Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

12 minutes ago, Androdion said:

The quests' integration is excellent, congrats mate! I can see them being very fluid in their development. New items go in line with your recent talks about physical damage converters and are well achieved as well. One question though, they don't actually do damage conversion do they?! At least it doesn't show in the pics.

Thanks.  As it turns out you can't actually convert TO physical damage, only FROM.  And I'm not convinced that you can convert other damage types at all, for example fire into poison. Need to test more to be sure.

So these items are meant to be useful for a physical weapon or physical-based build, by featuring other modifiers in lieu of damage conversion.

So that you don't leave the damage modifier socket open if you don't want to convert it, at least you can put some boni there. Gotcha.

If you couldn't convert elemental into elemental then how would damage conversion work on a weapon with only elemental damage? Because it works as far as I know. Just pick up a weapon like Essence of Dark Matters and socket a damage converter, it should be easy to check if it has any effect or not.

• 2 weeks later...

@Flix Regarding improper skill and CA boni on items: there's no balanced way to ensure the proper assignment for 'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT'( Guess it can be done based on local hero class, but then general rings and amulets would be affected). Thus, I think, that an adequate solution could be to restrict class-specific skill and CA boni from spawning on non-class-specific weaponry.

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Thus, I think, that an adequate solution could be to restrict class-specific skill and CA boni from spawning on non-class-specific weaponry.

This would be accomplished by just manually going into each bonusgroup that appears on weapons and removing any class-specific bonuses?  Sounds a bit like cutting the baby in half, but I couldn't be sure how many builds rely on such bonuses on weapons.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

This would be accomplished by just manually going into each bonusgroup that appears on weapons and removing any class-specific bonuses?

That's correct. I'm still reviewing the item generation code, on whether a better solution can be implemented. 

4 hours ago, Flix said:

This would be accomplished by just manually going into each bonusgroup that appears on weapons and removing any class-specific bonuses?  Sounds a bit like cutting the baby in half, but I couldn't be sure how many builds rely on such bonuses on weapons.

The problem with that would be afaik, that various default gear items types are shared among hero classes and just appropriately skinned according to the local hero.

So removing unwanted boni from bonusgroups attachted to that gear, would remove it for all hero classes that share the specific gear item type, which creates another unwanted issue.

17 minutes ago, jwiz said:

removing unwanted boni from bonusgroups attachted to that gear, would remove it for all hero classes that share the specific gear item type, which creates another unwanted issue.

Only general-issue weapons seem to be affected by the original issue, since only weapons have 'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT'.

@Flix

Inquisitor-only bonus groups are present on "BGW_ranged_bow_normal, "BGW_ranged_bow_magic, "BGW_ranged_bow_rare

Guardian-only bonus groups are present on "BGW_magestaff_normal, "BGW_magestaff_magic, "BGW_magestaff_2h_normal, "BGW_magestaff_2h_magic, "BGW_pole_magic 

These contribute to the issue.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks! 1

On the community patch is

"It seems that CM Patch 1.60 has introduced a minor issue. Its description can be found in this post.

This issue can be resolved by navigating to ...\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\shared and editing spells.txt with Notepad++. In line 656 where it reads entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1000, 0, 0, 9 }, replace 1000 with 1. Save and you're done. Be sure to back up the file prior to editing it. If you have any doubts about it please post in the comments section."

Is this still accurate? The link leads to page 22 of this thread. So should this be 1, 1000, or delete it? If if it's delete, what exactly should be removed?

On 4/26/2020 at 5:44 AM, Torrentula81 said:

Is this still accurate? The link leads to page 22 of this thread. So should this be 1, 1000, or delete it? If if it's delete, what exactly should be removed?

Simplest thing is to change the 1000 to 1.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

"Lord of a Castle" NPC renamed to Baron Reikenstein.

It might be worth adjusting the string 2874219187. One monument in the area states, that owners of Reikenstein are Counts.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

- Fixed a vanilla scripting bug whereby hundreds of opponents had broken skills (Tactics Lore, Armor Lore, and Aspect Lores were most common).

Interesting - what's that about?

2 hours ago, Flix said:

- A few unique quest NPC's got unique appearances instead of being ice elemental clones: The Djinn, The Passive Water Elemental, The Air Elemental (Will-o'-Wisps quest).
 - Some unused High Elf and Human character designs were activated and assigned to various quest NPC's: Aaron King of Thieves, Varnar, Informant Harol, Commander Iskari, Officer Shabbovsky, Sentry Hicks.
 - Improved variation of male and female quest characters in Artamark. Now over 2 dozen different designs are used instead of the same 3 NPC's over and over.

Is it possible to get a dump for these?

58 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

It might be worth adjusting the string 2874219187. One monument in the area states, that owners of Reikenstein are Counts.

I think he's the Baron of the central Barony, going by the lore that Ascaron released about Artamark, there are three Baronies: Urthamark (green, Mascarell in internal files), DeMordrey (red), and the Central barony (blue). Reikenstein is flying the blue heraldry.  And then the king lives in Griffinborough.  This is just a guess though, they were not exactly consistent with this lore.  

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting - what's that about?

That was that thing we discussed where all those enemies had the advanced = 1, flag set for many of their skills.  This rendered the skill inactive for NPC's.  I changed all such instances to advanced = 0, instead.  This reactivated the skills.  The most visible way to confirm this is when an enemy like Blade Spiders had Toughness, you can see the extra armor appear in their health bar after making this correction.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

In the purest sense of the word, yes, I can dump my working notes on you.  I don't feel like taking a lot of time making them more palatable but I think you can figure them out.  I'll send when I get home from work in a couple hours.

• Thanks! 1
37 minutes ago, Flix said:

That was that thing we discussed where all those enemies had the advanced = 1, flag set for many of their skills. 

Thank you for reminding about that one, with the recent 23 issues resolved I've compeletely forgotten about it. Of course, only itemtypes 1,51,93,94,209,210,1949 can have skills with the advanced = 1.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'm attaching the list I was working from.  I think it's all of them, though I do tend to make decisions on the fly.

Numbers alone like 10267, are itemtypes.

Numbers preceded by parentheses like (4083, are taskcreatures

taskcreature changes.txt

3 minutes ago, Flix said:

Only for a Shadow path High Elf.

Hmm, I've always wondered, as to why the usually practical Inquisitor wouldn't simply snap Varnar's neck, thus annulling any debts there are. No man, no problem.

Yes it's out of character.  I guess it's supposed to be some of the humor/tension of the quest.  The dark overlord type trying to act like a responsible dad.  Taking her to the recruitment office and signing her up for the guard... I always imagined that his murdering of that monk (who tries to blackmail) immediately afterward was his way of blowing off some steam after all that restraint.  :D

By the way, I don't know if any mention of Varnar being called "Dylaith" survived past CM 1.60 but you may want to check your texts.  There's no Dylaith in EE.

• Thanks! 1
29 minutes ago, Flix said:

was his way of blowing off some steam after all that restraint

I rather consider killing some remote archivist, instead of intimidating him, while fulfilling a crimelord's demands(instead of sending him to the land of eternal hunt) to be a significant deviation from the time-honored path of Lawful Evil:smile:

Edited by dimitrius154
27 minutes ago, Flix said:

By the way, I don't know if any mention of Varnar being called "Dylaith" survived past CM 1.60 but you may want to check your texts. 

Multiple occurrences. I've also replaced all instances of nobles mentioned to be Counts to Barons for the Artamark region.

Edited by dimitrius154

While browsing for sitings to be changed, I've stumbled upon a cute quote:

"In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes."

The Russian version has suitable translation, with a reference to a certain French writer:

"In a democracy all vote for one; in feudalism, one votes for all."

:3lmao:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've also replaced all instances of nobles mentioned to be Counts to Barons for the Artamark region.

Well, I believe there's only 3 living Barons, one for each of the three baronies.  Counts are supposed to be higher ranked traditionally? So yeah it wouldn't make sense for there to be any Counts in Artamark, as the 3 Barons are said to be the lords of their respective realms.

• Respect! 1