Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

21 hours ago, Androdion said:

You can socket +LL per hit, +HP regen, master Constitution for in-combat HP regen, raise Vitality for higher HP bonus, use energy shields on certain characters, use block and reflect modifiers... I mean, it's not like there's any shortage of options there. So the higher in level you are the less health pots you should be consuming, and if that's not the case then you're doing something wrong. If anything Sacred 2 presents you with too many different ways of doing the same thing so faulting the game's mechanics is kind of awkward to be honest.

I disagree.

Socketing +LL per hit is a sad joke compared to the damage (mini) bosses deal on high diff.

Simple heath regen as a passive stat is a bad game mechanic or at least a waste. I want health when I need it and not as a some lame background buff that fills up my hp pool while I run around.

In fact, I'm all in for removing health regen from the game at all.

Shields are a sad excuse for a low hp pool and bad mechanic as well, at least as long as they arent as well executed as in PoE for instance.

Edited by jwiz
1 hour ago, Flix said:

But how?  Are you sure it's not just affecting all weapon types?

I decided to check ingame, since I've found no SUBFAM checks buts a ranged weapon type check call.

Field testing with high level Sinister Predator shows definite increase in attack rating and attack speed for ranged weapons only. Tested with bows, throwing knives, throwing potions bows, swords and axes. Ranged weapons receive the boni, melee - don't.

@jwiz I completely disagree. Looks like you are somebody who is on the other side of the spectrum.

When you get health whenever you need it why even bother having an hp bar in the first place ? Lets just remove hp altogether and only discriminate between enemies who cant kill you at all, and enemies who can kill you in one hit, the latter one with a red exlamation mark above the head so players really cant miss it.

:4rofl:

1 hour ago, Charon117 said:

When you get health whenever you need it why even bother having an hp bar in the first place ? Lets just remove hp altogether and only discriminate between enemies who cant kill you at all, and enemies who can kill you in one hit, the latter one with a red exlamation mark above the head so players really cant miss it.

:4rofl:

I never said anything about that, I sure.

All I said, was that I hugely prefer to get hp back via active gameplay than due to a dull buff.

2 hours ago, jwiz said:

I disagree.

Socketing +LL per hit is a sad joke compared to the damage (mini) bosses deal on high diff.

Simple heath regen as a passive stat is a bad game mechanic or at least a waste. I want health when I need it and not as a some lame background buff that fills up my hp pool while I run around.

In fact, I'm all in for removing health regen from the game at all.

Shields are a sad excuse for a low hp pool and bad mechanic as well, at least as long as they arent as well executed as in PoE for instance.

What on earth are you talking about? :blink:

And since when does health/mana regen counts as a (dull) buff or mechanic? I have no idea where you're going with this reasoning.

10 hours ago, SANGEL said:

I suggest giving the last modifier of baneful smite 100% chance to chain more enemies(ideally 5-6),significantly increase cast range, while giving flaring nova better damage scaling end_game.

Can we just give cleansing brilliance some + magic damge and spell intensity for relevance, it has pretty cool animation though.

I'll review these CA's and determine if they need a boost.  I like the chain lightning effect a lot.

Another thing I observed while playing is that combat arts like b_vault and s_step are really good for map navigation.

Maybe we could have this type of combat art for dragon mage, inquisitor, temple guardian too?

Dragon Mage has "Jump" while in Dragon Form, and Temple Guardian has Propelled Levitation, which I made able to cross rivers, canyons, hills, etc.   Though both CA's are removed in "Enhanced Spells" module as I never held much regard for movement CA's like that.

The main issue is if I add a movement CA, for example to the Inquisitor, which one do I replace?  Hmmm.....remember that early cinematic of Sacred 2, with the Inquisitor fighting the Seraphim?  He sort of had a cool teleport move.

BTW,  I really wish assailing somersault don't have to target enemies and could just be used for transportation and offense alike.

I don't think I can do that without breaking other properties of the CA.

We should maybe integrate something like boss_arena mod for the end_game too?  We could have a crucible with enough space like that of the mount island.

It's feasible.  The concept of Boss Arena could be developed to include dialogue and more bosses, as well as increasingly difficult battles.

The first thing is sets. I mentioned this one earlier. Sets in sacred2 do not offer great end_game set bonuses.

I'm sure the sets would benefit from a thorough review and redesign of set bonuses.  The mini-sets for each character especially feel very slapped together with no regard for any kind of coherent theme or design.  I've made the pieces visually match better in EE; I suppose I can take a look at the bonuses as well.  :)

22 minutes ago, Flix said:

He sort of had a cool teleport move.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that trailer while developing the "Imperious Advent" CA for the Inquisitor. That one is present in the Addendum Extra version, replaces the Levin Array, since Levin Array is the weapon attack of the powerfist piece of the Judicator set.

Edited by dimitrius154
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Field testing with high level Sinister Predator shows definite increase in attack rating and attack speed for ranged weapons only. Tested with bows, throwing knives, throwing potions bows, swords and axes. Ranged weapons receive the boni, melee - don't.

Interesting.  Just so I know, is the spez2 actually doing any work, or is the bonus name alone enough to cause the check for ranged weapons?

52 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that trailer while developing the "Imperious Advent" CA for the Inquisitor. That one is present in the Addendum Extra version, replaces the Levin Array, since Levin Array is the weapon attack of the powerfist piece of the Judicator set. 

I think I can't wait to try the beta release.  It will be nice to play something that isn't my own creation - like not having to eat one's own cooking for once.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Flix said:

spez2 actually doing any work

spez2 looks irrelevant for the specific "cSpellDrProjektilfokus"  spellclass. If used as a bonus it should work normally.

10 hours ago, Flix said:

I think I can't wait to try the beta release.

Technically, these things are present in the alpha posted. The beta is still in the works, I'm trying to get it to the release as bug-free, as possible. Fortunately, I have no publisher, or, Heaven forbid, financial executive hurrying me up.

[EDIT] OK, so it was about the "causesSpellDamage" flag, after all. After quite a bit of search(and quite a bit of spirits), I've singled out both the server and the client parts. Equipment modifiers now behave the same way same way they do in Sacred Underworld, that is they affect both weapon- and spell-damage CA's.

[EDIT2] Fixing the LL% to make it leech from current health, instead of max. turned out to be easy. A single wrong function parameter value.

[EDIT3] The "Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy" issue, as I see it:

The devs had an idea, that Divine Protection is sort of a turbocharge mode for the power source. And, once fired, it forces a shutdown for the more stable-consumption Warding Energy. Similar to the railgun on the Zumwalt prototype disrupting the engines. The idea was not properly implemented.

So, now the issue is gone and there's a healthy chunk of free code space.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
15 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

[EDIT2] Fixing the LL% to make it leech from current health, instead of max. turned out to be easy. A single wrong function parameter value. 

Sounds great. Hopefully this can be included into S2EE as well.

Btw, is the Strength attribute broken in S2EE?

I respec'ed my Inquisistor yesterday from ranged 2-hand energy (ranged attack lore) lance to 2-hand light saber (sword lore), as I wanted to play him 'Darth Vader' style anyways.

I also moved the points I put into Dexterity to Strength but I only see the increase in attack value (as expected) but no damage increase, though Strength should also increase the base damage, or has this been changed in S2EE?

P.S.:

maybe outfitting the battle daemon with the Dryad's Black Curse instead of the Poison Nova would be a better choice?

Edited by jwiz
15 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I have been further experimenting with my Inquisitor (level. 36) and the battle daemon (level. 22).
To me it seems she keels over far too quickly to big boss dots (I.e. kraken, dragon, etc.).
I think she could do with some damping or dotdamping, at least on the 3rd modifier.
She is currently also barely able to kill a young red elite dragon. She manages in the end but it takes ages.
Seems her hit chances are abysmally low against them, much lower even than the Inquisitor's chance against them.

Btw, is it intended that the single player campaign has travel access to the Dryad Island and the Wastelands, even before the quest progress?

And finally a long standing issue: the dragon fire amulet, as a main quest reward before the dragon encounter, should really be updated to something more useful.
Right now it's barely more than vendor trash.

P.S.:

maybe outfitting the battle daemon with the Dryad's Black Curse spell instead of the Poison Nova would be a better choice?

Edited by jwiz
3 hours ago, jwiz said:

Btw, is the Strength attribute broken in S2EE?

I respec'ed my Inquisistor yesterday from ranged 2-hand energy (ranged attack lore) lance to 2-hand light saber (sword lore), as I wanted to play him 'Darth Vader' style anyways.

I also moved the points I put into Dexterity to Strength but I only see the increase in attack value (as expected) but no damage increase, though Strength should also increase the base damage, or has this been changed in S2EE?

Willpower increases the damage of light sabers, not Strength.  This information should be present in the tooltips.  This is a long standing community patch feature, not EE.

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

I think she could do with some damping or dotdamping, at least on the 3rd modifier.
She is currently also barely able to kill a young red elite dragon. She manages in the end but it takes ages.

I'll review her hit chance and damage resistance.  Did you take the Fire Demon mod? If so she could be struggling against the Dragons' fire damage mitigation.

1 hour ago, jwiz said:

And finally a long standing issue: the dragon fire amulet, as a main quest reward before the dragon encounter, should really be updated to something more useful.
Right now it's barely more than vendor trash. 

Have to disagree.  Both modifiers look pretty useful vs. a Dragon.

image.png.5b1ee7851903fd16c2547484eae1532c.png

That flat fire armor value will also be tripled in EE 2.3+.

3 hours ago, SANGEL said:

Could we implement a modifier that not only decides which skill(convert faith/flaing nova) the pet use,

but also its armor?

Sure, in fact I think that's a really good idea. A visual change really makes it feel more like an upgrade.

The shaman pet of dryad moves rather slow, not aggressive at all and seldom use her skills-----------outlier spotted. (The model is quite an eye candy though)

Strange, I had no such issues when testing her.

Can we have a more Mechy sentinel for temple guardian, like using some armor sets of the class?

I like the current T-Energy guardian because it doesn't appear anywhere else in the game.

The succubus.... em I like the hero from the first game, but is there a chance we have a more voluptuous model(LOL) or a high res one?

Uh... she's pretty voluptuous and high res already.  :D

1510561409_succubusd2f.thumb.jpg.2e077c95fb1c8a57e202fe28526f3240.jpg

But I guess I know the kind of thing you're looking for.

big_0037.thumb.jpg.9accf5800658d0f838a6b33187c1842e.jpg

• Respect! 1
35 minutes ago, Flix said:

But I guess I know the kind of thing you're looking for.

EVIL laughter......

36 minutes ago, Flix said:

I like the current T-Energy guardian because it doesn't appear anywhere else in the game.

Wow,I don't know that, that's quite unique.

Em, T-Energy Modules/Technical Modules sets of the hero temple guardian are also great choices,

and .... em personal opinion, I just thought the temple guardian doesn't look quite right without a cannon on his left hand.

Can we give him a shorter but bigger weapon for his right hand?

The sword is way too long and looks a little awkward on a very thin frame.

It might look perfect if the pet is a little bit bulkier though.

--- This is just my personal view, I think there are lots of people that prefer Pindleskin than THICKNESS.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Willpower increases the damage of light sabers, not Strength.  This information should be present in the tooltips.  This is a long standing community patch feature, not EE.

I'll review her hit chance and damage resistance.  Did you take the Fire Demon mod? If so she could be struggling against the Dragons' fire damage mitigation.

Thanks, I totally forgot about that, as I have hardly any experience with the light sabers.

---

No, I did take the Poison Demon mod.

Currently (I.e. vs. Octagolamus, Ordaucil, Carnach) she died at least 3 times during the boss fight, always due to the dot the bosses apply.

---

I have also been testing the 2.4EE testmod a bit against the Carnach.

I think the Carnach is a hard fight now, though not a very interesting one, even though the Carnach seems more agile than before.

During the first 3rd of the combat, he  just tried to stamp on me or hit me with his staff and teleporting behind me, well kind of behind me, as he was really still standing over me.

That btw, leads to some silly attack animation as the Inquisitor still hits in the direction where the Carnach used to be and I had to turn him round manually to stop him from looking stupid.

His hits still count as the hitbox of the Carnach is obviously big enough.

The fight only gets interesting when he spawns his adds and you have to run around to avoid their damage and get away from the fire traps.

The Carnach seems to do a better job than I remember following me around during this phase of the fight, though I was still able to separate him from his adds.

In abt. the last 3rd of the fight he defaults back to the behaviour of the first 3rd.

In 2 fights I also spawned the Sakkara demon on him and the Sakkara (with a little help from the battle daemon) made fairly short work of the Carnach, even though through lengthy periods of the fight the Sakkara just stood around seemingly figuring out where to move next.

All my Inquisitor had to do, was stand-by and watch the show.

Altogether the Carnach seems the more agile one of the two, but the Sakkara simply overpowered him (though 1 level under par).

Strangely the Sakkara did not explode or otherwise expire after the fight, even though his life span was well exceeded, see below screenshot, where the Divine Gift (750sec cooldown) was almost halfways back, but the Sakkara was still walking about (but not attacking me):

Sakkara_vs_Carnach.thumb.jpg.801c4dfe27fa117f1daec9f88bf49ddb.jpg

Edited by jwiz
  • Thanks! 1
17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

[EDIT] OK, so it was about the "causesSpellDamage" flag, after all. After quite a bit of search(and quite a bit of spirits), I've singled out both the server and the client parts. Equipment modifiers now behave the same way same way they do in Sacred Underworld, that is they affect both weapon- and spell-damage CA's.

I guess that means some re-balancing is in order; otherwise I foresee a lot of spell-damage builds becoming god-like with LL, RpH, Deathblow, Chance to Disregard Armor, Direct Damage, Deep/Deadly/Serious Open Wounds, Armor & Defense debuffs... :Just_Cuz_21:

Hallelujah.  Now it could potentially be made a little stronger and not quite so rare, since it will no longer be an unbalanced "must have" boss destroyer.

[EDIT3] The "Divine Protection deactivates Warding Energy" issue, as I see it:

The devs had an idea, that Divine Protection is sort of a turbocharge mode for the power source. And, once fired, it forces a shutdown for the more stable-consumption Warding Energy. Similar to the railgun on the Zumwalt prototype disrupting the engines. The idea was not properly implemented.

:yay:  What is the new behavior?

Any plans to do anything with the free space?

24 minutes ago, Flix said:

becoming god-like with LL, RpH, Deathblow, Chance to Disregard Armor, Direct Damage, Deep/Deadly/Serious Open Wounds, Armor & Defense debuffs..

Well, it's the diversity in equality, you know. Everyone's different, just like the next guy. FJTgecj.jpg

Actually, getting all those modifiers with sufficient values quickly requires either: great luck(yeah, right), cheating(every veteran of Diablo 2 and Median was pure as the driven snow, yessir), or using the unique and set downloads from DarkMatters(which won't work well, since itemtypes for most weapons have changed).

What the new behavior?

A practical one. Divine Protection behaves as a separate CA, not affecting the Warding Energy buff.

No plans for now, since "the queen has many". There should be enough code space to complete the remaining objectives.

Edited by dimitrius154

Regarding the issue, where riders are torn to bloody shreds upon being killed by certain CAs:

This is not a code-side issue, the solution lies within creatures.txt. Rider and mount both must have the hascorpse flag set to 1.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

This is not a code-side issue, the solution lies within creatures.txt. Rider and mount both must have the hascorpse flag set to 1.

Ok, looks it was just "Mount_Enemy_Wolf_Cobold", "Mount_Enemy_Boar_brown", and "Mount_enemy_scarabaeus_sandppl",

Changed the hascorpse flag to 1.  Was that all of them?

I guess I should also check custom enemy mounts I made in D2F too.

That issue aside, have you ever noticed that sometimes it seems like it's the mount that registers as the "kill," as opposed to the rider?

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Was that all of them?

Yes, that's correct for non-D2F versions.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

That issue aside, have you ever noticed that sometimes it seems like it's the mount that registers as the "kill," as opposed to the rider?

Yes, a very rare occasion. In fact, looks like only the very first rider kill during a game session is affected.

Edited by dimitrius154

Hey guys, regarding the High Elf's inability to use the Incandescent and Crystal Skin buffs in conjunction, is that reversible? As in, is it possible to change the code so that you can actually make a triple buff HE without resorting to the Fire Demon buff?

32 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Hey guys, regarding the High Elf's inability to use the Incandescent and Crystal Skin buffs in conjunction, is that reversible? As in, is it possible to change the code so that you can actually make a triple buff HE without resorting to the Fire Demon buff?

I'm not sure it should be though.

You think it would be more OP than a triple buff Paladin?! :lol:

I do realize the implications of running all three together though, but if spells can make use of weapon modifiers I want a ubber High Elf, ha ha ha.

19 minutes ago, Androdion said:

You think it would be more OP than a triple buff Paladin?!

Holy Freeze and Holy Fire are also mutually exclusive, for the same reason.

It wasn't a jab at you, and I was talking about the other buffs. You know, like when Chattius and myself were playing?! But yes I do understand the implications of having both Skin buffs running together. My original question though was if it was possible via coding or not.