When to stop (skills)

colif

So I am playing the self sufficient high elf build and I am curious, when do you stop putting points into the lore? The build doesn't say, all I know is the only skill that doesn't have a point of diminishing returns is Constitution, so do I stop putting points into the lore once its mastered or keep going? Currently level 56 so its not a major problem yet, just planning ahead.

Edited by colif

Going defensive I would go 123 for pyro focus and 75 for pyro lore and bring concentration to 75 to get 3 buffs. In my opinion it is better than being level 140 and having focus and lore at 140 and concentration at 1.

For the damage: the companion gives x% fire damage and so it is an even race. Having 3 buffs is a better chance at a debuffer to keep your shield buff up at the first debuff from an enemy. Without spell resistance the companions lowers the duration and impact of weakening effects at leat a bit.

My playstyle is very much based on heal potions that heal 100% of the characters health. So alchemy is a must have in my builds. I would not have chosen constitution. With alchemy I would pump all points into vitality. Constitution with its passive healing is however the better option for lag at online gaming.

Shield lore is weaker than combat discipline in my eyes. 100% chance to halve reg time and 20% from combat discipline (at mastery) will result that you have only 30% of reg time. This allows to have both fire buffs with their damage boosts at high levels.

But who I am to tell you, I never played a pyro elf :)

its about surviving more than dps at moment. I haven't died but she sure hates those scorpions in the desert, and the spitting spiders in swamp didn't help much. Resistances are a problem I guess, I never have to deal with them on SW as he hides behind his buffs more. HE buffs add damage, not much defence (but I can understand why). It is too late for me to change anything in build besides the last choice.

I wouldn't have pumped 140 into the focus without confirmation its a good idea. Lore I can see being helpful as its more damage. I have gotten to level 141 on SW before so I sort of know what I am doing. It is why I asked here really, as there was no clear sign what to do besides try to get three skills to 75 by 75 (not going to happen, I am not as regimented with my skill application as some, bargaining got more than stamina got before 50. I had been adding to concentration too, along the way.

She is fragile but she kills things without trying. My SW wouldn't mind that ability.

For the pyro focus: it allows higher buffs = higher damage and defense. The +x% damage curve from pyro lore converges/getting flat. A CA-level more in any of the fire buffs is always 2% more relative damage. The base damage of a spell depends just on its CA-level. So again it is more towards focus once you can manage the reg-times.

• Like! 1

Judging by the table on wiki, about 89 is right time to stop Lore as the increase starts to reduce around there. So since I have extra levels anyway from gear, I will probably stop it at 75. Not sure about focus as Incandescent skin is only buff I need to worry about number of runes read in, and I am not even near the max level I can use yet. So migth stop them both on 75 and start to work on the others.

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by colif
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably gear is important for defense. I would put 75 points in lore and focus and master shield lore which should help against green scorpions as it give reflect and % melee block for a shopped shield. Evasion pants and boots will also help against scorpions and other things.

• Like! 1