Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Completing certain quests in 3.2 seems to cause a quest circle to appear in El-Darrag - happened to a new dryad on her class quest and on a high elf on the spider boss quest in the human realm. Haven't gotten to the desert with either character yet to see if I can remove the circle by doing a quest there but that didn't happen in 3.1.

Loving the patch so far otherwise, a lot of enemies feel much more interesting (boar-riders are adorable :D ). Also, is the enemies' damage bumped up a little bit overall or am I just dumb? I almost died on silver twice with a fairly defensive character and was like "Woah!" :D

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, RetsReds said:

Completing certain quests in 3.2 seems to cause a quest circle to appear in El-Darrag - happened to a new dryad on her class quest and on a high elf on the spider boss quest in the human realm. Haven't gotten to the desert with either character yet to see if I can remove the circle by doing a quest there but that didn't happen in 3.1.

Afaik, the El-Darrag quest line is thus buggy since the changes made to the CM-Patch to trigger it upon arrival there.

I din't know if Flix can do much about it.

Yesterday I ran through the german localisation of the global.res with a spell-checker (again) to iron out some kinks still left in there.

As Flix has said already, a lot of the names / item description have been corrected with this patch, so the changes are mostly in text strings of quest logs and books (yeah, who reads those anyways  :lol:), but some others I have corrected nevertheless. (Maegalcarwen or Ramirez  :wink:)

I hope I didnt make any blunders as it was getting very late and I grew tired.

For anyone willing to take a look or bother, here is the download link at Google drove:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dyEGHT2Vlc1vhL7uZ7lXIGNhCUEJkdc1/view?usp=share_link

Exchange at your own risk, but make a backup copy of the original v. 3.2 global.res beforehand.

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1

Yes, something happened with the CM Patch that broke the fight trigger for "Attack is the Best Defense". The invaders and the town guard would just stand around until the player attacked and then they would start fighting.  I couldn't reverse it perfectly since I couldn't figure out why it stopped triggering.

The best I could do is what's in EE 3.2. Everything works correctly, the only side effect is that you get a quest marker in El-Darrag when the game starts. It goes away after you visit the town and start the quest.

Loving the patch so far otherwise, a lot of enemies feel much more interesting (boar-riders are adorable :D ). Also, is the enemies' damage bumped up a little bit overall or am I just dumb? I almost died on silver twice with a fairly defensive character and was like "Woah!" :D

Maybe this change:

- Several vanilla elites have received new buff spells based on their specialties (tank, archer, mage).

You can tell by the buff FX these enemies use.

Tank Stance increases Willpower, Defense, Chance to Block Melee, and Resistance to Secondary Effects.

hJFvrzv.jpg

Archer Stance increases ranged attack speed and attack rating, adds a chance to block roots, and reduces the opponent's chance to reflect ranged damage.

crGHydV.jpg

Mage Stance increases Intelligence, Spell Intensity, and Cast Speed, and adds a Chance to Block Spells.

G28D71D.jpg

• Like! 1
33 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Yesterday I ran through the german localisation of the global.res with a spell-checker (again) to iron out some kinks still left in there.

Thanks, I'll check it out and maybe try to add it in a future patch (Hungarian team is also working on a new update).

Lindor had replied with several German typos and text errors last year, but the reports are all spread out between this thread and maybe some in the Purist Fixpack thread as well. I did not get a chance to try to address them.

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

Maybe this change:

- Several vanilla elites have received new buff spells based on their specialties (tank, archer, mage).

Aye, noticed the buffs, but wasn't sure if they are just that impactful or there's anything else. Either way, feels great so far and it's good to hear that the El-Darrag circle is removable.

On 3/5/2023 at 4:39 PM, Flix said:

Thanks, I'll check it out and maybe try to add it in a future patch (Hungarian team is also working on a new update).

Lindor had replied with several German typos and text errors last year, but the reports are all spread out between this thread and maybe some in the Purist Fixpack thread as well. I did not get a chance to try to address them.

Sadly I did mess it up.  :sigh:

I noticed yesterday during a dryad test run that the blowpipe 'Vermächtnis des Waldes' (Legacy of the Forest) dropped but with the old spelling mistake lacking the 'n'.

While correcting the text file I had 2 files, an editing copy and a backup copy, but apparently at some point I continued working on the wrong one, which left a whole section of the file uncorrected that I had already corrected before.

I am currently reworking the text file but my enthusiasm to get it done took a bit of a beating here, so it may take a while before I'm ready again.

Edited by jwiz

I've come upon a minor issue with Mommy Bear's Favorite quest.

If you pick up the little bear as a pet, the pet name gets displayed in the text box but if you hover with the mouse over the bear, the box goes blank.

Usually, when hovering with the mouse over a follower the text box changes/displays the quest title.

So there seems to be a missing resosurce for that specific quest.

Sadly, I couldn't catch the the mouse hover over the pet in an image.

Follower_Names.thumb.jpg.326b3a63da46420195fed4a2eed91de9.jpg

Edited by jwiz
On 3/5/2023 at 4:04 PM, jwiz said:

As Flix has said already, a lot of the names / item description have been corrected with this patch, so the changes are mostly in text strings of quest logs and books (yeah, who reads those anyways  :lol:), but some others I have corrected nevertheless. (Maegalcarwen or Ramirez  :wink:)

I hope I didnt make any blunders as it was getting very late and I grew tired.

For anyone willing to take a look or bother, here is the download link at Google drove:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dyEGHT2Vlc1vhL7uZ7lXIGNhCUEJkdc1/view?usp=share_link

Exchange at your own risk, but make a backup copy of the original v. 3.2 global.res beforehand.

I have now completed and uploaded the new pass over the german localisation file and amended all the previously missing corrections.

The link now points to the lastest version.

Two minor issues are still nagging me somewhat:

a) is it possible to deactivate the teleport in the 'Ancaria Airlines' quest. I think this portal shouldn't be accessible in singleplayer mode at all.

b) the two dark boss seraphim at the beginning of the 'demons and Children' auest in Sloeforf can still be cheesed for their drops and xp.

sacred2_dark_sera.jpg

@FlixThere're multiple extra "KE" animation entries for models/npc/monsters/skelett-krieger/v_skelettkrieger-v1 but no extra corresponting animation files. 

The models/npc/highelves/highpriest-inquisitor/v_highpriest-inquisitor has an "SM09" entry instead of "SM11".

models/npc/monsters/goblin-rider/v_goblin-wildschweinreiter and models/npc/monsters/kobold-rider/v_kobold-wolfsreiter "HORSE" entries have been replaced by "SPECIAL" but no corresponding files are present. I see that you try to set enemy mounts as special. As far as I know, that would not alter enemy rider ability to cast CA's.

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

As far as I know, that would not alter enemy rider ability to cast CA's.

This fix works, and is present in my 3 main mods.  The "special" animations for vanilla riders are actually included in the base game.  It requires extra work beyond just that, but mounted enemies can now use special moves.  As I recall I had to change some lines in itemtype.txt and also add some new creatureinfo entries.

Also still works in D2F+Addendum, fortunately.

RP9qg95.jpg  ydzrboB.jpg  Hz2bGsl.jpg  I2Eifd6.jpg

The models/npc/highelves/highpriest-inquisitor/v_highpriest-inquisitor has an "SM09" entry instead of "SM11".

Thanks!  It actually ends up being a harmless error since I didn't give Nimonuil the full array of special moves that he uses in D2F or Addendum, including the one that would use that animation (the beam cannon, I believe).

There're multiple extra "KE" animation entries for models/npc/monsters/skelett-krieger/v_skelettkrieger-v1 but no extra corresponting animation files.

I reckon I copied those animation entries over from Addendum but not the actual files. Either that or they're some vestigial remnant from me trying to alter their bow animations during development.

Dumb question, but - can I find/access/ask for the EE portrait overhaul images in a jpg/png/other format somewhere? I found the .dds files in the mods folder but converting them into jpgs one by one would take forever. I'm thinking of running a D&D campaign set in Ancaria and using the EE overhaul portraits would be sweet.

43 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Hey Flix, long time no see:wink: Can you remember why you swapped "SUBFAM_PRI_BarstewardSWORD" with "SUBFAM_PRI_BarstewardSWORD" in balance.txt?

Good to hear from you. The forum has an auto-correct that changes certain words.  What ended up being posted above looks the same to me.

On review, it doesn't look like anything was changed in the local subfamSlots list between vanilla and EE 3.2.

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

Good to hear from you.

:gogo:

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

The forum has an auto-correct that changes certain words.  What ended up being posted above looks the same to me.

On review, it doesn't look like anything was changed in the local subfamSlots list between vanilla and EE 3.2.

Oh uhmm maybe it's human error, might as well give it another try:

"SUBFAM_PRI_BarstewardSWORD"
got replaced with:
"SUBFAM_PRI_BarstewardSWORD"

in EE 3.2 as compared to CM-Patch

EDIT:

Nope wasn't human error, it was the auto-correct as predicted by you. Hopefully an edit will do.

Edited by Lindor

I'm sorry, I have all these scripts and I'm just not seeing any difference whatsoever in this list between any version of vanilla, CM Patch or EE.

image.thumb.png.c194d9332733472120ebfa0b30010572.png

The only reason "barsteward" would ever appear is because of this forum's kooky auto-correct that it does with the original word.

You didn't somehow copy text from a forum post and paste it into scripts?

• Like! 1
46 minutes ago, Flix said:

I'm sorry, I have all these scripts and I'm just not seeing any difference whatsoever in this list between any version of vanilla, CM Patch or EE.

image.thumb.png.c194d9332733472120ebfa0b30010572.png

The only reason "barsteward" would ever appear is because of this forum's kooky auto-correct that it does with the original word.

You didn't somehow copy text from a forum post and paste it into scripts?

Hmm possible. I used N++ compare and saw the difference there. Maybe I compared it with the wrong balance.txt. Thx for helping me in solving this little riddle :)

• Like! 1

hello how are? I'm playing with my brother the multiplayer campaign I would like to know if with the mod S2EE free-for-all-quest all the bosses appear even with the quest finished. C for example the undead legion. Thanks a lot

36 minutes ago, denoshir said:

hello how are? I'm playing with my brother the multiplayer campaign I would like to know if with the mod S2EE free-for-all-quest all the bosses appear even with the quest finished. C for example the undead legion. Thanks a lot

Hello. Yes, with the Free-For-All module, the bosses will always appear, even after the quest is complete.

The first time you fight them (during the quest) the campaign bosses will also be doubled.

However, be warned, I have not tested that module with the Multiplayer campaign - you may see some strange behavior. Please let me know if anything seems to be wrong.

• Like! 1

Hi again:)

I'm frequently getting crashes in the swamp. Windows event log:

Spoiler
Protokollname: Application
Quelle:        Application Error
Datum:         25.03.2023 09:07:09
Ereignis-ID:   1000
Aufgabenkategorie:(100)
Ebene:         Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer:      Nicht zutreffend
Computer:      DESKTOP-FODJ808
Beschreibung:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: s2gs.exe, Version: 2.65.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4adf82d7
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: s2core.dll, Version: 2.65.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4b27a297
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000a11b3
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2a78
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d95eefdc0e34ec
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2gs.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2core.dll
Berichtskennung: 73d254b0-0d26-45a7-b46f-0149ad62a095
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-03-25T08:07:09.4697323Z" />
    <EventRecordID>699</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-FODJ808</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>s2gs.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.65.1.0</Data>
    <Data>4adf82d7</Data>
    <Data>s2core.dll</Data>
    <Data>2.65.2.0</Data>
    <Data>4b27a297</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000a11b3</Data>
    <Data>2a78</Data>
    <Data>01d95eefdc0e34ec</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2gs.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2core.dll</Data>
    <Data>73d254b0-0d26-45a7-b46f-0149ad62a095</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Mods:

Elite extures Trimmed
oren-nayar fur shader
EE 3.2 modules:
    _CORE_
    Portrait Overhaul
a modified balance.txt
a modified optionsCustom.txt

in exactly this order, enabled via JSGME. Well, except the optionsCustom.txt, it was placed manually by myself and options.txt was deleted afterwards.