mounts" OR "A Roof Over the Head" (the Blood Forest mounts quest) in order to unlock the Elite Mounts Jungle Priest.

The Priest himself will also make you perform a "small" favor before he will sell you anything.

Ok, thanks. Usually I do the Unique mount quest that's why I haven't noticed. Have you missed my previous post with the multiplayer island blacksmith?

I have crashes involving mss32.dll. 1662025020-sans-titre.jpg

I have put version 7.2.4.0 of mss32.dll instead of the current 7.2.6.0 and I have no crashes so far. I know it has already been changed but it seems I have problem with it.

Edited by desm
  • 1 month later...

@Flix May sound like a stupid request, but may you list any changes done to Nimonuil? 

I am playing again and run a SW to Gold. 12k hp, mastery armor lore, three of the holy reliques, almost full set of Dooms Guard.... and that guy killed me in two hits. At first I thought it was the damage reflection, but I started again and just stood there. Sure, he debuffs me, but then he only hits with the staff and two hits (maybe crits) are enough. Can't remember that guy being that strong. Oo

From the plain attack value he shouldn't be able to do that.

oneHit_2.jpg

Edited by Roderick
45 minutes ago, Roderick said:

@Flix May sound like a stupid request, but may you list any changes done to Nimonuil? 

I am playing again and run a SW to Gold. 12k hp, mastery armor lore, three of the holy reliques, almost full set of Dooms Guard.... and that guy killed me in two hits. At first I thought it was the damage reflection, but I started again and just stood there. Sure, he debuffs me, but then he only hits with the staff and two hits (maybe crits) are enough. Can't remember that guy being that strong. Oo

From the plain attack value he shouldn't be able to do that.

oneHit_2.jpg

Yea, he can be tough. Some of the side bosses can also hurt a lot, I just lost a dryad on the fire turtle boss in the Seraphim fields.

Still, an end-game boss on gold with just two defensive skills and no mount? Yea, you can easily die that way. :) You might die a lot more in platinum and niobium too, get a mount. The shadow warrior I beat niob with had 5 defensive skills and a mount - an absolute unit of a tank - and even then he nearly died on a few bosses (I hate Asmarael with a burning passion :D ).

Point is, I'm pretty sure Flix made a lot of the bosses harder in EE, unless I misremember something. But, yea, it's not just a Nimonuil thing, some of those guys can really punch. :)

spacer.png

The set is Doom guard, I just changed the models, and the mount is a hell hound - just changed the model to a horse, also changed the looks of the buffs to make him look more paladin-y. So, it's basically a 2H doom guard shadow warrior like yours, just tanky enough to survive. :) 

Edited by RetsReds
1 hour ago, RetsReds said:

Still, an end-game boss on gold with just two defensive skills and no mount? Yea, you can easily die that way. :) You might die a lot more in platinum and niobium too, get a mount. 
Point is, I'm pretty sure Flix made a lot of the bosses harder in EE, unless I misremember something. But, yea, it's not just a Nimonuil thing, some of those guys can really punch. :)

I have had no problem reaching that point in the game, regulary selling healing potions because they weren't needed. So I just wonder about the damage spike Nimonuil deals out. No other boss along the way was nearly that powerfull in dealing single damage blows.

And I do hate mounts, never use them. ^^'