Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition

Another thing I noticed: When you speak to Assim a second time after you picked him up during light path campaign, he should say smth like "Let's go, one does not simply let a king wait", but the only option you have for his pop-up window is "Ablehnen" ("Decline") which doesn't make any sense. It should rather be "Ok". Well, at least if you're playing german, don't know what he says in other languages and what options you have there.

• Thanks! 1

Found another global.res grammatic error:

False: "In Erinnerung an all die chancenlosen Räuber, Dieb, Halsabschneider und so weiter. Sie hatten nie eine echte Chance."
Correct: "In Erinnerung an all die chancenlosen Räuber, Diebe, Halsabschneider und so weiter. Sie hatten nie eine echte Chance."

EDIT: And two with this expression:

False: "Du hast keine Pflichten und musst niemanden etwas beweisen oder zwanghaft tun. Doch sterben, musst auch du!"
Correct: "Du hast keine Pflichten und musst niemandem etwas beweisen oder zwanghaft tun. Doch sterben musst auch du!"

Edited by Lindor

Had a "Wegelagerer" (Brigand? Bandit?) In the high elf region, more specifically in the blacksmith tutorial/lumberjack amulets cave, which revived as if he was a skeleton.

EDIT: another wierd thing: got an untargetable enemy earth elemental in front of the high elf outpost right before sloeford. It attacked me but I couldn't attack it. I can give screenshot, but it's nothing special, just a regular earth elemental. Also it doesn't have usual enemy behaviour, it follows me across the entire map. I have the suspicion that maybe it was spawned by a kobold mage, maybe while he was fighting a regular high elf soldier of the outpost.

Edited by Lindor
19 minutes ago, Lindor said:

The by the T Energy spider you fight on Mount Island spawned Mini spiders can attack the T-Energy Spider.

T-Mutants are assigned as an enemy of basically everything else in Ancaria.  The baby spiders must sense their mommy has turned into an unnatural mutant.

An alternative is just to remove the spawn spider spell from the mutant version.  I would just do that, If it wasn't for all the various enemy factions set up that cause them to fight often, so I could kind of see it going either way.

• Haha 1

Two translations have been forgotten:

"quetzal's firststrike" should be something like "Quetzal's Erstsschlag" and "Expansive Brustplatte" something like "Große Brustplatte". Unless it's a spelling mistake and actually expensive is meant and not expansive, then it should be "Teure Brustplatte". Since it's a unique for the HE which loves Bling Bling and going shopping, might be.

Btw did you ever manage to find out what makes the spark at the beginning of the reverse polarity casting fx green? That thing is driving me crazy, nothing seems to work, no script, no spark, no gradient hrmpfdgrmbl:spider:

9 hours ago, Lindor said:

Two translations have been forgotten:

"quetzal's firststrike" should be something like "Quetzal's Erstsschlag" and "Expansive Brustplatte" something like "Große Brustplatte". Unless it's a spelling mistake and actually expensive is meant and not expansive, then it should be "Teure Brustplatte". Since it's a unique for the HE which loves Bling Bling and going shopping, might be.

I could be wrong, but somewhere in a long forgotten part of my brain (classmate was forging LARP stuff 20 years ago), I think Expansive Brustplatte is a two part armour, a breastplate covering the front and a rear part for the back. They are tied together with belts. The weakness is that if the front part doesn't overlap the rear part there is a hole in the protection at the sides. 'Expansive' or 'reductive' means in this case that there is some room to move the two parts without opening a hole. Expansive in the case the warrior got fat, reductive if he lost weight ;)

But it could be special smith word for making LARP stuff.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, Lindor said:

Btw did you ever manage to find out what makes the spark at the beginning of the reverse polarity casting fx green? That thing is driving me crazy, nothing seems to work, no script, no spark, no gradient hrmpfdgrmbl:spider:

Don't think so, if it's still green in EE when I changed the rest of it to purple, then I never could figure it out.  Might be one of the gs_ files in hq\fx\symbols\ but then you risk inadvertently recoloring other FX when you touch those.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, Lindor said:

First instance would be whatever the devs gave us and I'm fairly sure German is the base language and the rest are translations. :wacko:

Second instance would be Pesmontis's decision. He made the model, I named it "Breastplate of Expansion" in English, and that was his translation.  Whether he just decided to merge the two languages, or perhaps meant some kind of pun that I wouldn't get, I can't say.  He liked to have fun with the language, like he wanted to call the Black Oaks travel NPC label "Artamarket" because of the description which said "Black Oaks is the largest market in Artamark." I let him handle German translations without really overseeing it.

If you want to make a list of every needed German text change or even prepare your own global_texts, I'll accept it for next release. This is typically how I handle translations because I don't read the languages except English and French so I don't know what the hell I'm looking at/typing.  :sweating:

In the enhanced version of version 3.1, the boss level problem has not been repaired. When receiving the task, the character is level 6. After being upgraded by level 2 on the road, the boss level becomes level 8. When arriving at the task location, the boss level is level 6. Is this a bug or has it not been repaired? If I don't fix this error, I will lose the fun of the game. Suppose I take the task at level 2 and don't complete the task. After I upgrade to level 10, I will complete the task. Boss or level 2, then all bosses can be killed in this way. What's the point of playing like this?

图片1.jpg

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Don't think so, if it's still green in EE when I changed the rest of it to purple, then I never could figure it out.  Might be one of the gs_ files in hq\fx\symbols\ but then you risk inadvertently recoloring other FX when you touch those.

Yee still green in 3.1. It's special cause it's a 6-spiked star but with asymmetrical rotation, same for the levin array casting FX, it's the same spark but different color, the zaps are recolorizable but the spark isn't. There is no fitting symbol in hq/fx/symbols.

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Second instance would be Pesmontis's decision. He made the model, I named it "Breastplate of Expansion" in English, and that was his translation.  Whether he just decided to merge the two languages, or perhaps meant some kind of pun that I wouldn't get, I can't say.  He liked to have fun with the language, like he wanted to call the Black Oaks travel NPC label "Artamarket" because of the description which said "Black Oaks is the largest market in Artamark." I let him handle German translations without really overseeing it.

He was a naughty one, eh?:lol:

17 hours ago, Flix said:

If you want to make a list of every needed German text change or even prepare your own global_texts, I'll accept it for next release. This is typically how I handle translations because I don't read the languages except English and French so I don't know what the hell I'm looking at/typing.  :sweating:

Sure I'll set smth up. However you might be faster than me with the next release, even if you're working on D2F in the meantime. You know how slow I am:D

26 minutes ago, jedijimi said:

Hi All. @Flix Is there a spot to get ogre knuckles? I searched via sacred wiki and here via search button, but did not come up with one other than this thread. If you stated weather they are available or not I have missed it. Thx in advance. BTW Me wife and I love your EE. We finally after a bit of messing around, got to come together always via LAN.

Hello!  As their name suggests, Ogre Knuckles may be dropped by any enemy with the "Orc" subfamily. So that includes Orcs, Goblins, and Ogres.  You're going to want to farm for them in Nor Plat.

Blacksmiths also have a chance to sell them in their stock.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

gs_coloring10 and gs_coloring13 look to be green.

Thx, that's not it either. Also gs_coloring1 has a little green in it, also no result. But it gave me an idea for another list: What about a collection for multi-purposed colorized images where everything the image affects is listed? Not something I would be of much use though, generally I try to avoid multi-purposed files and find other ways, so I don't have much knowledge to share here.

12 hours ago, Flix said:

Ogre Knuckles may be dropped by any enemy with the "Orc" subfamily. So that includes Orcs, Goblins, and Ogres.  You're going to want to farm for them in Nor Plat.

Blacksmiths also have a chance to sell them in their stock.

I'm sorry. I meant for a downloadable ogre knuckle. After a re-read I can see how you arrived with your answer.

Not sure if right place to ask.  So while out and about my wife and I stumbled across a vendor that sold us unique mounts. It wasn't the quest. Does anybody know the location of this vendor or is he a random spawn anywhere in the world?

#edit
We play with EE that's why I asked here thinking it was an add in.

Edited by jedijimi
1 hour ago, jedijimi said:

Not sure if right place to ask.  So while out and about my wife and I stumbled across a vendor that sold us unique mounts. It wasn't the quest. Does anybody know the location of this vendor or is he a random spawn anywhere in the world?

#edit
We play with EE that's why I asked here thinking it was an add in.

The Elite Mounts vendor resides in the Jungle Temple of the Gods. However since EE 3.0, he will only sell the mounts after: either the main Unique Mounts OR the Ice & Blood Mounts quest (A Roof Over the Head) is complete.  He will also require you to complete a short quest of his own before he transforms into a vendor.

Both of the vanilla mounts quests now include extra dialogue and journal entries that point you to the Jungle to find him.

Hello to all those who crawl through the deeper code of Sacred 2. ^^

Does anybody knows whether Damage Lore and Wounds work together?
Wiki says "Increases the chance to trigger Secondary Effects (burn, freeze, wound, weaken, poison) of the respective damage types."
But I tried it with Open Wounds and the chance to inflict Open Wounds didn't increase. :(
(It works with the other damage types, though.)

I would like to try the stupid thing of going damage lore, dual wieldinh AND sword mastery to level 75, to inflict Serious Open Wounds, Deadly Wounds, Burn and Poison alltogether to one enemy. I took test-save with level 100, equiped a weapon with chance for Open Wounds and skilled Damage Lore. But in spite of the wiki, the chance of Open Wounds didn't increase. :o

12 minutes ago, Roderick said:

But I tried it with Open Wounds and the chance to inflict Open Wounds didn't increase

Was "Chance to Inflict Open Wounds" an explicit property on a weapon? If so, it's not affected by Damage Lore, only the chance, that stems from a weapon's raw damage is.