Endless Legend

Printing manual now (yes I bought it :P) It's 70 pages long. Love these type games. But I think it's only on PC right now but planning on adding Mac and Linux

• 11 months later...

Just played two sessions of Endless Legend in single player as the dragons. Was almost a fun experience.

There are a lot of cool ideas in play compared to Civ 5: the unpredictable winter/summer mechanic, slow global freezing cataclysm, fantasy creatures and locations, the hero bonus mechanic is very polished, you can customize your troop gear, the art is very cool, there are quests to complete for very nice rewards.

The setbacks, at least on the version I played: LOTS OF CRASHING. There is no way you could play this game in multiplayer with this much crashing. There were times the game crashed just from me clicking too early at the end of a turn.

There are no naval battles, and some rare roaming enemies just get stuck at sea.

There is no steampunk or futuristic tech later in game.

No early calendar tech to better predict winter earlier.

And the game is boring after the halfway mark – enemies actually value piece, the borders are open by default, and none of the even try to win. No one even tried to stop me when I was going for obvious diplomatic (just trade stuff directly with others) or cultural victories (finish main quest, then spend last 300 turns clicking next turn).

In theory I could easily build a steamroller army that could destroy all other empires one by one.

Did not even try going for the technological victory - 600 or more turns is not worth my time.

Unfortunately, there is no narrator. The intros to nations have narration, but that is it. The music was appropriate enough, but I would rather hear the narrator for the small "You win" screen. In that way the ends of Civ 5 are better.

But I must admit, that playing this game at least once if fun.

Edited by SX255

I kind of forgot about this game....played for a week or two but it was still early access and I'm sure several features were missing and balancing was a WIP....might give it another go once I get tired of Grim Dawn....which means probably not playing it again for a long while

• Like! 1