AngryJoe Plays Sacred 3 on Twitch

SX255

Well, here is a pro reviewer who can kick rears verbally goes into the “The game that shall not be named” with an open mind and friends. Even quickly reminds the viewers at the start that he didn’t like Sacred 2 that much.

A 2 and a half hour video...

http://www.twitch.tv/angryjoeshow/b/555014966

He ends up losing it after an hour and a half, just walks out at the 2 hour mark, and then for the last half hour all the players are just burned out.

Final thoughts are at 2:28 mark

Edited by SX255

This is twitch as opposed to a twenty or thirty minute review on YouTube, so not too shocked he is random while playing the game. As mentioned, he gave Sacred 2 a 7/10, pretty much stating that even those bugs and glitches didn't stop the fact he ended up enjoying it. As for the 10/10 rating he gave for The Last of Us Remastered, that's only the fourth game he gave a perfect score, made more significant by the fact he primarily gamed on PC and Xbox last generation, and The Last of Us is a Sony exclusive.

• Like! 1

This is twitch as opposed to a twenty or thirty minute review on YouTube, so not too shocked he is random while playing the game. As mentioned, he gave Sacred 2 a 7/10, pretty much stating that even those bugs and glitches didn't stop the fact he ended up enjoying it. As for the 10/10 rating he gave for The Last of Us Remastered, that's only the fourth game he gave a perfect score, made more significant by the fact he primarily gamed on PC and Xbox last generation, and The Last of Us is a Sony exclusive.

Despite it being a Twitch "Let's Play" video, I've seen random interviews from Joe (such as his Kingdom Under Fire II interview with Blueside) at conferences where he's shown a great amount of pre-interview research (no matter how little time he actually had to prepare). I mean, he had Google at his disposal during the video (and he wasn't playing for most of it), so it seemed lazy compared to the effort he usually puts into everything he does.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of the few reviewers which I actually pay any attention to (Edit: "pay attention to" in the method of actually watching the video...I normally just look up gameplay videos and ignore reviews entirely), and that's simply because he puts effort into his research. It was just disappointing that he didn't know basic information this time around.

Lol, off work now, and watching it and Joe says "it is a 15$ game". Stop repeating me people :D LOL.

Haha! I've noticed that a lot of people have been re-iterating your points. Dobri is a man ahead of his time!

Edited by Mystix123

Man ahead of time, not really... I was biting my nails while waiting for every bit of info about S3 I could get my hands on... Everything I read and saw allowed me to form a very decent idea about this game is going to be. Granted, I had no reviewer demo or game codes the likes of Angry Joe and Total Biscuit get, but I already had the game in my mind. I can only quote the "Picture of you" song...

"I had a picture of you in my mind, never knew it will be so wrong"

Yeah, I still had hope. LOL.

I usually like the content of AngryJoe reviews (I ignore his opinion, I just look at what's presented...his quick points usually give a good idea about a game), but this felt lazy. He kept on stating inaccurate information, such as statements which assume that Ascaron made Sacred 3, and that they were (maybe) a Polish company. He obviously didn't do any research (which he's usually pretty good about), and he had access to Google throughout the video.

He started off very entertained (due to novelty), but that wears off within the first hour (which isn't a good sign for the game).

Gogo: The South Park RPG review was the one which sticks out in my mind as one where he was relatively consistent, and he liked the game.

Generally though, his opinion seems to vary wildly (including within the same review) and he seems to get caught up on the little things. Sometimes I think he's just doing it to try to stay true to the "angry" part of his name, when it really isn't in his nature to be angry.

He seemed to be completely bi-polar about Sacred 2. Both in this video alone: Time 1 = It's an awful game, I hated it. Time 2 = It was a great game, I'm a fan of it. His Saints Row 3 and 4 reviews were completely bi-polar also (and he got hung up on tiny details, and completely missed the point of details in SR3, then caught onto them in SR4...which drastically changed his opinion of each game).

I'll be honest and respond that I wasn't very happy with his review at all. I've gotten some fun laughing at the way he talks and those eye goggle expressions he makes, but for a serious, relatively fair review of something I'd want to purchase, I wasn't able to find bearing on method of presentation. Mystix, you're dead on with with his lack of real reference that, I think, he owes us as fans.

Yes we're big Sacred series fans here, but that doesn't mean with go into any new interation of game with blinders on.

A balanced aproach would have garnered more of my respect for him, but I ultimately came away with the impression that he'd walked in with his gun loaded, with nothing to shoot but boring and meaningless blanks

two thumbs down for angry joe's handling of this review

maybe he needs to take a nap

;)

gogo

• Like! 1

Well, he does need that :D He sure has followers, but he is nowhere near the serious reviews that TotalBiscuit does. TB's reviews are concise, precise, and if he doesn't know something, he says so. He goes through all aspects of the game, including menu options before actually talking about the game. It sure is worth following his reviews, and he also makes steam sale short videos to tell the community what's worth buying and what's not.

• Like! 1

I'll check out Total Biscuit's reviews. I remember getting a laugh out of Joe's review the first time around, but this time it just seemed mean-hearted and lazy

There's just a lot of that out on the net these days, nothing new here

actually a little dissapointed he didn't take this more seriously and give us a better product as review

old joe's gotten..old?

;)

gogo

Angry Joe, Zero Punctuation - though to be fair, he is asked to review a lot of the bad games because people know how he will react and enjoy it (and he is an Australian, I feel I need to defend him) - and a few other always jump on the bad game conga line. Joe's name is an advert of what to expect, but even then, I can only handle him in short bursts. Sometimes I enjoy watching bad games just to see the game play without buying. I think his Rambo review was the only way I could watch that game without being repelled (I tried to watch lets plays but I couldn't handle more than 5 minutes of the game... it is that bad). Road to Hell Redemption was the same.

TB reviews anything, not just the bad games, and I rely on his reviews for a clue as to whether its worth my time or not. I can normally tell within the time frame if its worth looking into or not. Too many bad games get released now under the camouflage of sequels. People get excited about the previous game and don't look into the next one with critical eyes. I was like this with Diablo 3, I just didn't look and bought it blindly. Same would have applied to Sim city but its server issues in the first two weeks stopped me (which is just as well as they just hid bigger issues). Most sequels these days have to be treated like brand new IP's, just cause you know the characters doesn't mean game will be any good. I used to pre order all the time but so far, this year, the only game I have allowed myself to pre order is Diablo 3 on ps4, as I know what its like (having played it already).

I watched Sacred 3 game play, I don't need to ask how he would respond.

Edited by colif

Angry Joe, Zero Punctuation

:nono:

Zero Punctuation is hosted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

Angy Joe has his own - The Angry Joe Show

Two different people, two different shows. They are not in any way related to one another. Yahtzee covers the industry for a snarky Australian point of view. Joe is more of a "USA nr1" type of a guy.

I am sorry, I didn't intend to make out they were the same people. I knew that already :)

I was just using their names as a point of reference, saying some people like reviewing the bad games.

• Like! 1

I usually like the content of AngryJoe reviews (I ignore his opinion, I just look at what's presented...his quick points usually give a good idea about a game), but this felt lazy. He kept on stating inaccurate information, such as statements which assume that Ascaron made Sacred 3, and that they were (maybe) a Polish company. He obviously didn't do any research (which he's usually pretty good about), and he had access to Google throughout the video.

He started off very entertained (due to novelty), but that wears off within the first hour (which isn't a good sign for the game).

Gogo: The South Park RPG review was the one which sticks out in my mind as one where he was relatively consistent, and he liked the game.

Generally though, his opinion seems to vary wildly (including within the same review) and he seems to get caught up on the little things. Sometimes I think he's just doing it to try to stay true to the "angry" part of his name, when it really isn't in his nature to be angry.

He seemed to be completely bi-polar about Sacred 2. Both in this video alone: Time 1 = It's an awful game, I hated it. Time 2 = It was a great game, I'm a fan of it. His Saints Row 3 and 4 reviews were completely bi-polar also (and he got hung up on tiny details, and completely missed the point of details in SR3, then caught onto them in SR4...which drastically changed his opinion of each game).

I'll be honest and respond that I wasn't very happy with his review at all. I've gotten some fun laughing at the way he talks and those eye goggle expressions he makes, but for a serious, relatively fair review of something I'd want to purchase, I wasn't able to find bearing on method of presentation. Mystix, you're dead on with with his lack of real reference that, I think, he owes us as fans.

Yes we're big Sacred series fans here, but that doesn't mean with go into any new interation of game with blinders on.

A balanced aproach would have garnered more of my respect for him, but I ultimately came away with the impression that he'd walked in with his gun loaded, with nothing to shoot but boring and meaningless blanks

two thumbs down for angry joe's handling of this review

maybe he needs to take a nap

;)

gogo

MInd you I did look back at his previous reviews and although he said Sacred 2 was bug ridden and a lot of faults he also said he loved the game despite all its faults. So he can't be all bad! And yes I sometimes watch his reviews for laughs, for serious reviews, TotalBiscuit every time.

Edited by podgie_bear

Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Yahtzee just put up his review of the game... 20 days after its release date.

He never releases reviews before the game is out, always after the fact. Since he hadn't played the previous games, he reviewed this game on its merits.. which it has none. Even without the name it has, the voice acting would have condemned it anyway.

• Like! 1

Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Yahtzee just put up his review of the game... 20 days after its release date.

He never releases reviews before the game is out, always after the fact. Since he hadn't played the previous games, he reviewed this game on its merits.. which it has none. Even without the name it has, the voice acting would have condemned it anyway.

True. Bot sometimes he releases reviews within a week of the games release. Guess it took this long to get the word out that the game is... you know.

And for the way he plays out his "anger' I'd say he's fun to watch. Not as a "serious" review though, for someone for someone looking to spend money and want to make an informed decision.

:)

gogo