ugh... 'twas a close call once more

allthough hardly a forum regular anymore, I still hop in from time to time to read up on things.

some of you might remember This about 7 years ago.

and I've just returned once more from the Hospital today with a similar story, only this time ive been in there 4 days, and I will have to take bloodthinners for the rest of my life.

The biggest change however will be that I will have to give up smoking at some point, which is not easy after being a chimney for the past 26 years. ( lights cigarette and ponders on what to write next )

hospital is hell, and its even worse if the nurses and doctors keep you in the bed because they wont risk a clot getting loose ( makes sense ) but with ADD and being a natural oven a hospital bed is probably the worst place to lie still, and it doesnt help much that the bed aint exactly long enough for the likes of me.

what struck me most in the 4 days in the hospital and the going there etc, was how different I've reacted from the first time. I felt calm and somewhat accepting with what was happening to me. since I knew what was happening I knew what to expect and I took it as such.

first off, I asked to be tested at the doctor because I thought what happened before was happening again, also when I got the phonecall that I was to be in the hospital asap, I was allready packing my bag ( unlike last time when I had nothing but the clothes I wore at the time )

and secondly I made sure everything was taken care of at home. I live alone nowadays with my 13 year old fat cat ( if the show us your pets topic is still active somewhere I'll gladly post a pic ) a friend took care of Chico and I made sure everything else was turned off and locked.

its been a strange couple of days but friends came to visit and I got to peek at the unbended website from time to time to see the donations rise and rise some more :D( free wifi in the hospitals YAY )

anyway .. had to get this off my chest and I'll be sure to do some posting left and right again...

PS. save me a skull

DreD

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Glad to know you're getting better; though I kinda knew that already. ;)

It may sound odd, but one of the first things that crossed my mind - and which I didn't post at the time as I had in mind to write it in a PM - was wondering if it wouldn't be better for you to quit smoking. It pleases me to see you realize that too now; especially since I know how hard it can be. After all, I quit smoking after being a chimney for 27 years, eventually smoking about 150 ciggie's a week in the last year. Which is a rough 300 cigarettes a week. :o
So, if you need some mental support, you know where to find me.

Just make sure that your "Unbended grave" remains what it is, a grave for fun, not for real.

Thorin :)

Hey DreD,

Long time no see...glad to hear you are feeling ok. And I know about the smoking thing. Smoked at least a pack a day for 32 years. But have been 'smoke free' for little over a year now.

Have you ever tried E-Cigs? I was skeptical at first but have been on them for a year now. Took a little bit to find a brand that worked for me but have settled on one. Best part is they have about 30 different flavors. I didn't think I would care for them but now that I can actually smell, I love the vanilla ones (cinnamon is good too :) ).

Good luck with this Dredd, it's a good road to travel. Was a huge smoker myself for many many years...I think Sacred was built on those fumes...about two or three years ago quit, and haven't looked back since.

keep posting , write about it, first wee while's the tuffest

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you will be able to loose your ciggy cravings. I can imagine it's hard, but I have a mate who (tried) to stop and his health, even though he wasn't sick or anything, took a turn for the better. His stamina was way up, he lost his smoker's cough (if you're a smoker, or know anyone who does, you know the cough lol) and he had lots of money to save as well.

My mate actually turned to e-cigs as well, and even ones without Tobacco. But, as I said... He tried. Stress got the better of him again, and he occaisionally lights one up now. It's a shame, really.

Be sure to keep yourself strong mentally, because quitting the habit is pretty much all in your head... Good luck DreD!

I have forever support for peeps quitting smoking

Was a super tuff thing for me to do a few years back after about 25 years of it, and am so happy for others who can kick it

Go dredd gooooooooooooooooooo

:gogo:

gogo