Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

6 hours ago, Roderick said:

I have had no problem reaching that point in the game, regulary selling healing potions because they weren't needed. So I just wonder about the damage spike Nimonuil deals out. No other boss along the way was nearly that powerfull in dealing single damage blows.

And I do hate mounts, never use them. ^^' 

The point is that EE is harder and bosses dish out more damage than in vanilla (just checked, it's noted in the pdf that comes with the mod - you can see all changes there, including those done to specific bosses). So, Nimonuil is not special - he's just where you noticed the difference.

Even in vanilla, when you encounter such a sudden "spike", it indicates that something in your build needs to be tweaked. In this case, if you had Spell Resistance at or near Mastery, you likely would have been fine as I think his most damaging stuff is a repeating spell attack. That fire relic is also useless against him. Having relics of the appropriate damage type is a must against bosses.

Overall, using mounts isn't a must but if you want to survive at higher difficulties and at certain bosses you're going to want to compensate with extra defensive skills and tools. 

Edited by RetsReds
7 hours ago, RetsReds said:

The point is that EE is harder and bosses dish out more damage than in vanilla (just checked, it's noted in the pdf that comes with the mod - you can see all changes there, including those done to specific bosses). So, Nimonuil is not special - he's just where you noticed the difference.

There have been a lot of bosses on the way to Nimonuil and none has been a problem (playing EE for the past years ^^). And for adding more defense, I just wanted to know what killed me. xD 
Probably I just can't remember Nimonuil being so much harder than the rest. ^^ As said, haven't plaid in awhile.

*going to browse through the pdf now* Thanks for that hint.

Edited by Roderick

Nimonniul always had these big damage spikes, it's part of his mechanics.

IIRC at every 25% loss of his HP pool he enrages and deals big damage if you get hit then.

Sacred 2 EE merely intensified that.

• Like! 1

Is the +x nominal value spell resistance modifier on gear broken in Sacred 2 EE?

It seems that these values do not compute in the attributes screen at all contrary to the relative +x% values for spell resistance on gear.

I can't even remember having seen them in the vanilla game, but only +x% values, so I assume these nominal increases were introduced in Sacred 2 EE.

Or are the values simply bugged and should have been relative values instead of nominal ones?

On 10/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, jwiz said:

Is the +x nominal value spell resistance modifier on gear broken in Sacred 2 EE?

It seems that these values do not compute in the attributes screen at all contrary to the relative +x% values for spell resistance on gear.

I can't even remember having seen them in the vanilla game, but only +x% values, so I assume these nominal increases were introduced in Sacred 2 EE.

Or are the values simply bugged and should have been relative values instead of nominal ones?

As far as I can remember, the value isn't even visible in vanilla game. It was brought in by EE, but only the base value is shown. But I have read that the calculation is done correctly including all bonus values when a spell strikes.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Flix

Hello there Sacred 2 Fans!

It has been a long time since I visited this forum. And I really owe a lot to this mod, because it's really like a Sacred 2 remaster. So amazing!!! Thank you Flix and the team! :cool:

But sadly Flix, I have some very sad news. Unfortunately, my computer died and now I don't have a good translation for the Hungarian language! Unfortunately the file that Azrin created is gone, and he himself is gone, and I don't have the file. Everything was going so well, and about 95% of the translation was done. Anyone still have the Hungarian translation Azrin made, or do you have Flix as the creator of the mod? 

Sadly the drive link is not working at all: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjRWEG4PXrqRg4xm6VoDaOglZifh_AW7/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 5:48 AM, BrucknerHun said:

@Flix

Hello there Sacred 2 Fans!

It has been a long time since I visited this forum. And I really owe a lot to this mod, because it's really like a Sacred 2 remaster. So amazing!!! Thank you Flix and the team! :cool:

But sadly Flix, I have some very sad news. Unfortunately, my computer died and now I don't have a good translation for the Hungarian language! Unfortunately the file that Azrin created is gone, and he himself is gone, and I don't have the file. Everything was going so well, and about 95% of the translation was done. Anyone still have the Hungarian translation Azrin made, or do you have Flix as the creator of the mod? 

Sadly the drive link is not working at all: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjRWEG4PXrqRg4xm6VoDaOglZifh_AW7/view?usp=sharing

I still have all the translations. I will see if I can get it to you soon.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:04 PM, lordvampir said:

I would like to know if there are plans to release version 4.x (or similar, which will not be compatible with 3.x, so that you do not have to start from scratch), or have all such changes already been implemented?

I nearly finished v3.2 6 months ago before burnout, I am now working on it again.  I do not think the next release will require new characters. I will have a definitive answer on release.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:13 AM, jwiz said:

Nimonniul always had these big damage spikes, it's part of his mechanics.

IIRC at every 25% loss of his HP pool he enrages and deals big damage if you get hit then.

Sacred 2 EE merely intensified that.

I think that's exactly what it is.  IIRC I never messed around with Nimonuil in EE or PFP, but I did in some cases make "Damage of Enraged Players" more powerful across the board.

On 10/21/2022 at 12:37 PM, jwiz said:

It's one of those things you just have to have faith it's working because it doesn't interact with the existing tooltips on the character sheet.  It's sort of running parallel to it.

Come to think of it though, +X on gear should strictly be for increasing the skill level, nothing more.

• Appreciation 1

@Flix, welcome back! :JC_hurrah:

12 hours ago, Flix said:

I do not think the next release will require new characters. I will have a definitive answer on release.

Very good, thanks :smile:

Another question. Has anything been used from `Dimitrius's CM Patch Addendum`? If so, I'd like to know what it is. If not, what is it supposed to use? Or pull out in CM 1.70?

Edited by lordvampir
  • Like! 1
13 hours ago, Flix said:

I still have all the translations. I will see if I can get it to you soon.

@Flix

Thank you very much! I would be soo happy, if you can share the link of the Hungarian translation if possible! You are soo awesome bro! Can you share it via Google Drive?

Thank you in advance! :cool:

Edited by BrucknerHun
  • Like! 1
12 hours ago, BrucknerHun said:

Thank you very much! I would be soo happy, if you can share the link of the Hungarian translation if possible! You are soo awesome bro! Can you share it via Google Drive?Thank you in advance! :cool:

Happy to help.  Here is the current Hungarian texts for the upcoming 3.2 release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11djfomSpfObMSeJ2zGt0DyXMSHodzyBO/view?usp=sharing

I never had a translation for the Alternate Spells module so that is the only texts for Hungarian.

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, Flix said:

Happy to help.  Here is the current Hungarian texts for the upcoming 3.2 release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11djfomSpfObMSeJ2zGt0DyXMSHodzyBO/view?usp=sharing

@FlixOmg, thank you for helping me out! You are the best! I am soo happy that the HU translations didnt get lost! Now I can use it again! 

Thank you very much Flix! 

So basically the Hungarian translation is almost done (nearly 95%), but I will try to fully complete it if I can. But I need some help from you!

So first, this txt file you gave me, this is I only have to rename it to global.res for the Hu_hu folder, right:)

Or should I DM you instead? I think this is the best idea! Thanks for everything!

Also waiting for the V3.2 release! :cool:

15 hours ago, Flix said:

I never had a translation for the Alternate Spells module so that is the only texts for Hungarian.

Good to see you back Flix!!

Just in time for Winter in Ancaria :D

:dance2:

gogo

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, lordvampir said:

When is the release expected? At least approximately :secret:

End of the month, maybe. I don't have much to do except test everything.

• 2 weeks later...

As some players in the german Sacred Legends forum have noted with pre-3.2 chars, sometimes activating the player char buff now completely alters the surrounding environment colors/tones as well:

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1570111-Diskussion-rund-um-Sacred 2-EE-3-0/page5?p=27139755&viewfull=1#post27139755

Is that change due to shader alterations in the new mod and is it intended?

Edited by jwiz
18 minutes ago, jwiz said:

As some players in the german Sacred Legends forum have noted, sometimes activating the player char buff now completely alters the surrounding environment colors/tones as well:

https://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1570111-Diskussion-rund-um-Sacred 2-EE-3-0/page5?p=27139755&viewfull=1#post27139755

Is that change due to shader alterations in the new mod and is it intended?

Try this to resolve:

• Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
  • Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
  • Delete the file named "shader.cache"
  • Run the game and see the results

I forgot this might be necessary. For some reason I had no need to do it, but I remember Lindor warning about deleting the shader cache with the new Ancient Bark.

This isn't because of using old characters, since my test Dryad was very old, it might be system-related.

EDIT: I read through the thread a little bit with Google translate.  You also may want to gently remind that Shadow Veil is supposed to change the world colors like that. Those screenshots at least, look perfectly normal to me.