implementing combat quotes link under Character's "See Also" section  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should we open a page including Combat Quotes for all characters?

As of September 20 I started working on this.You can track my progress here

Shadow Warrior Quotes ~90% complete - Last updated 10/31/2014
High Elf Quotes ~17% complete - Last updated 10/26/2014
Seraphim Quotes ~45% complete - Last updated 10/28/2014
Inquisitor Quotes Not started
Dryad Quotes Not started
Dragon Mage Quotes Not started

======Changelog======

Added Fleeing Enemies
This rarely occurs on proper difficulty with base to high survival bonus.Enemies mostly run away from you when their level is lesser than you but some range attackers' hit&run also triggers these lines.

Added Stronger Enemies
Getting closer to certain enemies,including champions trigger this.It happens quote often with high survival bonus.

Added Stepping on T-Energy Bog
This section has very limited number of lines and might be removed.

Added Inventory Overload
Triggers while trying to pick up an item with full inventory

Added Near Death
This happens when the character is below 10% health

Added Attacking ranged unit

If I am not wrong,this only happens when melee character gets attacked by physical ranged attacker.Only Seraphim's lines are available this time.

November 31 2014 Update
Shadow path contains extra lines vs certain enemy types.Added new lines for Humans and Goblins.
Replaced Light&Shadow Campaign with ☺☻ unicode symbols to match in-game alignment symbols.

Added Boss Encounters

Approaching Main Quest Bosses will trigger this.
Gar'Colosssus and Octagolamus are confirmed.

Edited by Ironwill
  • Like! 1

If you're intent on archiving character lines, then listening to the files would be a good way to get them all. But, I think if you do that, you'll realize just how vast the amount of lines are. The amount + relatively little value for players = probably not worth trying to type them all out into a Wiki page.

EDIT: I think what would be a better idea is if you hear a quote that's really interesting you can put it on this page: Assorted Eggs.

you have a point,some are really not needed.I will try to add any interesting quotes to egss

I can see where this could be seen as being uber reach on a Wiki, however, written text costs us very little in space, and the drive behind this could actually be kind of a fun in creating a new addition to the wiki... or as Schot is saying right now...adds "character" to the character^^

The pages can exist as a link from the main character page. In fact, as I was reading through the list of lines right now that the toon says, I found myself being amused, as I didn't ever really pay attention to what they're saying.

I vote yes!

I applaud the interest, the energy and the effort to keep increasing the resolution that this Wiki offers to the game.. it's like having an electron microscope that becomes more and more powerful every year.

Just my little opinion

:D

gogo

Heh. Far be it from me to stand in anyone's way. My concern about the huge amount of lines wasn't about Wiki space (I tend to go the opposite way... more more more more pics), just about the work involved. It doesn't seem fun...listening to 600 audio clips X 7 characters and then typing them out... But since you're the one doing it, you get to decide what's worth your time, no one else does.

You might set the character comments to "always" in the options if you haven't already, to hear more speech more often.

I'm associal enough for this task,dont worry :D

It's a good idea for bringing more content into the Wiki, im actually curious now as to what is being said, been so long since I heard them grumbling... and somehow seeing all the dialogue played out on a page one after another like that gives you a big chunk of character at once... kind of like a "soul bite"

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1

It's a good idea for bringing more content into the Wiki, im actually curious now as to what is being said, been so long since I heard them grumbling... and somehow seeing all the dialogue played out on a page one after another like that gives you a big chunk of character at once... kind of like a "soul bite"

:lol:

gogo

:o you mean like this format?

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Skeleton_King_responses

Great start with the Shadow Warrior. 17 down, 988 to go. :)

M9DvSkp.jpg

Although it will probably be less than that since a lot of regional quotes aren't active in-game, and some are just "ahhh" and "ow" and "raaah!"

• Like! 1

my current plan is adding only "attacking certain type of enemies","killing"and "receiving damage" there are also shadow path specific quotes -__-
one more thing I never noticed,Shadow warrior says "try and die with honor this time" to an undead made me laugh so hard which makes this thing worthy of doing

Edited by Ironwill

my current plan is adding only "attacking certain type of enemies","killing"and "receiving damage" there are also shadow path specific quotes -__-

one more thing I never noticed,Shadow warrior says "try and die with honor this time" to an undead made me laugh so hard which makes this thing worthy of doing

I think you should definitely do the "cancel my idle" quotes. These are some of the funniest ones, because the character usually talks directly to you.

I think you should definitely do the "cancel my idle" quotes. These are some of the funniest ones, because the character usually talks directly to you.

okay after I complete my list I will add them

Looking good Ironwill!

2hs42uo.jpg

You can also make the enemy categories (humans, undead, orcs etc... ) in your titles links to their pages in the Wiki for extra cross referencing for even more love.

You're putting some good work here, and all this counts as practice towards your art of wiki making!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

You can also make the enemy categories (humans, undead, orcs etc... ) in your titles links to their pages in the Wiki for extra cross referencing for even more love.

it will be done

Edit:After checking the pages I linked,I found out Sacred_2:Animal and Sacred_2:Orc pages need urgent help,they both seemed to have very limited information

Edited by Ironwill
  • Like! 1