Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

48 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Possible that template creature ID, which is actally the fen fire, is overwriting the lithos BLOODFX?

If that was the case it would explode into bloody gore.  Also everyone else would be seeing some kind of issue.

I'm fairly convinced something's wrong with your setup.  Missing FX, blacksmith arts dropping like items, runes crashing your game.  I can't replicate any of this, or trace any kind of cause.  You might want to reinstall everything cleanly from scratch.

15 hours ago, Flix said:

Also everyone else would be seeing some kind of issue.

But I'm not the only one?

23 hours ago, RetsReds said:

I assumed it's intentional when I first saw it. I kinda dig it. :D 

Also

15 hours ago, Flix said:

I'm fairly convinced something's wrong with your setup.  Missing FX, blacksmith arts dropping like items, runes crashing your game.  I can't replicate any of this, or trace any kind of cause.  You might want to reinstall everything cleanly from scratch.

If that was the case, the quirks wouldn't be as ...specific, I think. Also I've had supposedly undroppable items like blacksmith arts or forge slots dropping for me before, on another computer with another installation. Also crashes in the swamp have bee very common in the past, I remember there was a time where loading the swamp creature's model which is part of the main questline always crash my game. A rune crashing my game however is a new one. Can't remember seeing that before.

I can try a clean install in the future, but today I really don't feel like sitting here all day waiting for the download to complete again :D

I've had another thought: might using legacy characters be a possible source? I mean, I really don't see why that should have an impact on Lithos' BLOODFX, but just to be sure.

13 minutes ago, Lindor said:

But I'm not the only one?

23 hours ago, RetsReds said:

I assumed it's intentional when I first saw it. I kinda dig it. :D 

Also

Uhm, no, no. I'm seeing the flashy explosion too (albeit not as flashy cause I'm using medium settings on my potato). I was merely saying that I noticed the change and it looks intentional and pretty. Sorry for the confusion, I don't understand all the technical stuff you guys are talking about. :)

20230410134502_1.jpg

20230410134600_1.jpg

32 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

Uhm, no, no. I'm seeing the flashy explosion too (albeit not as flashy cause I'm using medium settings on my potato). I was merely saying that I noticed the change and it looks intentional and pretty. Sorry for the confusion, I don't understand all the technical stuff you guys are talking about. :)

20230410134502_1.jpg

20230410134600_1.jpg

Oh. Okay. Well, that's not a good sign for me, but thx for clarification :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flix said:

I've uploaded the new patch with the change log above. It can be found on the Downloads page as well as on the Nexus.

This will be, I think, the last release of Enhanced Edition. I've done everything I set out to do and am ready to move on to other projects.

10  years. Flix.  It must be satisfying to see a decade's worth of work come to its completion  (I hate saying end :cry: )

Thank you for all of your valuable time.

:gogo: 

gogo

• Thanks! 1
24 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

@FlixThe, supposedly, final iteration of the Addendum can now proceed. It took a while, but, definitely worth the effort.

That's great to hear. Even in its current incomplete state, the new version of D2F v16 built on top of the Addendum is an exciting thing to behold.

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

10  years. Flix.  It must be satisfying to see a decade's worth of work come to its completion  (I hate saying end :cry: )

Thank you for all of your valuable time

Wow you're right, it's been almost exactly 10 years since my first mod thread, way back when the single idea I had was to add a Mutation set for the Dragon Mage.  I still have my notes from researching mythological dragons in order to get the item ideas.

Back then I saw simply recoloring an armor texture as a major triumph!  I never would have imagined I'd end up collaborating with so many skilled and talented people, much less create so much stuff that people enjoy.

There's still some things on the horizon though. I think the final release of Diablo 2 Fallen will be the greatest yet.  And I'm also cooking up some stuff for other games that have a lot of potential and don't deserve to be forgotten.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

I'm also cooking up some stuff for other games

The "Inquisitor"(2009) is my current avenue of application. Perhaps, it's time to update and release the "Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader" fixes. I'm somewhat sceptical of the English voiceover so far... Should probably go for a hybrid - English texts, Russian voiceover. 

• Appreciation 1

Well done indeed Flix, but I hope you do not move away from the franchise, because it would have a severe impact on the forum, turning it most likely into a Deadite. Imo the only reason that Sacred 2 is still alive, is your and Dimitrius relentless work and communicative forum presence. Lindor and Vishanka give a good and strong bonus too, but only together you keep it going and fuel each others fire a bit. If one man alone has to keep it up, it might quickly lead to internal contradictions, followed by a slow quitting.

• Thanks! 1

@Flix, I agree with all of the above suggestions! However, I still have a question (and hope) if any bugs are suddenly revealed (or maybe suggestions from the community), will S2EE support be implemented?

• Thanks! 1
15 minutes ago, Flix said:

long punishing dungeons mixed with tons of dialogue reading - a strange blend.

I've been into RPG's since mid 90's. Have you ever played Elders Scrolls: Daggerfall? Around 3000 dungeons, each one - 40 minutes at least, unless you cheat. The dialogue was less extensive, but, one could make some spectacular blunders.

• zomgod! 1

@Flix @dimitrius154
Sacred 2 EE 3.2a:
spells.txt:

mgr.addTokenBonus( {"et_provo_area", 906 })  -- 906 = bb_chance_block_CC

bonus 906 does not exist in blueprint.txt.

typification.txt:
The bonusgroups 172, 173, 177, 239, 224, 251, 261, 252, 253, 254, 563, 737 and 769 being called in typification.txt do not exist in blueprint.txt. This is a Vanilla issue, could be hardcoded bonusgroups.

Don't know wether Addendum has the same or similar inconsistencies, could be.

• Thanks! 1
16 minutes ago, Lindor said:

bonusgroups 172, 173, 177, 239, 224, 251, 261, 252, 253, 254, 563, 737 and 769 being called in typification.txt do not exist in blueprint.txt.

The classifications those are attached to all seem to be either unused or (in a few cases) only used for NPC armor or jewelry, which don't get classification bonuses anyways in vanilla.  I don't think there's any ill effects here.

16 minutes ago, Lindor said:

bonus 906 does not exist in blueprint.txt.

Ah well, so the Tank Stance enemy buff won't be quite as powerful as it should be then.  That error is just the result of incompletely porting over an idea from D2F.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello all! I might be a little late to report a bug but here goes. I have had a topic on the forum about LAN connections. As of EE3.2 I can-not make a connection at all to wife's pc. It use to be with 3.1 I could drop my firewall and we could play together. So this morning I thought I'd try something and eliminate EE altogether to get a LAN connection. Sure enough, with just CM-patch I got into LAN games. Both directions. I create the game or if wife creates the game. Which now  draw me to conclude somewhere in EE, something is messing with LAN connects. I DO NOT know how to even try to narrow down, or anything at that matter to resolve. Definently would be willing to help diagnose this. I am going to try Dimitrius's addemdem which should matter since it was built upon 3.2? I will report back with that.

I really don't know how EE would do anything about network. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank all.

Edited by jedijimi
  • Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I noticed strange behaviour of DOTs.
Probably was the same in unpatched game.

If enemy is burning and I apply stronger burn, then it's replaced and timer updated.
If enemy is burning and I apply similar or weaker one, then stronger is staying, But timer is still updating.

Burn start dealing damage after 1 second of burn.
So if I applying dot faster then once per second, it will newer deal damage.

For example:
Temple guaddian with high level Damage lore and Fiery Ember, total chance to burn is 100%.
Level 22 Fiery Ember deals damage less frequently than 1/s and after every damage there is burn just before next one.
Level 126 Fiery Ember deals damage more frequently than 1/s and no burn damage is happening untill Fiery Ember end.
Same with Battle Extension and I think wihth most other CA. I usually keeping regen under one second on all of them.
That is making Damage lore almost usless skill

I removed Damage lore throu character editor and damage actually increased because chance to burn is dropped an now there is a chance burn damage is not disrupted.

Is there any possibility to change it? Maybe make first damage tick happen faster?