TASKCREATURE_2834  Soldier of the Scouting Party
TASKCREATURE_8015  Private Rinarn
TASKCREATURE_8086  Guard Leader
TASKCREATURE_8712  High Elf Archer
TASKCREATURE_6059  Ranger Menteriel
TASKCREATURE_7139  Soldier
TASKCREATURE_7163  Soldier Malken
TASKCREATURE_8714  High Elf Archer

So, 9 mostly forgettable bit parts in various quests.

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Flix said:

I've just made aware via a fan on the Nexus that Kuan's Breath is currently broken in 2.4.

Basically, right now it's more like "Kuan's Peace" because it makes all enemies into friends.  :hugs:

the great balance speaks...

:lol:

gogo

• Haha 1

Seems to me that with the buff on yellow items that comes with the S2EE patch, the legendaries got the sticky end.

I've notice this on several occasion, esp. on amulets/rings and damage modifiers.

Apparently, the legendaries could do with a rework.

Below you have an example of that:

pesitilent_fang.thumb.jpg.7d7bb6fdc377ce0c7b831be6b20fe09b.jpg

poison_fang_yellow.thumb.jpg.18bf9427975b85d773897c144c19fe40.jpg

Golden (brown if you prefer) items are unique, legendaries are orange. And there's quite the difference in the bonuses on your example, the yellow one increases the chance to cause Poison as a secondary effect, so basically your chance to cause Poison DOT. The golden one however increases the amount of Poison damage you can deal, globally. Those bonuses are not the same, so their percentages can't be compared directly.

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Golden (brown if you prefer) items are unique, legendaries are orange. And there's quite the difference in the bonuses on your example, the yellow one increases the chance to cause Poison as a secondary effect, so basically your chance to cause Poison DOT. The golden one however increases the amount of Poison damage you can deal, globally. Those bonuses are not the same, so their percentages can't be compared directly.

This is correct.  These are two different bonuses.

@jwiz If you have other examples let me know and I will address them.

6 hours ago, Androdion said:

Oh yes, you're right, these are *just* Uniques with a different stat set, so no wonder.

I seem to always mistake them for Legendaries.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had much time to play over the past month or so, so much that today was my second time playing in something like two weeks. Still, today was the day that I completed my first campaign (Silver) in EE's most recent iteration. :)

I've been playing from the start in Hardcore mode. I hate dying and loosing my SB, so I finally decided to just go with Hardcore mode and if I die, I die. Right now the coding in EE makes it so that Hardcore mode disables quests that give extra attribute or skill points. At first I thought to myself "bummer", but after playing almost 70 levels with a squishy toon and going back to the vanilla quests and mobs back from D2F I actually don't seem to miss those extra quests. Furthermore, the fact that you're playing a "do or die" toon and that you can't have any extra help makes it so that the game feels more challenging. Slower development yes, but you can just stack +%XP per kill to climb levels faster.

My point with this post being this, I think that in future versions this coding issue could might as well be a feature. Hardcore is the most challenging you'll get since you don't respawn, so not having any extra help gives it a good vanilla feel and an added challenge that feels very welcomed. Just my two cents.

• Like! 1

Now's a good time for feedback!  Now that Addendum's out, I'm working on building EE 2.5.

Right now I'm considering adding an optional module that enables all quests in all modes (and also has respawning bosses).  This would give some more leeway to make the CORE version of the mod more restrictive, since the option to have the endlessly repeating quests and battles would still be there, but only if desired.

I'll probably want to try implementing a Boss Arena as well.  It would be modified version of HellFire.

• Like! 1

Sounds nice to me. I didn't find much to give feedback about on my campaign run, everything seemed to work rather well. The High Elf's Wind Serpent mount has these weird lighting issues every now and then, but I believe this is something going all the way back from the vanilla game. I've since exchanged it for an Elite dragon and that never happened again. I don't think it's anything worth busting your head to be honest.

I've noticed that both the Phantom and Blood Dragons are exclusive to D2F, are they Diablo-themed?

13 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I've noticed that both the Phantom and Blood Dragons are exclusive to D2F, are they Diablo-themed?

The Phantom Dragon is present in the base game & EE, but in an entirely different context. It is a boss opponent in the Dragon Mage's class quest.  The funeral rites for a fellow Dragon Mage result in a manifestation of a powerful spirit dragon.

This opponent was replaced with a unique earth elemental in D2F, since the Dragon Mage became the Druid and the quest was heavily rewritten.  Therefore the ghost dragon got moved to the Wastelands.

The Blood Dragon was just an opportunity to make a new foe. Something really twisted and fitting for the Cursed Forest.  The goal was to have a Dragon boss in every single region in D2F.

I haven't made adding new custom opponents a goal of EE, so it was never included.

I would love to have the possibilty (extra module?) with 3 more skillslots for the utility skills. I dont have the time to level a extra Char for Trading / Smithing...
If you want to prevent that the player chooses other skills, maybe it is possible to make them level 1 fix Skills that the player has after starting at level 1.

Loving Boss fights <3 Always more are welcome. I have seen that you have tons of new Bosses in Diablo Fallen. Why not make some nice Mini Quest in the World with the Theme that a unknown evil is tyring to Enter Ancaria and we can slay these Bosses. :D

Actually we are playing Addendum. But would love to play EE with another Char. But have not found a way to instal Sacred two times on my PC.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

The Phantom Dragon is present in the base game & EE, but in an entirely different context. It is a boss opponent in the Dragon Mage's class quest.  The funeral rites for a fellow Dragon Mage result in a manifestation of a powerful spirit dragon.

This opponent was replaced with a unique earth elemental in D2F, since the Dragon Mage became the Druid and the quest was heavily rewritten.  Therefore the ghost dragon got moved to the Wastelands.

The Blood Dragon was just an opportunity to make a new foe. Something really twisted and fitting for the Cursed Forest.  The goal was to have a Dragon boss in every single region in D2F.

I haven't made adding new custom opponents a goal of EE, so it was never included.

Thanks for the explanation. :) I think the Blood Dragon fits oh so well with the Cursed Forest, and since we already have the T-Mutant Dragon boss I don't see why there isn't room for its Blood counterpart. Funny that no one ever thought about adding a "Crystal Dragon" too. I think that's an interesting route, adding a dragon boss to each area of the expansion. I'm not counting Narmul of course.

I'm not very keen on having more than 10 skills to be honest. Right now I'd love to be able to place two or three more skills on my EE toon, but if I did that without having to sacrifice my previous skill choices my toon would become a be all end all, so to speak. The fact that we need to make choices and adapt to them is what gives this game replay value. Being able to make a "master toon" that has all the necessary skills pretty much voids replaying that build in different ways.

On 9/14/2020 at 11:54 PM, Androdion said:

I'm not very keen on having more than 10 skills to be honest. Right now I'd love to be able to place two or three more skills on my EE toon, but if I did that without having to sacrifice my previous skill choices my toon would become a be all end all, so to speak. The fact that we need to make choices and adapt to them is what gives this game replay value. Being able to make a "master toon" that has all the necessary skills pretty much voids replaying that build in different ways.

Yes, I absolutely can understand that. I normaly Hate it than games do that. But nowadays I sometimes like it if it supports it a little. I gues my favoruite Solution would be that I have 2 utility skill slots that can only be used for these Skills and the rest stays normal.  

EDIT:

In German: Dryad Skills Alternate CA. Module: Venemous Entrapment is in German Still called: "Sprint"

I would love to have the same CA Details in German as I have in English.  There a no Values of the CAs listet in the German Version.

Edited by Ellie
I dont want to make a Double Post:
  • Thanks! 1

I'm not sure if this is relevant, or an issue per se, but here it goes. On my High Elf I have a Death's Chirr equipped with a Magic Pearl socketed, and every CA from the Pyro and Stormite trees has its elemental damage shown as magic damage in their tooltips. That only happens with that particular weapon. Is this normal?

14 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'm not sure if this is relevant, or an issue per se, but here it goes. On my High Elf I have a Death's Chirr equipped with a Magic Pearl socketed, and every CA from the Pyro and Stormite trees has its elemental damage shown as magic damage in their tooltips. That only happens with that particular weapon. Is this normal?

I think it's because Death's Chirr already has some built in conversion as a modifier.  The GUI is lying to you about CA damage being converted.  The same thing happens when a Temple Guardian sockets a damage converter in his Battery. 

Dmitriy rewrote damage conversion in its entirety at the code level in Addendum but I have not yet been able to pull these changes over.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:19 AM, Ellie said:

In German: Dryad Skills Alternate CA. Module: Venemous Entrapment is in German Still called: "Sprint"

I would love to have the same CA Details in German as I have in English.  There a no Values of the CAs listet in the German Version.

Thanks, I will fix the Venomous Entrapment tooltip.  I will also do what I can to add the numerical values.  But how shall I translate "per level" into German?  For example, a tooltip will say:

" 30% + 0.3% per level "

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Thanks, I will fix the Venomous Entrapment tooltip.  I will also do what I can to add the numerical values.  But how shall I translate "per level" into German?  For example, a tooltip will say:

" 30% + 0.3% per level "

You could translate it if you wamt to into 'pro Stufe' but you simply don't.

'per' being latin is just as fine in German and 'level' has been germanized.

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Flix said:

I think it's because Death's Chirr already has some built in conversion as a modifier.  The GUI is lying to you about CA damage being converted.  The same thing happens when a Temple Guardian sockets a damage converter in his Battery. 

Dmitriy rewrote damage conversion in its entirety at the code level in Addendum but I have not yet been able to pull these changes over.

I suspected that would be the case. Thanks for the reply. :)

I am starting to think that the Lightning lord is not necessarly overpowered per say, but broken due to a strange bug.

I wanted to do a lightning lord run and guess what happened?

I dragged down to near 50-60% after trying a few things, and in the span of a mere few seconds ... he regenerated his entire life!! :B6nFRAh::coffeecup:

Case in point in the following video at the end :

I am wondering if this might not be due to a bug where when you stack him with "%Max hitpoint reduction" (deadly wound, weaken from magic damage etc ....) it creates an unexpected event where he does not just regenerate the % that the debuff inflicted but a huge fraction of his life instead, and if you stack up those things ... he insta regenerate. I am not sure and could be wrong though.

Edited by Daedalus
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Does that test file disable his Charged Bolt spell (the modified Testa with healing)?

As I said above, the healing property is removed and the damage is reduced by 50%.